Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Dk Men Is Alive?????

One thing I forgot to mention is that Kevin told me all of the Donna Karan re-releases come in the same size and shape bottle, so they all look like part of a series. I'm sure that helps them to display well.

I think he said it was a round bottle. I know he said that the bottle looked "very nice." Once an ambitious NY area BN'er goes to check it out (hopefully with a camera phone), we'll have a better look for sure.

Sur la Plage

That's great news! I love this stuff!

I wore it all of the time. Then I used to see it in the DK outlet stores - and kick myself for not stocking up on it when I could have. Glad to have it back!
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bront82 View Post
    Someone please take pictures of the new bottle as well ... love to see it. Of course, I scored a small stash last weekend in a little store here in Santa Monica, 4 bottles. Isn't that the way it always is though? Once you finally get enough, they reintroduce it!
    By the way, that's quite impressive. 4 bottles!?!? Are they the little travel sized ones or the normal gear shifter bottle??? I usually see those little .25 oz bottles here and there, usually costing $15 or so. But I've never seen the gear shift bottles for sale anywhere other than on eBay.

If you don't mind me asking, were they expensive?

Basenotes Institution

I'm so happy all of you guys are getting psyched about the re-release - your excitement is infectious.

I must say, I tried Fuel once from a sample and I didn't like it at all. DIfferent strokes for different folks, I guess.

I need a sample of DKNY Fuel...... and I need it NOW!
    (you guys make me crazy)

Quote Originally Posted by atrac View Post
    By the way, that's quite impressive. 4 bottles!?!? Are they the little travel sized ones or the normal gear shifter bottle??? I usually see those little .25 oz bottles here and there, usually costing $15 or so. But I've never seen the gear shift bottles for sale anywhere other than on eBay.

If you don't mind me asking, were they expensive?
    They are the special edition 50ml bottle, like an all black version of the Unleaded bottle, and they were $40 each. I thought it was a good deal ... and I still do. But they just plummeted in value, though they're still very collectible.
    Last edited by bront82; 9th August 2008 at 12:16 AM.
    Oh please, if everyone around here is going to start telling the truth, I'm going to bed. - The House of Yes

Quote Originally Posted by bront82 View Post
    They are the special edition 50ml bottle, like an all black version of the Unleaded bottle, and they were $40 each. I thought it was a good deal ... and I still do. But they just plummeted in value, though they're still very collectible.
    WOW. That's an amazing deal, regardless of the re-launch. I'm quite jealous.

I just found on the net that Harrods is the exclusive carrier of the relaunch in England. So if you're close to Knightsbridge and are a fan of DK Fuel, off you go!
    Last edited by atrac; 9th August 2008 at 08:05 AM.

New DK packaging - series also includes Black Cashmere and the Essences

DK.jpg
    "Oh, my Lolita, I have only words to play with!"
    - Vladimir Nabokov,
    Lolita

cool thanks for the pic ... looks like the original essence bottle, which is very nice and clean. is it just me or does the box look like a l'artisan?
    Oh please, if everyone around here is going to start telling the truth, I'm going to bed. - The House of Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Creek View Post
    New DK packaging - series also includes Black Cashmere and the Essences

DK.jpg

THANK YOU! Not bad really. The original Fuel bottle is my all time favorite bottle as well, so at least it's still not transparent. Who knows if the juice needed extra protection from light or not?

Were you able to test Fuel and if so, can you compare it with the original?
    Last edited by atrac; 9th August 2008 at 06:23 PM.

Has anybody tested it yet? I went to their website and spoke to an online person to see if it would be available online. She said she didn't know.

I have an original bottle of DK Fuel that's probably 95% full. I liken it to a John Varvatos-type fragrance, replacing the vanilla with grapefruit. Pretty good stuff, just a little weird at first.

I won't have my order until Friday, possibly next week. Hopefully someone will have a bottle of the new juice before that. The suspense is killing me.

Default Re: Dk Men Is Alive!!!!!!

FYI, it's now listed on the Bergdorf Goodman website:

http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/store...20045cat285404

Oddly enough, it says it's a pre-order and will ship before 9/01/08.

The other fragrances are listed as well (including Chaos).

Old DK Men bottle looked like a spaceship toy a little kid would play with. I like the new bottle, looks a little like a tube of hair product, but it's sophisticated, simple and classic. Love the font choice and all black bottle.

I'll probably wear the old stuff tomorrow from a sample spray (though it seems flat, probably came from a rancid bottle) and might think about buying a bottle after I hear some reviews.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 12th August 2008 at 10:33 PM.

Hit BG yesterday after work. it's across the street. was told Chaos sold out and i was getting 1 of 2 remaining bottles of Fuel. not sure if i believe them, they are having an advertised multi-day DK event starting tomorrow! they said that a lot of people had been placing phone orders.

i never smelled the original Fuel, but i really like this stuff, especially the very first petrol-y bit!

I just received mine in the post today, a blind buy for me, I was putting a lot of faith into atrac's enthusiasm!

Anyway, the bottle is great, a good solid cylinder. The cap is chunky and solid, great bottle design (sorry, I haven't really worked out how to post pics)

As for the scent, again, never really having smelt the original, I sprayed it lightly on my inner elbow and I am now 2h into wearing it. There is a persistent pineapple note amongst a hint of petrol. It's certainly a unique scent to me, I haven't smelt anything like that before amongst the mainstream brands, not that I have too much experience. Anyway, I like it, and I think it was a good blind buy, will try it out properly tomorrow.

After a week of waiting, I got my DK Fuel today!!!!

I don't think I've ever opened a box faster.

SO! How does it smell??? I've been doing a side by side comparison with my current bottle and it certainly smells the same to me! I don't know how scientific this comparison can be though, since my current bottle must be 10 years old (or more), but I don't really notice any change. If anything, it's a little stronger (due either to this is listed as an EDT vs Cologne of the original one OR because my original is indeed 10 years old!)

One thing is certain -- if someone blindly told me to smell this, I would know for sure that it's Fuel. So my original statement regarding if it was changed but close enough, I'd be happy. So I'm DEFINITELY happy.

But so as to not sound wishy washy on my review, I'm 99.9% sure that it's the same as the original.

And the bottle is very cool! It's got a nice, solid feel to it and it feels like it would make a good weapon. It has a nice weight to it as well.

Fuel is back indeed!!

Sur la Plage

After a week of waiting, I got my DK Fuel today!!!!

I don't think I've ever opened a box faster.

SO! How does it smell??? I've been doing a side by side comparison with my current bottle and it certainly smells the same to me! I don't know how scientific this comparison can be though, since my current bottle must be 10 years old (or more), but I don't really notice any change. If anything, it's a little stronger (due either to this is listed as an EDT vs Cologne of the original one OR because my original is indeed 10 years old!)

One thing is certain -- if someone blindly told me to smell this, I would know for sure that it's Fuel. So my original statement regarding if it was changed but close enough, I'd be happy. So I'm DEFINITELY happy.

But so as to not sound wishy washy on my review, I'm 99.9% sure that it's the same as the original.

And the bottle is very cool! It's got a nice, solid feel to it and it feels like it would make a good weapon. It has a nice weight to it as well.

Fuel is back indeed!!
    Excellent news! Thanks for letting us know.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Fuel is back indeed!!
    Absolutely fabulous! I'm dancing on the table right now

-T-

I am going to wait and not pay $85.00. This will show up at the Estee Lauder outlet store - called "The Cosmetic Store" deeply discounted.

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    I am going to wait and not pay $85.00. This will show up at the Estee Lauder outlet store - called "The Cosmetic Store" deeply discounted.
    Definitely let us know when it does. I'll buy as much as I can!

Banned

I don't think I saw this posted...

These are available on the BG website for pre-order... not shipping til the 1st though. http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/store...at10028&cmCat=
    Last edited by teger; 17th August 2008 at 12:26 AM.

I'm hoping for these to be available here - especially Black Cashmere. I'm well aware of the Fuel cult status here, but I've also learnt that the well loved ones here doesn't necessarily mean it will agree my skin. IMHO.

Chergui - I'm talking to you - anyone interested?

I'm waiting on our company's fragrance buyer to confirm if we'll stock it or not...hoping for some good news

I was browsing around my local mall, and the perfumerie happened to have found an unboxed bottle of Unleaded during a recent clear out! I was so avoiding buying any more fragrances, but I stopped to have a chat with the SA anyway. Having spent so much time browsing BN, I thought it would be positively rude of me to pass this one by. Unfortunately, they refused to budge on the price, so I had to shell out $70 for it. It appears to have a respectable amount of juice left inside it from what I can see through the dark glass, obviously I don't know where the fill line of a new bottle would be.

I'll try and give it a proper testing over the weekend, but initially, top and middle notes are very similar to the re-released Fuel.

OMG!! I live in Norway, and they dont ship international (((

Fuel is the best perfume ever, and its back, and i cant order it.. life is unfair

And again For all dk-fans in europe: www.harrods.com

Ive just ordered it now Im so happy, cant wait

omg they dont ship either DAM

Strange.. They do in Greece. Got 2!