Code of Conduct

Default D&G The One for men

Even though this new D&G was one of my most anticipated realeases, I wasn't really impressed with it initially. But after few wearings it started growing on me, so now I definetely like it better than I did before.
    Nothing groundbreaking, but still a very pleasant, mild, fruity-ambery fragrance. Did anyone have similar experience with The One?

Default Re: D&G The One for men

I have tested this one many times and you know what...a lot of people gave me compliments on that one!!! It is really the ONE.
    I love the topnotes

Sur la Plage

I have tried it several times. It is not The One for me.....
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

smells like dunhill london

Sleeper Scent!

I agree with some of you that it definitely grows on you. Found myself turning to it more often than not. Like stewed fruit and tobacco.

Not mindblowing, but not bad at all.

A sleeper scent...even a little addictive!

do they sell it at sephora's or macys? because i was going to at least smell it but havent seen it yet.....
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

Basenotes Institution

I had meaning to post about this...

I was in my locker room getting dressed last week, when all of a sudden someones fragrance filled the air. Usually, I smell extremely boring mens fragrances at my gym (Acqua di Gio, D&G Pour Homme, Brut, Axe body sprays, etc.) so I immediately knew this one was different. I looked over, and the guy was applying The One.

The top notes really do smell great. The only reference point I have is the smell of a really good baked dessert, fresh out of the oven. Sugar, spices, vanilla - it actually made me hungry when I smelled it.

If I remember when I skin tested it earlier in the year, the drydown of TO is pretty banal. But those top notes are quite enchanting. Not enough to get me to buy a bottle, but maybe I'll score a sample of it just for sh*ts and giggles.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 6th August 2008 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I had meaning to post about this...

I was in my locker room getting dressed last week, when all of a sudden someones fragrance filled the air. Usually, I smell extremely boring mens fragrances at my gym (Acqua di Gio, D&G Pour Homme, Brut, Axe body sprays, etc.) so I immediately knew this one was different. I looked over, and the guy was applying The One.

The top notes really do smell great. The only reference point I have is the smell of a really good baked dessert, fresh out of the oven. Sugar, spices, vanilla - it actually made me hungry when I smelled it.

If I remember when I skin tested it earlier in the year, the drydown of TO is pretty banal. But those top notes are quite enchanting. Not enough to get me to buy a bottle, but maybe I'll score a sample of it just for sh*ts and giggles.
    mike i just posted to let you know how amusing i found having you say "buying it just for shits and giggles".
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

I've had the same, unfortunately I have already sold it.

Yesterday at the airport I gave it another try (i didn't buy it) but I liked it a lot more than when I tried it the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by acceptfacts View Post
    do they sell it at sephora's or macys? because i was going to at least smell it but havent seen it yet.....
    In the US it's already available at Saks, Nordstrom and Bloomingdales.

I got a couple samples of this yesterday and it's definitely on my buy list. A true lady pleaser, this one

Yawn! Smells like blue jeans from versace. Nothing special at all. Bring back by! Now that scent rocked

I am boycotting D&G until they bring back By Man.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jordan4486 View Post
    A true lady pleaser, this one
    Absolutely! My wife loves it when I wear it in the evening. Yes - great topnotes, very nice in the middle, but dries down to whatever. Very mild scent. And I found exactly the same thing - I hated it the first time I wore it, but loved it after I stopped being cheap with the application. Spray it on big-time and it actually has faint sillage.

Upon further wearing I find the top notes delightful, warm slightly sweet with a light sparkle then it turns into Body Kouros then it dries down to nothing. A waste of a nice bottle and great fashion name.

Cheers,
    Al

I thought it smelled nice initially but then it didn't sit well. Can't say I would buy the fragrance given the price