Code of Conduct

Default Kenzo Jungle L'Elephant

Does anyone know this scent?
    I think it is discontinued, but it is the best (female) scent I have EVER smelled
    Can you suggest me some (masculine) other scents I could wear myself that come close to this one?
    Thanks!

Default Kenzo Jungle L'Elephant

Sorry, I don't know if it's allowed to double-post topics (I've also put the same topic in the mens discussion topic) but my question is about a female scent and I absolutely love to get an answer if possible

Does anyone know this scent?
    I think it is discontinued, but it is the best (female) scent I have EVER smelled
    Can you suggest me some (masculine) other scents I could wear myself that come close to this one?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Desmond Hume; 6th August 2008 at 03:27 PM.

Default Re: Kenzo Jungle L'Elephant

Here it is, right off the Kenzo website, fresh from today (which is how I buy my perfumes--no more discount warehouses.)

http://kenzousa.com/index.jp?edge=co...avselect=women

I'd love to smell L'Elephant on a man. There's no reason it shouldn't work perfectly, especially as a fall scent (I admit I stayed away from my bottle all summer long). It's a little hard to find here in the US and I haven't seen it in a b&m store in years, but a few weeks ago I saw L'Elephant at several stores in Paris, including Sephora, so you shouldn't have a problem getting it. The discontinued frag is the other Jungle: Le Tigre. Cute scent but not nearly as unique.

I reviewed both earlier this year:
    http://thenonblonde.blogspot.com/200...lelephant.html

purplebird7, I really didn't know it is so "easy" accessible, normally I only buy fragrances in brick&mortar-stores!
    the non blonde, that's a lovely review you wrote, interesting blog But the "problem" for me is that I don't feel comfortable wearing a scent that is targeted exclusively to females. I know that most people find it OK if a guy wears a girls scent, nah, to me it's a bit weird. For instance, when my friends and I share a room on vacation and there's "a girls fragrance" in the bathroom, my friends would find it funny. Maybe this wasn't a good example but yes.. that's a bit how I feel about it too.

So, can you help me by giving suggestions that are almost the same as L'Elephant but are targeted to men?

Jokke, I think you will be disappointed with something that smells only "nearly the same".
    Buy L´Elephant, decant it into some neutral container, and wear it with joy and pride!

I used to own Jungle L'Elephant and I bought Kenzo Jungle Pour Homme for my husband. If you want something similar then Jungle Pour Homme is a pretty good option. FragranceNet has it and I think they ship to Germany too. The bottle is taller than L'Elephant and it has a little black and white zebra tuft on top of the lid. Perhaps you have tried it already?

can this be found at sephora's?
    "While the king is at his table, my perfume fills the air with its fragrance." SoS 1:12

chaelaran1008, I haven't tried Jungle Pour Homme (yet), because I thought this http://www.basenotes.net/ID26120895.html was completely different

Hi Jokke and welcome to BN.
    I agree with the idea of just buying a little anonymous spray bottle from Muji or somewhere and decanting some fragrance into it. No-one will know what you're wearing if you don't tell them. And we perfume nuts send each other little 'decants' of nice things all the time. I implore you to be brave and just go for it. There are loads of regular guys on the board who wear all kinds of interesting fragrances without worrying whether they're labeled 'pour homme' or 'femme'.

However, I do appreciate that you might need some time to get to grips with this. Maybe you can start light - eau de colognes that are unisex - and work your way up through unisex fragrances and on through the niche ranges that actually don't have genders assigned to them (Lutens springs to mind straightaway, but pretty much all of them are unisex, aren't they?).

I can sympathise with your reticence because my hubby is a lovely and open-minded chap but he's very shy about perfumery. He thinks it's somehow odd for a man to wear anything more complicated than antiperspirant. So good for you for wanting to smell so nice!

To get to my reason for posting: availability. I don't know how close you are to the Swiss border, but here in NE Schweiz I have seen a lot of Kenzo scents available in Import Parfumeries (impo.ch) and in Manor stores. Hope that helps.
    And let us know what you end up choosing - we all learn from each other here!
    Last edited by Wordbird; 6th August 2008 at 10:17 PM.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Hi Jokke, Jungle Pour Homme is not the same as L'Elephant, obviously different notes, and I don't think it is quite as spicy. It is a complimentary scent however, worth a try, and has a similar 'vibe' - warm, spicy oriental. I actually think it is a softer scent than L'Elephant but that's just my opinion. Jungle Pour Homme was great on my husband but he prefers citrus scents now. If you really love L'Elephant then why not wear it? I have a friend who used to say it smelled masculine on me!

I don't know if it's masculine or feminine, but I understand that Etro Raving is almost a dead-ringer for L'Elephant. I've only smelled Raving, not L'Elephant, so I couldn't say.
    http://perfumeshrine.blogspot.com/20...of-anisic.html

You could wear this one it’s very rich and masculine. A blend of deep licorice, woods and amber.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by the non blonde View Post
    I'd love to smell L'Elephant on a man.
    Thanks for the great review, TNB. There's also a review by a male basenoter here. I'm interested in this scent now. I think Kenzo scents are great - Tokyo is a fave.

I would be a bit leery of bringing some well-known feminines on a road trip, but check out this bottle. You could always tell your friends it's called "Elephant Hunter" or "Jungle Jim" or something like that.

Toss the sub-manly box, but keep the bottle out there proudly. See? It's all marketing.

Ooooh, I love L'Elephant! Definitely not discountinued. I think it's a good idea for you to decant it and wear it, nobody has to know, right? ;-)

I own Kenzo Jungle L'Elephant and I have never thought of it as a extremely feminine scent. It is very unique and I could totally see a man wearing this and it smell amazing. If you love it buy it!

Is there really nothing alike or a scent that comes close or reminds you of L'Elephant?
    Last edited by Desmond Hume; 7th August 2008 at 06:04 PM.

I've heard several people say Etro Raving is VERY like Jungle L'Elephant. I consider Jungle L'Elephant unisex in its scent. The bottle is more masculine than feminine in my opinion; so is the name. It's a rather obscure fragrance to the masses and if anyone asks what you're wearing you can just say Kenzo Jungle, or Elephant. I love it myself and think it would be stunning on a man. There's nothing girly about it.

The other fragrances that I would put in the same class as this one are all feminine fragrances, too, but that's only because I'm not as familiar with the masculines.

Equally rich and spicy but much drier is Tauer's L'Air du Desert Marocain.

Thanks for all the advice!
    I only have one last question, are Dolce&Gabbana By Man or Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin alike?
    Last edited by Desmond Hume; 8th August 2008 at 02:52 PM.

Damn, how stupid can I be?!
    By looking at the images of the bottles I realised that it was the TIGER version that I loved on my ex-gf :S
    Last edited by Desmond Hume; 9th August 2008 at 12:49 PM.

This could be a problem because Tiger has been discountinued.
    Maybe someone here will know where you could get it online.