Code of Conduct

Thread: PM Spam / Scam

Default PM Spam / Scam

A few members have notified me that they have received spam pm's in their inbox. Please do not respond to them they are a scam. Copy below for reference. Off to ban member now.

My Dear,

Please do permit me to inform you of my desire of going into long time relatioship and financial transaction for our mutual benefits hence I write with due respect .I am Patricia Barou and I inherited an important sum of money from my late father who died in the last war crisis in Cote d'Ivoire.

I wish to request for your assistance in investing this money in a lucrative venture under your directives and guidiance in your country. I want you to assist me for the transfer of this sum of Three million, five hundred thousand United State Dollars. ($3.500,000) to your account designate hence I will give you the contact of the bank where the money is so that you can contact them immediately and discuss with them since I do not know much about financial issues

I will give you some resonable percentage from the total sum for your assistance while I pray that you do not betray me at last.

From the bottom of my heart, I am willing to offer you 10% of the total fund as a mode of compensation after the transfer for your time and effort with 5% mapped out encase any expense you make on the process of the transfer. All the necessary documents concerning this fund is intact.

Please it is important you contact me immediately for more clarifications on the next step hence it is my wish to relocate to your country as soon as this transaction is concluded as my late father's relatives is after my life due to my inheritance and out of jealousness.

I wait for your urgent response as you are a God sent to me for an assistance.

Thanks and God bless.
    Yours Faithfully,

Miss Patricia Barou.

Next to the bottle of Van Winkle Special Reserve

Default Re: PM Spam / Scam

Wow - does anyone actually fall for this stupid BS anymore? I do love the end of the letter though: you are a God sent to me for an assistance.

Yes, people, I am a God. I am not here for an assistance, however.
    Marge: Do you want your son to become Chief Justice of the Supreme Court or a sleazy male stripper?
    Homer: Can't he be both, like the late Earl Warren?

I just got a pm from this person.
    "While the king is at his table, my perfume fills the air with its fragrance." SoS 1:12

Next to the bottle of Van Winkle Special Reserve

Nosemolester? Wow! That's the best name I've seen in a while!

As for Miss Barou, I say we spray her with Kouros. Well, overspray her, that is.
    Marge: Do you want your son to become Chief Justice of the Supreme Court or a sleazy male stripper?
    Homer: Can't he be both, like the late Earl Warren?

Someone send me the email address, I love having fun with Nigerian scammers.

I used to post on 419baiter.com.
    top ten: L'Air du Desert Marocain, Black Aoud, Le Labo Rose 31, Bois du Portugal, Incense Rose, Millesime Imperial, Czech & Speake no.88, Terre de Hermes, Musc Ravageur, Nasomatto Duro

Best layers: GIT and TdH, GIT and BA

sample wishlist: Roses Musk

Thanks SS!

"Hi Patricia!

I'd like to help you out. I could certainly use the money! Can you send me the details?

Thanks!!!!"

Let's see if she take the bait.
    top ten: L'Air du Desert Marocain, Black Aoud, Le Labo Rose 31, Bois du Portugal, Incense Rose, Millesime Imperial, Czech & Speake no.88, Terre de Hermes, Musc Ravageur, Nasomatto Duro

Dependent

got it too..... such disgrace....
    quite insulting to our intelligence considering the story line.... heh...
    reported it to my local ISP gatekeepers....
    Last edited by MFJ; 8th August 2008 at 05:26 PM.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by dpak View Post
    Nosemolester? Wow! That's the best name I've seen in a while!

As for Miss Barou, I say we spray her with Kouros. Well, overspray her, that is.
    she's offering us some 300+Gs, i think we could drown her in old spice

Quote Originally Posted by thaifighter View Post
    Someone send me the email address, I love having fun with Nigerian scammers.

I used to post on 419baiter.com.
    Thaifighter, that site is very amusing. Though I think they focus too much on West Africans scam artists. Another scambait I liked was the P-p-p-p-powerbook one. (See http://www.zug.com/pranks/powerbook/)

The Game is Afoot!

"Dear,

Thanks for your prompt responds and my heartily greetings to you this day, I am glad for your interest in helping me with the funds transfer and investments in your country, please promise me that you will not betray me when my inheritance funds is transferred into your account. Please it will please me for you to help me in transferring this money, I will be going to the bank to inform them about you, when next you reply I will give you the contact of the bank.

Dearest, I wish to inform you that I am a first year student of Cocody University of Abidjan Cote d'Ivoire before my father died which made it impossible for me to continue my educational carrier here. I lost my mother when I was very young, I didn't even know her. My father didn't remarry again because he loved my mother so much, so I became his only child and he took me so special and did everything for my sake and also deposited the fund in the bank for my sake and for my future.

I would also want to meet with the bank here to request for the transfer to your account as soon as possible. I want you to know that I want to leave here within the shortest possible time because I've been humiliated, harassed, and frustrated by my immediate uncles in their efforts to take over all my late father's wealth, according to African tradition, whereby if a man dies without a son, all his properties will be shared among his brothers that is (my uncles) This is why my father deposited the funds in a fixed/suspense account for further transfer to overseas bank account.

My Dear , my continuous stay here is not in my best interest as my life is not guaranteed here due to the injustice, current political crisis and killing of innocent people in this country. The fund in question is in my name but a mandate was placed on the account by the depositor which is my father. He mandated the bank to transfer the funds to his foreign business partner's account which shall be provided by me, being the next of kin to the deposited funds, This is why I require a good overseas bank account where the funds will be transferred to enable me leave here as soon as possible.

Dear , since my father died, I have been on the run to avoid being kill by the people that killed my father as my father seriously warned me that I should avoid his business friends and his brothers on the event of his death because they are the people behind his sudden death. Right now as I am writing to you I am in a hide out and nobody knows about it except as I am telling you now and I want you to keep it confidential for my security reasons, I must be very careful and precaution should be my watchdog.

My name and address :
    Miss Patricia Barou

Lot 15 Rue des jardins
    Cocody-Abidjan ,
    Cote d'Ivoire , West Africa .

Dear, my late father was a known cocoa merchant in this West Africa sub-region. He was one of the big exporters of cocoa produce in this country. I will appreciate your investment advices as soon as my inheritance funds gets into your account, because I am ignorant of business and investment world, so I will rely mostly on your advice in the investment aspect of this transaction. God bless you.

Please we have to proceed immediately for more identification I will like to see your identity card to enable me open discussions with the bank in regards to the transfer. I want you to understand the need for urgency in this matter; I also want you to provide me with the following information:

1. Your Address

2. Your Age:

3. Your occupation

4 Telephone number

I hope to hear from you so that I will give you the contact of the bank where this money is deposited

Best wishes with Love,

Yours sincerely,

Miss Patricia Barou. "

Quote Originally Posted by moltening View Post
    Thaifighter, that site is very amusing. Though I think they focus too much on West Africans scam artists. Another scambait I liked was the P-p-p-p-powerbook one. (See http://www.zug.com/pranks/powerbook/)
    I was THERE for that one over at SomethingAwful.com

and now for my deft reply...

"Dearest Patricia,

My name is Fooqtardio Thenutsaq. I am 34 years old.

I live in Italy at 35 via omigawdyeradip, Florence, Italy 50132

My phone number is (+39) 055 36911.

I am a Catholic Priest with the Holy Order of our Lady of Fecalmatter. We are an order dedicated to caring for children orphaned by the AIDS virus. This is why I need the money. It will do much good for so many children. You are so very kind to offer me this opportunity.

These children suffer so much horror in their lives and have so little, it is always a blessing when a kind soul like yourself comes along to save them.

Please reply soon, I am anxious to go forward with our business.

Bless you,

Fooqtardio "

the phone number is for the Florence Police Dept.
    Last edited by thaifighter; 8th August 2008 at 07:40 PM.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by thaifighter View Post
    and now for my deft reply...

"Dearest Patricia,

My name is Fooqtardio Thenutsaq. I am 34 years old.

I live in Italy at 35 via omigawdyeradip, Florence, Italy 50132

My phone number is (+39) 055 36911.

I am a Catholic Priest with the Holy Order of our Lady of Fecalmatter. We are an order dedicated to caring for children orphaned by the AIDS virus. This is why I need the money. It will do much good for so many children. You are so very kind to offer me this opportunity.

These children suffer so much horror in their lives and have so little, it is always a blessing when a kind soul like yourself comes along to save them.

Please reply soon, I am anxious to go forward with our business.

Bless you,

Fooqtardio "

the phone number is for the Florence Police Dept.
    lol... hmmm it never occured to me i should play these games with them scammers. Over here we have some really harsh punishment for fraud, hmmm im having some nasty ideas now haha