Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default My (brothers) Big Fat Polish Wedding

My brother is getting married in Poland in a few weeks and I have the honour of being Best Man I'm just a little unsure of what fragrance I want to wear, I have narrowed it down to Silver Mountain Water or Virgin Island Water. The weather in August is meant to be really nice and hot which makes me think VIW would be really good but it's a big formal Catholic wedding so maybe SMW would be more suitable as it's a bit more reserved and not as fun. If you think both are completely not suitable then just have a look at my wardrobe and see what you think would be.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Sur la Plage

Default Re: My (brothers) Big Fat Polish Wedding

If I were picking between those two, I would go with Silver Mountain Water. Virgin Island Water seems a little too casual for me - not something I would wear to a formal affair.

You could also possibly go with Millesime Imperial.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Congratulations.

My last wedding in a protestant church was livelied up by Floris Santal. You could try something with incense, though, that always works well in a catholic church. I think SMW (great) and VIW (fig) might be more appropriate for the party afterwards.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Off topic but im half polish

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by emes View Post
    Off topic but im half polish
    Awesome! It's going to be an interesting experience for us because we've never been to Poland and my brothers fiance (sp?) says that the traditions are quite different, plus none of her family speak English and our Polish is very limited! That said I'm so looking forward to it.

I agree with the comments that VIW may be a bit too casual, I do have other Creeds (Millisime Imperial, Himalaya and Erolfa) which could be suitable but I do prefer the other two. I might buy another niche fragrance if someone gives me good suggestion, I should be receiving samples of L'Artisans Tea for Two and Patchouli Patch, I may go for those if they are suitable.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

for some reason i feel the Armanis shine on such occasions...