Code of Conduct

Default Why are there two different Keiko Mecheri bottles?

Maybe I'm missing something but there is the more common cubic bottle with the felt labelling (as advertised on Luckyscent) and the oblong or rectangular bottle with the details printed on the glass (as shown on their website).

Would someone care to enlighten me?
    Last edited by Trebor; 6th August 2008 at 12:12 PM.

Default Re: Why are there two different Keiko Mecheri bottles?

Actually, Trebor, there are three different bottles and the type of the bottle determines its age
    The oldest one came as 100 ml, was rectangular/oblong and had a cap rather similar to the Lutens export line, but silver-coloured and shorter. This one had also the details printed in off white on the bottle.
    Then came the 75 ml (less juice, same price ), with the same oblong form and size but with a heavy glass bottom (hence the decrease in content); the cap changed to an oval shape and was longer.
    The last batch comes in the cubic bottles you see i.a. on luckyscent.
    I'm sorry I am unable to tell you the years when KM changed the styles (or was forced to...I think I remember a story about this? Not sure).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Lady_in_Black, thanks for the information. The 100ml bottle is new to me but I suppose it doesn't matter since these were discontinued aeons ago. I'm just asking because the one advertsised on Luckyscent is so tacky - I may get a scent from this house but would prefer the one shown on their website.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    Lady_in_Black, thanks for the information. The 100ml bottle is new to me but I suppose it doesn't matter since these were discontinued aeons ago. I'm just asking because the one advertsised on Luckyscent is so tacky - I may get a scent from this house but would prefer the one shown on their website.
    I didn't like the square ones at first but I found that they aren't as likely to fall over if bumped like the thin rectangualr ones.