Code of Conduct

Question Question for PotL experts!

For those of you who have experience with both concentrations of Luctor et Emergo:
    1) Can you please compare the EDT and the Parfum? i.e. how the various notes stand out, drydown, longevity, etc.
    2) Also, which do you think is less feminine/more unisex?
    3) I've tested the EDT and I really like it. I see the other bottle says "Parfum." Is this really a perfume concentration? Seems an awfully large bottle for that...or is it really an EDP? The difference in the two prices is not as big as you'd expect for a perfume vs. EDT.
    Thanks!
    RM

Question Question for PotL experts!

Hello ladies,
    Perhaps I should have posted this on the Female Board to begin with:

For those of you who have experience with both concentrations of Luctor et Emergo:
    1) Can you please compare the EDT and the Parfum? i.e. how the various notes stand out, drydown, longevity, etc.
    2) Also, which do you think is less feminine/more unisex?
    3) I've tested the EDT and I really like it. I see the other bottle says "Parfum." Is this really a perfume concentration? Seems an awfully large bottle for that...or is it really an EDP? The difference in the two prices is not as big as you'd expect for a perfume vs. EDT.
    Thanks!
    RM

Default Re: Question for PotL experts!

I see no replies to your post, and I'd hate to think that you'd interpret that as no interest, so I'm going to reply, even though I only smelled one sample, and I believe it was EDT.
    First of all, I don't think this fragrance is particularly feminine, no matter the concentration. Childlike? Maybe, but it's Play-Doh!
    Secondly, I would love to smell a higher concentration, because the sample I had was relatively light and didn't last very long.
    Thirdly, I loved it.

I have the EDT, and I can share that I bought that version because I heard that the cherry note was more pronounced in the EDT, and that was the note that attracted me to POTL. I tried the parfum (which I do think is EDP) but didn't like it better than the EDT.

When I bought my bottle of PotL almost three years ago I think, I went for the Edt because it was more transparent and, like Perfume_addict said, the sweet fruity heliotrope note was more evident. On my skin, longevity of the Edt is around 6 hours, so it's decidedly good. What I learned, it doesn't agree with high humidty (I avoid wearing it on rainy days).
    The Parfum (which is a strong EdP concentration IMO) is heavier on the incense and woody notes and has more depth and, of course, longevity.
    Should I buy it today, I would go for the Parfum. And that's the concentration I would say is the less feminine one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Red face Re: Question for PotL experts!

Thank you for all your responses! Interestingly, I don't get much of a cherry note in this (I'm sure it's there, perhaps I need to learn to recognize it). Also, I don't get a connection to Play-doh, which I wouldn't mind anyway. All I know is that this is a complex scent in a very understated manner. It's very comforting and I was instantly attracted to it upon sampling. These days, after having smelled many, many fragrances and with my wardrobe out of control, this doesn't happen very often.
    This is what I was hoping Costume National's Scent Intense would be but that didn't work for me.
    I'm in trouble, especially now that I'm being told the Parfum (EDP) is even less feminie...

I own the higher concentration, which I agree is more of an EDP than parfum. I also went through several samples of the EDT, which I found to be heavier on the incense. Both are lovely. On my skin the parfum is sweet, but when my husband wears it there's nothing feminine in it and it's more dry and woody.

I own a generous decant of the EdP (parfum- yes, I really think it's EdP- but a good EdP.) Definitely think there is a difference between the concentrations too. EdT- is sweeter, fruitier and it doesn't last at all on me. The EdP lasts for a very long time on me- into the next day actually. It find it sweet- but more like cherry-pipe-tobacco-sweet, then I get hay and incense and some dusting of heliotrope/powdery/almond. While it's not sticky sweet, it somehow reminds me of some sort of an exotic food that you'd get in the middle east- but it's not really foody. If that make any sense at all. I feel a man could pull this one off easily- the pipe tobacco note seals it for certain.

As a side note- a chemically sensitive person once commented on my wearing this one. She said something like, "Mmmm- that's so nice! What are you wearing?...I can always tell when people are wearing the good, expensive stuff, because it doesn't bother me."
    Scent is such a lovely, simple pleasure!

Talking Re: Question for PotL experts!

Just wanted to come back and thank everyone for their advice and expertise.
    I am now the proud owner of a bottle of Luctor et Emergo Parfum.
    I got it at Lusciouscargo for a price that seems lower than other places. I've also noticed that this item is becoming less and less available on all niche sites.
    RM

Congratulations on your purchase!

Wise Renaissance Man! Congrats, I am sure you won't regret this purchase (and if you do, PM me ).
    A special thank you for informing us about your choice....I really appreciate it. I hate it when, after much questioning and recommending, I'll never know if it was a happy ending or not
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker