Code of Conduct

Question What's your favorite neroli?

Okay, so I love Mugler Cologne and I like Penhaligon's Castile and I just got a sample in the mail (thanks, MikeP!) of Un Jardin Neroli by Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier and I'm realizing that I really love Neroli.

Castile and Un Jardin Neroli both have kind of woody underpinnings that are nice, but not exactly where I want my neroli to go in its drydown.

What's your favorite neroli? It seems like the perfect hot weather scent to me, sweet and fresh without being too heavy or smothering.

Blog Entries

Default Re: What's your favorite neroli?

My favorite wearable neroli is Castile.

My favorite neroli that I don't wear is Creed's Neroli Sauvage. The opening is amazingly beautiful. Then it's gone in 10 minutes. And I can't take the dry down.

My "currently under consideration" neroli is Annick Goutal's Neroli.

For hot summer days, I prefer lime-scented frags over neroli, but neroli definitely has a place in my wardrobe.
    Brent

Catherine Deneuve: "You should put scent where you like to be kissed."

Basenotes Institution

You're welcome Mr. Rex.

That's an easy question - I think everyone on Basenotes knows I'm a little 'nuts' over the rich, luxurious (and discontinued) Neroli by L'Occitane.

Disclaimer: The L'Occitane is a much different animal, than the MPG. The neroli in MPG is more like an orange blossom/neroli fragrance. A fine example of this 'type' of neroli can be found in Neroli by Czech & Speake and Neroli Portofino by Tom Ford.

There are a ton of others, but I'll let some other Basenoters recommend those.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 4th August 2008 at 10:25 PM.

You must try Czech & Speake Neroli indeed. It's close to perfect. And if you ever come across it, Berdoues No.444 Extra Vieille EdC, a classic Eau de Cologne with a beautiful, strong Neroli note.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

if you like Castile then you are going to be very thrilled to try both the Czech & Speake Neroli (which, as I've said, I'd bathe in if I were plutocrat) and Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier Pour le Jeune Homme. The former doesn't have great longevity, but the neroli is of absolute stellar purity and single-focus. The latter lasts a remarkably long time on me and there is a spiciness that I think is captivating.
    Castile, C&S, and PLJH are all in HIGH rotation throughout the year for me.

It's not neroli, but do me the favor and try Diptyque's Oyedo; it has a similar essence to it and I'm in love with that one, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Oaksbluff View Post
    if you like Castile then you are going to be very thrilled to try both the Czech & Speake Neroli (which, as I've said, I'd bathe in if I were plutocrat) and Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier Pour le Jeune Homme. The former doesn't have great longevity, but the neroli is of absolute stellar purity and single-focus. The latter lasts a remarkably long time on me and there is a spiciness that I think is captivating.

It's not neroli, but do me the favor and try Diptyque's Oyedo; it has a similar essence to it and I'm in love with that one, as well.
    At 40, I don't know that I necessarily fall into the "jeune homme" category anymore, but I'm willing to give it a try.

What about Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa?

Quote Originally Posted by T. Rex, Esq. View Post
    At 40, I don't know that I necessarily fall into the "jeune homme" category anymore, but I'm willing to give it a try.
    haha. for this scent, the old saw "you are only as old as you feel" applies completely! it is a must try for the neroli aficionado

Is there a designer Neroli for less than 50 bucks?

Quote Originally Posted by LuciusVorenus View Post
    Is there a designer Neroli for less than 50 bucks?

You could probably find JPG Fleur du Male or Fahrenheit 32 for <50
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

C&S Neroli for a 'floral' neroli.

Creed Neroli Sauvage for a more 'masculine' neroli. Those who can't smell neroli in this should do the following test: Spray PdN Balle de Match and Neroli Sauvage side by side and then compare the aromas.

I cant stand the cedary synthetic second half of L'Occitane's Neroli EDP.
    -

Currently, my favorite neroli is Rochas Lui.

First: C&S Neroli
    Second: Mazzolari Fleurs d'Oranger

Citrus Bigarrade by Creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed.

Quote Originally Posted by samplermike View Post
    Citrus Bigarrade by Creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed.
    Creed? That's Scott Stapp's old band, isn't it?

Okay, so samples are on their way of Mazzolari, Eau Pour le Jeune Homme, Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa, Diptyque Oyedo, and, uh, something else that I can't remember right now.

I've also got samples on the way of Hindu Grass and Anvers by Ulrich Lang.

Any other Neroli suggestions that don't come from HOUSEOFCREEEEED?

I haven't really explored neroli, but my favorite so far is Parfums de Nicolai Cologne Sologne.

Basenotes Institution

Okay, so samples are on their way of Mazzolari, Eau Pour le Jeune Homme, Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa, Diptyque Oyedo, and, uh, something else that I can't remember right now.

I've also got samples on the way of Hindu Grass and Anvers by Ulrich Lang.

Any other Neroli suggestions that don't come from HOUSEOFCREEEEED?
    Oh, I can't wait to hear what you think of Oyedo! Fun, fun, fun - a couple of buddies and I sniffed it in Europe and we all fell in love with it (it was way too expensive to buy with the US Dollar/Swedish Kronen), and it really did smell like orange Life Savers on my skin. It's an easy to love orange scent.

I like SL Fleurs d'Oranger on my wife (which is probably more of a "white flower" type fragrance than a neroli fragrance). Neroli isn't a scent I've really gone out of my way to try to find one that I myself would wear.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

Creed - Neroli Savage is my favorite

But L'Occiatane is alsoo quite good
    Last edited by Simon Moon; 5th August 2008 at 05:08 AM.

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Diptyque's new Eau de Néroli is worth a try. I've seen it at the Diptyque shop here in San Francisco and at Barneys. A big bottle (200 ml.), and even though the size of the bottle and "Eau" in the name might suggest EdC concentration, this is a rather persistent EdT. Possible hitch; the price tag at $150-$160 US.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

I think there's a prominent neroli note in Habit Rouge Légère.

Smile Re: What's your favorite neroli?

Neroli Sauvage..........

.................................................. ...................I'm gonna memorize your name.. and then i'm gonna throw my head away!!........:bounce:.............

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeB View Post
    Diptyque's new Eau de Néroli is worth a try. I've seen it at the Diptyque shop here in San Francisco and at Barneys. A big bottle (200 ml.), and even though the size of the bottle and "Eau" in the name might suggest EdC concentration, this is a rather persistent EdT. Possible hitch; the price tag at $150-$160 US.
    IMO L' EAU DE NEROLI by Diptyque is the best NEROLI scent i own.
    Very pleasant scent and long lasting...

I don't know that one. I still have plenty of scents to discover.
    L'amour fait songer, vivre et croire. Il a, pour réchauffer le coeur, un rayon de plus que la gloire; et ce rayon, c'est le bonheur. (Victor HUGO)

If you like Neroli you are going to love the new Prada Infusion D'Homme.

It's Neroli-vana.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by HDS1963 View Post
    If you like Neroli you are going to love the new Prada Infusion D'Homme.

It's Neroli-vana.
    Absolutely!
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Absolutely!

On the subject of neroli - Bond No9 Eau De New York is a nice fresh Neroli but it goes sour on my skin, anyone else find this?
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Thumbs up Re: What's your favorite neroli?

Quote Originally Posted by deck89 View Post
    Neroli Sauvage..........
    My favorite too. Though I don't own it.

Quote Originally Posted by Oaksbluff View Post

I'm not a jeune homme either, by a long shot. But follow Oaksbluff's advice on the MPG scent - this is an eau de cologne of classic beauty, plus it has longer wear time than many EDC's. The neroli hangs on through the heart note, and then (on me anyway) a truly enjoyable sandalwood/rosemary note appears in the later stages. I wear this in winter, because it can stand up to either heat or cold.

Another favorite of mine is Patricia de Nicolai's Cologne Sologne. The neroli is clean and sharp in this one, not overly lush or "blooming". Overall, a little on the soapy side, but in a way that makes you feel immaculately groomed.

Quote Originally Posted by fraddicted View Post
    Currently, my favorite neroli is Rochas Lui.
    +1

Fahrenheit 32 is a neroli/vanilla mix

L'Occitane has a new fragrance, called 'Blood Orange/Neroli Intense' (or something like that), the problem is that the citrus only lasts 40-60 minutes.

Bond No 9 Little Italy is also orange/neroli

Anybody have a good source of samples of Infusion d'Homme? I gotta say, I like the price tag on that one. $54 at Neiman's for 50ml.

Anybody have a good source of samples of Infusion d'Homme? I gotta say, I like the price tag on that one. $54 at Neiman's for 50ml.
    Plus a 25.5oz flacon will be available for @ $300.... this is, of course, the most convenient size for those who want to spongebathe in it.