Code of Conduct

Default Phishing email through Basenotes

I just got this:

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL!

Dear mamamia,

You have received a new private message at Basenotes Community from barou2008, entitled "From Miss Patricia Barou".

To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:
    http://community.basenotes.net/private.php

This is the message that was sent:
    From Miss Patricia Barou
    Abidjan Cote d’Ivoire

Please, do kindly reply back to me through this my private email address: patriciabarou@yahoo.com for security reasons and also for more details.

My Dear,

Please do permit me to inform you of my desire of going into long time relatioship and financial transaction for our mutual benefits hence I write with due respect .I am Patricia Barou and I inherited an important sum of money from my late father who died in the last war crisis in Cote d'Ivoire.

I wish to request for your assistance in investing this money in a lucrative venture under your directives and guidiance in your country. I want you to assist me for the transfer of this sum of Three million, five hundred thousand United State Dollars. ($3.500,000) to your account designate hence I will give you the contact of the bank where the money is so that you can contact them immediately and discuss with them since I do not know much about financial issues

I will give you some resonable percentage from the total sum for your assistance while I pray that you do not betray me at last.

From the bottom of my heart, I am willing to offer you 10% of the total fund as a mode of compensation after the transfer for your time and effort with 5% mapped out encase any expense you make on the process of the transfer. All the necessary documents concerning this fund is intact.

Please it is important you contact me immediately for more clarifications on the next step hence it is my wish to relocate to your country as soon as this transaction is concluded as my late father's relatives is after my life due to my inheritance and out of jealousness.

I wait for your urgent response as you are a God sent to me for an assistance.

Thanks and God bless.
    Yours Faithfully,

Miss Patricia Barou.

Again, please do not reply to this email. You must go to the following page to reply to this private message:
    http://community.basenotes.net/private.php

All the best,
    Basenotes Community

Default Re: Phishing email through Basenotes

I got this too. No sense in reprinting it, it is the same as above