Code of Conduct
o

Default YSL L'Homme vs Valentino V Pour Homme

YSL L'Homme vs Valentino V Pour Homme
    Just a random battle of two scents that possibly want to steal from my wallet. Your opinions?

Default Re: YSL L'Homme vs Valentino V Pour Homme

YSL L'Homme to me this smelled very nice and like a cinnabun... lolz... and Valentino was more like a incense kinda scent which I didn't like...
    Any Knowledge Is Good Knowledge For Me.......

Valentino is a bit more interesting, more like a dull, dry fruit mixed with cloves and tonka. Don't get any incense though. L'Homme is nice but just so. The Bauhaus bottle rocks though.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

I have bought both like a month ago, YSL L'Homme I liked it way more than Valentino V just seems too much vanilla to my taste. I made the error of just blind buying it because of the good reviews on it and it did not work out well for me. If you have a chance to go to the mall and try it out, I would suggest you do that. Good luck.

I've tried both and I think I like both. Nothing too exciting, just nice. They settle down into soft notes, but I think L'Homme outlasts V in longevity. I don't think I get enough life from V. I'll have to try it again to be sure.

The opening of V is one of the best I have encountered, tamarind and pepper and the drydown is also spicy and unusual, L'homme is very shy in comparison but still sweet and elegant.

I can't comment on the YSL frag, but V is one of my first forays into scents. It is a nice and comforting scent I like the tobacco and spice I get from it. In the meantime I have gotten so many good scents, that I rarely visit it anymore.

In fact I visit it rarely enough that if you'd like my bottle, PM me and see what we can work out.
    top ten: L'Air du Desert Marocain, Black Aoud, Le Labo Rose 31, Bois du Portugal, Incense Rose, Millesime Imperial, Czech & Speake no.88, Terre de Hermes, Musc Ravageur, Nasomatto Duro

Best layers: GIT and TdH, GIT and BA

sample wishlist: Roses Musk

I never tried Valentino.
    But for what it's worth: I can't imagine myself being without YSL L'Homme...

L'Homme was suggested to me by a co-worker. She was right, while very sweet smelling it is a great fragrance for clubbing because it is thick and girls love it. Personally I did not care for it but others sure did!