Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SotD Tuesday 5 August

Good morning!

Etro Magot for me again.

Enjoy your day!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Tuesday 5 August

Good morning Today I was in the mood for Mitsouko edt.This is possibly one of my favourite scents and I really needed it today! Hope you all have a great day!

L'air du désert marocain

Good evening! Liked the TBS Vanilla oil so much yesterday that I wore it again this morning.

Came home this arvo to find some samples from a generous BNer I thought I'd wait and try a different sample each day but I got impatient, so at the moment I'm wearing a little amount of most of the samples:

Left arm:
    Poivre Piquant
    Un Lys
    Sa Majeste la Rose
    Musc Ravageur
    Fleurs de Citronnier

Right arm:
    Clair de Musc
    Sarrisins
    Arabie
    Louve

When labelling my arms (yes I wrote on my arms where I had dabbed/sprayed) I couldn't find Timbuktu. I thought I had applied it but couldn't find it... naughty L'Artisan disappeared already!!

Oh and tested Miss Dior Cherie on my chest from my new bottle.

Hey jillsy, you sure have a very interesting sillage...I especially love how you right arm smells

Succeeded in ripping myself free from Un Jardin sur le Nil, and it's a Lutens again

Datura Noir

Am totally enjoying the creaminess of its tropical flowers.

Have a fab Tuesday, all!
    Last edited by Lady_in_Black; 5th August 2008 at 09:07 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Working today wearing Bulgari Rose Essentielle. Have a wonderful day!

Une Fleur de Cassie in the Malle collection. It's grey and rainy today; this perfume is warm and floral so at least it's still summer on my wrists...

What a celestial bunch of smellers....

Up early, off to work-
    In Balmain's Ambre Gris.
    Very sweet, very salty, very resinous.

It doesn't turn the world on its ear- but it is extremely lovely and purrs softly...

Have a good day !

Jillsy, Timbuktu actually lasts and lasts on me.

Jo Malone Nectarine Blossom for this morning. Hot as Hades again.

Vanilia, felt like something comforting and uncomplicated

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone, I am testing Estee Lauder Sensuous

top notes: ghost lily, magnolia, jasmine
    heart notes: sandalwood, pepper, mandarin pulp, honey
    base notes: molten woods, amber

Opens very sweet, with a quick hit of pepper. Moves quickly into woods and honey and a lot of juicy citrus. At some point it reminded me a little of Samsara or Tuscany per Donna, then I got something more along the lines of L'Instant with less florals. Very pretty. And potent! A little goes a long way.

Have a great day, all.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

With an assist to maisonstinky, ScentMother and I split the samples he sent her last night. In that group is one I've been wanting to try:

Montale Red Vetyver

This has been getting a lot of wear by the guys lately and now that I'm wearing it I see why. Vetiver is not the major player here there is also some grapefruit and spice in the foreground. This is an extraordinary scent on me.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Shopping for groceries very early in the morning. Amour de Cacao all over and a liberal spray of Vaniglia Bourbon & Mandarino di Sicilia on hair.

At the fruit and vegetable department I felt someone close behind me and she was actually sniffing me Nostrils flaring. That woman looked absolutely hungry!
    A good thing she was satisfied that I wrote down the name of the scents and gave her some sprays of the Vaniglia/Mandarino on her wrist.

Yay, immediate 'Basenotes Salute' given by a total stranger

We should sniff each other more often. Makes the start of the day somehow much funnier.

Moral: don't wear this when you go to a vampire movie. Someone might be tempted....
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Back to work today, in JICKY

Quote Originally Posted by tdem1961 View Post
    Hello everyone, I am testing Estee Lauder Sensuous

top notes: ghost lily, magnolia, jasmine
    heart notes: sandalwood, pepper, mandarin pulp, honey
    base notes: molten woods, amber

Opens very sweet, with a quick hit of pepper. Moves quickly into woods and honey and a lot of juicy citrus. At some point it reminded me a little of Samsara or Tuscany per Donna, then I got something more along the lines of L'Instant with less florals. Very pretty. And potent! A little goes a long way.

Have a great day, all.
    Can't wait to try that (it's not widely available in UK yet - just in Selfridges and I haven't been there lately!).

Another hot one predicted here too...in the act of decanting some for my Beloved Daughter-in-Law, I decided I also need a little

...cool citron presse. (She's already addicted to Fig Almond and Cassis - am I doing a great job or what!!)

After tai chi, doing lunch with my retreatant friend and visiting a dear little local art museum on the beach.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

I would kill for a day at the beach!

Estee Lauder Sensuous for me today

Oh yes, we're back to work here too!
    Humidity is at 94% - hard to breathe!
    Thunder- showers in the picture for today as well!
    So, what to wear? What to wear!!!???

Parfumerie Generale • Bois Blond

That Estee Lauder Sensuous sounds GREAT!
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

Ms. Tao - I hope that one day I can create as internally peaceful and serene a life as you have. I've always marvelled at your grace.

Still going through my Possets goodies. Really digging this line!

Today's treat - The Gingerbread Whorehouse.

Dead ringer for home baked gingerbread cake. What I wished Un Crime Exotique was. Sadly, that one was just a plain ol' CRIME on my skin.

The Possets is creamy and gingerbready and spicy. The drydown is dry spices and a hint of musk. I could easily see a guy wearing this (SMM - how adventurous are you feeling ScentBro?), particularly after they have worn it for an hour to knock out the sweeter notes.
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Fragrance triplet with tdem1961 and The Fragrant Zebra in Estee Lauder Sensuous this morning. I still can't make up my mind about this one - yet I can't get my nose away from my wrist. I want to say, "eh", but it's just so likeable. I think that's a thumbs up.

A new whirlwind has blown into my life - we made an offer on a house here in VA and it was accepted. Everything took place Sunday and yesterday. Now we just have to schedule closing - we're hoping to do it over the next couple of weeks. Plus, we're taking over my mother's property in FL. Sheesh! My head is spinning! I told my husband I'm not moving again, the only way I'm vacating the new house will be feet first. Still...it doesn't seem real yet.

I hope everyone is having a terrific Tuesday!

Hilarious supermarket story R! Glad some people pick up on how wonderful we smell.

Caldey Island Lavender Water for me today.
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille

Lilybelle, based on my one spray at a Bloomingdale's counter (they didn't have samples) I'm with you on the Sensuous. It's good, but it doesn't make me swoon. And yet, and yet... dang, it's NICE.

For me, Costes.
    Notes:Lavender, bay-tree, coriander, white pepper, rose, incense, woods and light musc.

Perfect.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

The Dreamer by Versace

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Because I'm feeling silly today...

Adventures of a Scented Student

Early morning class to wake up for. Decided to continue on with the sampling and tried Feminite du Bois Eau Timide. It didn't leave much of an impression on me. I think I would like this scent if it weren't so faint on me. Will have to try the original!

Jumped on the University shuttle bus (the first one of the day). As such, it was absolutely PACKED when all the other students piled on at the train station stop. A young man in front of me had the most VILE spicy BO smell about him. To make matters worse, the guy sitting next to me had gone crazy with his aftershave and the two mingled smells were rather horrendous. A huge relief when I was able to get off and go to class.

After first class was a lecture with all my friends. SWORE I could smell SL Cedre. It smelt just as I remembered when I had sampled it a couple of months prior. No idea who it was from though, and it seemed SO unlikely one of my friends would have an SL scent of all things.

Later, was over at one of the other units where one of the boy's was cooking an apple pie for the communal dinner thing tomorrow. Delicious apple and cinnamon-smelling goodness. Attempted to beg for a piece but as predicted, no pie.

The fridge smells really off. I need to organise all the housemates this weekend to clean out both the fridge and freezer. For only 4 people right now it's unreasonably full.

Am now kicking back after finishing the assignment due for tomorrow. Soaking in the gorgeous aroma of my Twinings Strawberry and Mango tea. Expensive for so few teabags, but my one little luxury.

And that's the day of this scented student! Hope everyone else is having a fab Tuesday!
    Last edited by Tavorna; 5th August 2008 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Whoops, Twinings not Tetley.

Basenotes Plus

Dzing! on one side & Dzongkha on the other.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

SL Bois et Musc. I think this is my favourite of the Boix; I like it even better than Feminite.
    Another belief of mine; that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise.

Margaret Atwood

Last night O'Hare Airport in Chicago was CLOSED due to extreme storms/tornadoes, so my daughter, trying to get home from NC, ended up stranded in Birmingham, AL! Being that this was her first solo vacation, the husband and I were a bit worried. Luckily, we found a hotel room for her nearby the airport ~ so she could get some food and rest. It's still storming here, I hope she'll make it home safely today. Turning to my bottle of Kai for some fresh & uplifting fumes today!

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Oh, Jillsy, THAT's REALLY MATURE (and exactly what I'd do with 10 new samples )

Agreed, Riannon--funnier way to start the day.

Lilybelle, I'm excited about the house, but then I'm over-blessed with the nesting instinct.

Wearing a summer-suited sample of Fragonard Ile d'Amour courtesy of that "Beast of Wordin'" Wordbird . Smells blue-ish, as I imagine tropical waters.

The HVAC guy shows up today to check & connect the freon lines for our long-awaited AIR CONDITIONER!!!!!!!!!!! Yippee!
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Yes, Sensuous wearers, it is a captivating scent. I tend to spray it on when I get home from work, but have yet to make a morning commitment to it. And yes, I did buy the bottle; I am exceedingly fond of it.

Today I am wearing Attrape-Coeur. Yum.

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    Fragrance triplet with tdem1961 and The Fragrant Zebra in Estee Lauder Sensuous this morning.
    Make that quadruplet - I'm in Sensuous today, too!

I´m inside a cloud of Vanille Noire du Mexique AND Vanille Divine des Tropiques today.

Hope your daughter makes it home safely, ubu!

It's an old jr. high school favorite for me today....Alyssa Ashley Musk

Wore Serge Luten's A la Nuit for work, Shalimar in bed.

It's Paco Rabanne Calandre for me today. Gorgeous - green, rose, dry iris, woods...
    Every time I wear it I feel the need to stock up on more 'just in case' it goes away one day.

not that i'm ready and dressed for work yet... boo hiss, but i think today i'll wear l'huere bleu. yup. its a good day for that one.
    ~*~*~*~*~
    One by one the lava lamps are stealing my sanity...

Sote is Le baiser du dragon edt.

Chanel 19 edt. Craving Philosykos, though.

Still trying to get out from under the piles of things that arrived from the movers yesterday...at least I have my frags!

Today, I felt like: Bulgari Eau Parfumee au The Rouge

Yesterday, no SotD

Yessss! The last working day is over....vacation starting tomorrow
    I am going to celebrate wearing White Aoud as SotE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Ok. Scent of the EVENING (not often that I change, but today I was craving this): L'instant Guerlain. There's something about this...

Il Bacio all day and loving it!

Sisleyeau de campagne

Wearing Manifesto by Isabella Rosellini. Nice scent but no sillage....

Back from 3 days of cycling in the Niagara region with our local cycling cub. On Sunday, we had a leisurely 75km easy roller ride, highlight of that trip was lunch at a winery and ice cream at the local dairy

Dear Son cycled 400km in 3 days. On Sunday, he finished a classic century run (100 miles or 160km) -- I'm very proud.

No fumes for the 3 days. Wearing Light Blue today.
    Last edited by dimples; 5th August 2008 at 08:51 PM.
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

RHM: Dzing! Dzong! as the legendary Leslie Phillips would say (I hope you've watched the Doctor in the House/ Carry On films from the 60s and know who I'm talking about!)

Riannon: Great story! I like the thought that you might just have created a brand new perfumista right there in the supermarket.

Tavorna: FdB has a big cedar note to it - is that what you were smelling?

tvlampboy: your latest avatar makes me giggle because I read it wrong the first time I saw it and thought it said "SPRAY and neuter", making me wonder quite what militant perfume movement it referred to.

Lilybelle: congratulations on your new houses. You are going to be so sick of paint charts by the end of the year!!! (Because let's be honest, wherever we move to we always think about repainting at least part of it to make our mark.)

Sakecat: I looked at the Possets list and just started laughing. If I lived in the US I'd go mad for them I think. But I suspect I may have to buy some of the ones with the really mad names like Gingerbread Whorehouse for friends for xmas.

Tao: hey sweetie. I totally agree with Sake about your amazing grace. But it's your energy that bowls me over!

Chaya: hope you had a good day. Your comment has made me put Ambre Gris on my 'go and smell' list that I often get to have a whiff of when I go to the shops. I'm lucky - we have a lot of perfume shops here and it's easy to wander in, spritz something and wander out without being too over-run by SAs.

Quarry - Hooray for Aircon! I know it's bad for the planet and no we don't have it in our homes in Europe much, but my word I do appreciate it in the car and in the shops. Bliss!

Today I made my 3 year old daughter test Blu Notte for me because I didn't want to mess with what I was wearing because it was so lovely: Cuir de Lancome, with mille grazi and tante baci to Lady In Black. This is a very leathery leather: it smells like sticking your nose into a brand new, very good quality handbag. Definitely leather. Reminds me of my friend's motorbike clothing shop, which smells divine. But Cuir is smooth and very well-mannered. I am very impressed. I think it would be very good on a gent. If I come across a bottle and I'm feeling flush, I'll certainly be tempted. Thank you LiB for your incredible kindness. Have a wonderful holiday.

Have a lovely day all.
    x
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Great stories and news bulletins today! I am still on vacation for a few more precious days.

Thanks to Agent Provocateur's Monday SotD post, I dug out my little bottle of The Body Shop's INDIAN GARDENIA Perfume Oil. I'd forgotten how appealing it is! It really doesn't smell like gardenia to me, just a fresh, light, mildly exotic floral mix.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Pino Silvestre as SotD. Amazing value for a classy fragrance! Like a walk through a pine forest..

Top Notes
    Bergamot, Lavender, Lemon.

Middle Notes

Geranium, Pine, Clary Sage.

Base Notes

Cedarwood, Moss, Musk, Amber.

Montana Parfum d'Homme as SotE. A perfect segue from the Pino Silvestre
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Molinard Fleur de Figuier

Quote Originally Posted by kaye dawn View Post
    Make that quadruplet - I'm in Sensuous today, too!
    There must have been something in the area--my SoTD? Sensuous! So we're up to quintuplets now?! I wonder if they're sneaking some controlled substance into it. I agree with others, there's nothing particularly fascinating about it, but I can't stop sniffing myself. That being said, I think I would prefer it in the evening or on a colder day.

ubu, sending good travel vibes to your daughter to make it home today.

Riannon, love the story of your encounter this morning.

Jillsy, you sound just like me when I have a number of samples. I run out of skin. I'm very curious to hear how Sarrisins was. It definitely sounds promising and is high on my list of to-tries.
    For sale: JL Scherrer parfum (reduced price) and more!

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

SOTE is POTL parfum

Started off in Badgley Mischka + matching body creme.

Trying out Yves Rocher Bambou EDC this evening. It's very green & fresh, and reminds me of a fantastic-smelling shampoo I used to use. I remember Anna_P commenting that it reminded her of Gap Grass. This will be big in the rotation for the rest of the summer.
    Sniff and let sniff.

Basenotes Plus

Did all you Sensuous wearers get your sample in the big assed box? I did. Don't care much for the scent myself & the box just made me mad.

Dzing! & Dzong..kha didn't last long. (Wordbird, honey, I'm sorry but I don't "get" the joke.) Those two were "ok". I like Timbuktu better but it makes my skin sting a little when I first apply it. (I've got that red headed fair skin.)

I wound up wearing my standby summer fragrance, Chanel #19 edt.

Tonight, we have storms so I need to drum up something sultry & mysterious. I tried RP's Visa edp but it's too fruity in the heat.

ubu...I hope your girl got home ok.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Versace Bright Crystal
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

I'm on an Yves Rocher kick. After soliciting help from fellow, more experienced BNers I purchased a bunch of stuff from Yves Rocher. I must say, some of these fragraces are beautiful. Some are okay. None of my purchases are scrubbers, and the price, HELLLLOOOO! Can I wax poetic about the price? Anyway, enjoying Yria and Comme une Evidence, each on one arm. Yesterday I combined Pleasures with Yria and it was quite nice too!

summer means fireflys

I'm wearing Pink Sugar today.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Estee Lauder Pleasures. Delightful. I really like (love?) this line. My Hermes obsession is now being joined by an Estee Lauder obsession..finding more and more in the line that I love.

I wore Kelly Caleche today (yes, again, what a complete surprise) and in this cooler, less humid weather (first time after an entire month of humid, rainy and/or hot weather) the leather and flowers kept right on effervescenting (did I just make up a word?) throughout 10 hrs of the day. \

Wow - that was a really long sentence!

I'm still deliberating on a SotE..but it's looking like Caleche (sans Kelly) will be the one.Or Samsara. Perhaps Sensuous. I love this dilemma!

Dear ubu I hope the storm calms down quickly
    and your little girl arrives home safely.

I'm so glad that someone else enjoys
    Indian Gardenia the way I do.
    Thank you for sharing Haunani.

For the afternoon I've switched to
    Lancôme• Hypnôse
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada