Code of Conduct

Angry Habit Rouge 2008

Okay. For the 3rd day I have the new Habit de Metal(allegedly the same formula) on one wrist and the old formula(2000) on the other. I can honestly say they have done it once again.
    Here are my findings regarding the two EDT versions:
    -HB2008 is slightly weaker on initial application compared to HB2000. You would think it should be the reverse given that it is newer juice
    -HB2008 is now fading quicker and not as long-lasting
    -HB2000 has a distinct iris-like note similar to the one found in Mitsouko - woody and nutty. According to the official Guerlain website dating back to 1998, I do firmly recall them listing one of the ingredients of HR as 'elegant iris'. Well, this note is either missing or has been dampened in the new version
    -Amber and leather notes appearing in HB2008, HB2000 still spicy and woody, ie. basenotes in HB2008 appearing much quicker
    -More vanilla in HB2000

I really noticed the longevity of the new stock earlier today at work when after 2.5hrs, I could no longer detect it on myself. Habit Rouge normally keeps me going all day. You would never have to apply the EDT more than once, especially in winter.
    As I type, the new version is definately fading, compared to the old version. I would say it is now roughly under half the strength compared to my other wrist.
    To sum it up, they might have changed the formula but unless you are a real Habit Rouge fanatic, you are not likely to notice these subtle minor adjustments. Besides, what a handsome bottle Habit de Metal is!

Ciao!

PS. This spritz of new HR is REALLY starting to fade now, after 30minutes of application.

Default Re: Habit Rouge 2008

It's a different version.

Or the old one has just aged? I have not smelled the new version, but you cannot expect the formula of your EDT to remain intact in the 8 years you have had it. Good fragrances should mature for the better.

Go to the official Guerlain website, it lists different ingredients for Habit Metal, such as "Wild Leather". The 2008 Light version is different as well.