Code of Conduct

Default Thierry Mugler Miroir Miroir (Mirror Mirror) Collection

There are five different scents in this line and at least A Travers Le Miroir is sold as unisex (http://www.sephora.fr/browse/product...ategoryId=C501). Miroir des VanitÚs (Mirror of Vanities) could be another unisex one as it's described as an effervescent woody scent.

Here are the names and a short description of them all (thx to nowsmellthis.blogharbor.com):

A Travers Le Miroir (Through the Looking Glass) - an aromatic floral scent
    Dis-Moi, Miroir (Mirror Image) - a "nurturing" floral
    Miroir des Envies (Mirror of Desires) - an "addictive" floral
    Miroir des Secrets (Mirror of Secrets) - a bittersweet aldehydic
    Miroir des VanitÚs (Mirror of Vanities) - an effervescent woody scent

They are already available at Sephora in Paris and Saks Fifth Avenue in New York. Has anyone tried any of these?

Default Re: Thierry Mugler Miroir Miroir (Mirror Mirror) Collection

I tried these today...they were giving out bracelets infused with the scents, so I can only report on the one I sprayed on for now.

Miroir des Vanites - allegedly the "woodsy" one, but I mostly got a citrus opening, followed by a slightly sweet, vanillic musk.

The obnoxious sales lady kept telling me that they used "only essential oils"...*sigh*.

Will report back after testing the others later.

ps - box is tacky

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Thierry Mugler Miroir Miroir (Mirror Mirror) Collection

I smelled all five of these today at Saks Fifth Avenue - finally! I hadn't seen these anywhere to actually test them, so Sak's must have the exclusive (?).

I smelled all five on cards (which I brought home with me) but only sprayed two on my skin: Miroir des Vanities and Miroir des Envies.

Miroir des Vanities I need to smell again...it's bitter, fizzy orange note does smell like Campari soda (like Turin said in his review in The Guide) and I happen to love that accord. The lingering, almost copy toner smelling drydown was weird, but I liked it. I ordered a decant of this from The Perfumed Court, because I need more of this to try.

Miroir des Envies smells delicious. I got a whiff of dry baking chocolate (think Borneo 1834 by Serge Lutens) with a very warm diffusion of hazelnuts. It smelled like I've opened up the oven door and sniffed a cookie pan. Bits of flour...a very dessert like gourmand that doesn't try to hit you over the head with it's sweetness, but manages to still smell like a gourmet pastry. This is one scent I will definitely test again in the Fall.