Code of Conduct

Default Desginer fragrance day

I decided to try the designer fragrances today, take a break from niche.

Pi Neo - fresh invigorating BORING ambery vanilla base that's BORING.

D&G The One - my third try and as they say three strikes and your out. I didn't like Body Kouros but it's a well done version of this scent.

Trussardi Inside - ok if you MUST bite off the citrus amber vanilla woody base with accents of warmth provided by coffee beans DO IT WELL. This is one of those scents that starts off loud then hides from you.

Emporio Armani Diamonds - Surprisingly nice. I mean this threw me for a loop. It has a silky sweetness. The vanilla has a pleasant light sizzle to it. BEST THING I TRIED TODAY!

Davidoff Adventure - An adventure in a nursing home perhaps. A lot of faint woods, transparent spices, with a touch of nothing. My fragrance free deo has more ADVENTURE.

Just Me - I know I know you go to a trash can expect to find trash but I actually liked her first scent for men. Hmmm . . . I was drunk at the time when I tried it at Ulta in LA. I was sober this time though. Just Me can be for just her. I've smelled more pleasant rubbing ointments.

Tommy 10 I have an opinion about all the Tommy scents. I'd wear any of them, none are bad but none make me excited. This has an airy light fabric scent to it. Not bad. But see I wash my clothes I don't spray them to smell washed. Yes, even my Tommy Hilfiger boxers.

Cheers,
    Al

Yep I went over 5 scents but c'mon these were nothing complex.
    Last edited by anak; 8th August 2008 at 01:48 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Desginer fragrance day

Enjoyed this very much. Here are my thoughts...

Pi Neo - It's remarkably similar to Armani Code to me. I do love Code. But I agree - nothing new here.

D&G The One - Hey - three tries is one more than a second chance. You owe nothing more. It just ain't for you. Good for you for giving it three over the plate.

Trussardi Inside - Hmmm. You got me curious. Wary. Very wary. But still curious.

Emporio Armani Diamonds - Well, that's good news. I really want to try this now.

Davidoff Adventure - Yes, this one was a bit light, wasn't it? I liked it a bit better the second time I sprayed it in the store, but no lights went off. I think if I ever bottle, it will be on serious discount.

Just Me - You gave a chance to a scent many would trash without trying. That kind of intellectual honesty deserves applause.

Tommy 10 - I have this as a sample, too. I don't like scents that just smell "clean", either. I have dryer sheets already.

Thanks for the sampling report. I just love these - it's almost as good as being there!

Who is this "Just me" scent by?

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Quote Originally Posted by javagreen View Post
    Who is this "Just me" scent by?
    Paris Hilton

If you are trying designer scents, you should go with Hermes, Chanel , Dior, YSL and Givenchy. It is safer than trying Paris Hilton!!

Seems like you were expecting too much, though in my opinion it looks like the scents you tried aren't very good to begin with.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Enjoyed this very much. Here are my thoughts...

Pi Neo - It's remarkably similar to Armani Code to me. I do love Code. But I agree - nothing new here.

If this is like code, then i must try it, i find code to be over-priced for its lack of longevity power

D&G The One - Hey - three tries is one more than a second chance. You owe nothing more. It just ain't for you. Good for you for giving it three over the plate.

Ive always been disappointed with D&G, do i will pass on this after a disappointed light blue

Trussardi Inside - Hmmm. You got me curious. Wary. Very wary. But still curious.

Clueless to their scents, only have a couple of shirts, but would love to know how it goes, cant seem to find that at any local malls, probably have to hit the boutiques

Emporio Armani Diamonds - Well, that's good news. I really want to try this now.

Me too im waiting for this to hit the local counters.... sheesh another puncture in my wallet...

Davidoff Adventure - Yes, this one was a bit light, wasn't it? I liked it a bit better the second time I sprayed it in the store, but no lights went off. I think if I ever bottle, it will be on serious discount.

Ive only had eyes on cool water, and i think im with you on adventure, ive sampled it at least 7-8 times, but i guess only ewan mcgregor makes it look good

Just Me - You gave a chance to a scent many would trash without trying. That kind of intellectual honesty deserves applause.

i remain unsymphathetic to anything paris hilton

Tommy 10 - I have this as a sample, too. I don't like scents that just smell "clean", either. I have dryer sheets already.

lol.... u never fail to crack me up

Thanks for the sampling report. I just love these - it's almost as good as being there!

am i sensing another blind buy coming up....? lol
    thanks for the review... ive definitely got my eyes on givenchy and armani.... doesnt help that they sound really decent.....