Code of Conduct

Default A source for Andy Tauer's L'Air du Desert Marocain?

Following a recommendation by a fellow basenoter and a lot of research, I would like to do my first blind purchase and order a bottle of L'Air du Desert Marocain. I know Lucky Scents carries it but their shipping to Canada and customs/duties surchages are a little high, is there another source in the US or Canada?

Oh and those who use this fragrance, how is the staying power? I have no problem decanting some into a pocket atomizers but ideally I prefer not to have to "refresh" my scent too often like with some other perfumes (L'Artisan's Navegar is like that for me, it's absolutely amazing for about 15 minutes and then it's but a fleeting memory).

Default Re: A source for Andy Tauer's L'Air du Desert Marocain?

The other place to try is Aedes De Venustas in New York City but I have no idea whether their shipping charges wd be any better. You can also go directly through Tauer's website, of course, which might be worth checking out for price. In fact if the Canadian dollar is stronger than the US dollar at this point, that might make a difference.
    The longevity and sillage of L'Air are both excellent in my experience.

I only know of Taures own homepage, http://www.tauerperfumes.com, besides Lucky Scent. But it might be even more expensive, since it's overseas.

I ordered this one blind about a week ago and I have little doubt that I will not enjoy it. In the rare case that I would and it wouldn't even be collection worthy; can you think of a more exclusive gift? Ordering this one blind seems like a win win. Good luck!
    "- Harry, I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange."

You can order it directly from Andy Tauer here. It's also available at Aedes, I think.

As for your second question, it has incredible lasting power, in my experience. It seems to keep reappearing throughout the day. LADDM was my first niche purchase and I've never regretted it. A wonderful fragrance!

FYI - I just placed an order for it from Aedes and they are out of stock. They told me it should be back in stock this week hopefully

100th Post. Oh yeah!
    Last edited by jeffpoos; 4th August 2008 at 07:29 PM.

Aedes does not ship to Canada, as read on their website.

Let a friend on BN or elsewhere buy a bottle along with something else and use a "free shipping" code to the US.

Then let him send it via post, which will cost a lot less than LuckyScent shipping and have much more luck avoiding customs.

BN is full of kind people so I'm sure someone would eventually help you out. If I was in the US, I'd gladly do so. IMO, shipping directly from Tauer is less economical than from LS. (With LS, you get to grab another bottle and choose samples from different houses, etc)

There are a couple of good reasons to order directly from Andy and that is that he is a cool guy and would get all of the money for the transaction instead of his usual 50% when Aedes or Luckyscent buys his stuff to resell it on their websites. Just something to think about.

cool...my 1,000th post!!!

Banned

Another option would be First In Fragrance, although I don't know their usual customs charges.

Quote Originally Posted by paintrman View Post
    There are a couple of good reasons to order directly from Andy and that is that he is a cool guy and would get all of the money for the transaction instead of his usual 50% when Aedes or Luckyscent buys his stuff to resell it on their websites. Just something to think about.
    Congrats on 1000 paintrman!

I've also found Andy to be very friendly and helpful even if you don't purchase from him. My bottle of L'Air developed a crack in the atomizer line so it leaked everywhere. E-mailed him with my problem and sent out a new atomizer at no charge
    Last edited by teger; 4th August 2008 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NEoTY26 View Post
    Another option would be First In Fragrance, although I don't know their usual customs charges.
    Thanks for the info. On FIF website they list this frag as "Andy Tauer - L'Air du désert marocain EdT intense". Is that exactly the same one or is this a more concentrated, "intense" version?

can't help you with a source, but LDDM was my first blind purchase of niche frags that cost more than I was comfortable spending...

total homerun!

sillage and longevity are perfect.

enjoy!
    top ten: L'Air du Desert Marocain, Black Aoud, Le Labo Rose 31, Bois du Portugal, Incense Rose, Millesime Imperial, Czech & Speake no.88, Terre de Hermes, Musc Ravageur, Nasomatto Duro

Best layers: GIT and TdH, GIT and BA

sample wishlist: Roses Musk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Igor01 View Post
    Thanks for the info. On FIF website they list this frag as "Andy Tauer - L'Air du désert marocain EdT intense". Is that exactly the same one or is this a more concentrated, "intense" version?
    They are the same.

Just buy it from Andy himself through his official website. I believe the total is $105 ($85 + $20 worldwide shipping), and the CDN dollar is on par with the Swiss Franc I believe. I have a friend in Toronto who orders through Montale in Paris and he gets his packages okay with no customs & duties. I've also heard a few canadian residents getting their FM scents okay as well, so no worries.

Also, may I suggest ordering a sample pack of all of Andy Tauer's scents instead. Going blind on LDDM is a bit risky IMO.

Post Re: A source for Andy Tauer's L'Air du Desert Marocain?

You've probably already gotten your L'air, but I wanted to add to the above. It cost me less to order directly from Andy in Switzerland, than it would have from Lucky Scent. True, I didn't get any samples other than his, (he was kind enough to send me a very gererous sample of Le Rose Chypree, before it was on the market) but that was OK with me, I wear several of his scents anyway ! Andy's one of the sweetest guys in the world, and he's so generous, he's always doing give-aways, check out his blog ! Out of the dozens of samples I got for my son to try, he chose L'air, and it's divine on him. It's very long lasting, an has excellent sillage.

Regards,
    MJ

The Perfume Shoppe in Vancouver now has the Andy Tauer line.

Quote Originally Posted by LeNez View Post
    You've probably already gotten your L'air, but I wanted to add to the above. It cost me less to order directly from Andy in Switzerland, than it would have from Lucky Scent. True, I didn't get any samples other than his, (he was kind enough to send me a very gererous sample of Le Rose Chypree, before it was on the market) but that was OK with me, I wear several of his scents anyway ! Andy's one of the sweetest guys in the world, and he's so generous, he's always doing give-aways, check out his blog ! Out of the dozens of samples I got for my son to try, he chose L'air, and it's divine on him. It's very long lasting, an has excellent sillage.

Regards,
    MJ
    Yep, it is cheaper to order from Andy. I actually had ordered from luckyscent and canceled it the same day when I realized it was like $20 less from Andy. It took a good bit longer, but I liked ordering from him directly. He's a super nice guy.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

I also got my LDDM directly from Andy, he's a super guy and it was much cheaper at the time to purchase it directly from Switzerland because of the Canadian/Swiss exchange rate.

He has a new shop interface. If you only buy LADDM then buy directly from him :P
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"