Code of Conduct

Default New: KENZO POWER

Available in retail from August 20.

Created by IFF perfumer Olivier Polge, Kenzo Power features spicy top notes, a woody amber base, and a heart of bergamot, coriander and cardamom.

The spare mirrored metal bottle, reminiscent of a saké flask, and slightly trapezoidal paper packaging were created by Japanese designer Kenya Hara.

Default Re: New: KENZO POWER

Thanks for the heads up.

And now to wait 3 months.

As a side note, I just went out to try Kenzo's 7:15 AM in Bali as well as Vintage.

I like virtually all Kenzo scents - men's and women's - haven't met one yet that I don't like. I think they do a great job - especially of florals and the bottles/packaging. This is one I'll be looking forward to sniffing.

I think after L'Eau Par and Jungle they did not produce anything good. Newer scents were run of the mill or did not last at all.
    Hope this one will be better though don't expect that.

i think that kenzo pour homme is one of the most groundbreaking fragrance ever. better than everything niche

Is there a pic of the bottle????????? I saved the bottle for Kenzo Pour Homme.

I love Kenzo fragrances but none really for men project enough or last.

More info here:

http://www.cosmeticnews.com/visit/af..._article=27368

"...The range includes three EdTs, of which one comes in a 750ml format..." It's pretty much a "Grey Goose" format. Lifetime supply ,I guess...

Thanks for the update. I am a Kenzo fan myself. I just purchased Kenzo Pour Homme.....This is a wonderful fragrance.....the Niche brands have nothing on this scent.
    I have been thinking about Kenzo Tokyo....it seems on the lite side.....it might be my skin.
    My Wife and I worked for this Mom and Pop store in the 90's and this is where I discovered Kenzo Pour Homme.
    Thanks again for the news.....I will be looking for this no doubt.
    Gary

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by G.303 View Post
    Thanks for the update. I am a Kenzo fan myself. I just purchased Kenzo Pour Homme.....This is a wonderful fragrance.....the Niche brands have nothing on this scent.
    I have been thinking about Kenzo Tokyo....it seems on the lite side.....it might be my skin.
    My Wife and I worked for this Mom and Pop store in the 90's and this is where I discovered Kenzo Pour Homme.
    Thanks again for the news.....I will be looking for this no doubt.
    Gary
    I tried Tokyo as my first Kenzo. I like it because it's a very different kind of woody. Turin & Sanchez call it "woody milky" and I'd say that's right. I almost didn't buy it because it was so light, but when I went back into the store with my son to show him how terribly light it was (for yuks), I suddenly got a great scent from it, and did a 180-degree flip of opinion. I find that if I go to a few direct body shots under clothing, and maybe on the neck, I can get a decent level of sillage. When you bring up the volume that high, it becomes this radiant wood that actually lives up to the overexposed city lights on the packaging. But I can't take it two days in a row. The milky thing is neat, but it's a bit weird.

All these good things people are saying about Pour Homme are making me think about another Kenzo. Thanks for the tip.

Has anyone tried the Power? It is available now in Russia, but it is rather difficult to find any testers to try it.
    Last edited by AntonPan; 4th August 2008 at 07:26 PM.

Really interesting. I like Kenzo in general - air is a linear masterpiece - and caradamom is a wonderful and intruiging note.
    "- Harry, I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange."

Basenotes Institution

When I was in Europe I saw a bottle of it, however I didn't know at the time that it was just released so I didn't smell from the tester.

I must say that I don't have much luck with Kenzo scents. I kind of hate Flower, it's got that milky, lactonic, powdery aspect in fragrances that upsets my stomach. I thought Tokyo was really really horrible when I tried it at Sephora. I also saw Ca Sent Beau at a Duty Free on my trip, tried it, and didn't really care for it either (I had read really good reviews of this one, and I had high hopes for it).

The only one that minimally piqued my interest was Air. I tried it in Denmark (at NK), and was pleasantly surprised. I expected (from the name) to get a noseful of fresh, uplifiting boring notes - instead the licorice and ozonic accord was quite strange and unique. I wasn't bowled over by the longevity and my husband made a face when I asked him to smell it. But, I need to retest it.

So....not really sure if I'm looking forward to Power. I must say I like the whole word association with the woman's fragrance Flower is kind of cute. P-ower. Fl-ower. (wink, wink)

I do think the bottle is gorgeous. Kenzo does 'good bottle' IMO.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 12th September 2008 at 02:44 AM.

The fact that the nose behind the scent is Olivier Polge is enough to pique my interest. I share Duchafour's opinion that Dior Homme is a scent worth admiration.

I love Kenzo!! for women
    "While the king is at his table, my perfume fills the air with its fragrance." SoS 1:12

The last one i had was very light. It was difficult to sense its smell.
    I teach men how to improve themselves and seduce women.

www.datingRevelations.com <- My blog where you can find almost anything related to women and seduction.
    www.datingRevelations.com/forum <- Talk with other men around the world and share info about women.

There isn't a woman who doesn't want to have sex. There are men who have no idea how to escalate.

Very nice chrome bottle! I am eagerly waiting to try this one as well!

I don't really like Kenzo pour homme, even though it is one of a kind - it smells like drinking beer at the beach.

L'eau Par Kenzo is a favourite, Lemon Pledge morphing into mango on steamed rice. Yummy!