Code of Conduct

Default Gucci by Gucci & Carlo by Carlo Corinto (a tail of two fragrances)

These two fragrances arrived at my door steps today -

Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme - what can I say this company knows how to package the sizzle. The bottle is heavy in a rich grey and the cap is just as heavy in all shinny metal. A great design attention to detail.

That were it ends for me. For too much was spent on the bottle and the beautiful box but not the fragrance inside the bottle that resides in the box. To me it smells like a horrible copy of Terre d' Hermes & I am not a fan of Terre either. Gucci is sharp almost Tiger Balm/Ben Gay smelling top notes that then settle to citrus woods and incense. After that initial horrible blast the scent then settles down close to the skin for about 3 hours until it is totally gone. This went right back in the box and will be sent back to Gucci ..ASAP.

Carlo by Carlo Corinto comes in a very unique bottle that plays again light and black shadow which I really like. The scent is so warm and cozy for a nice crisp sunny fall day. The scent opens with a very aromatic tarragon note that has a licorice smell to it. You think itís going in the direction of Lolita or Dreamer but the apple note cuts the licorice scent from taking over the opening. The scent then becomes spicy with a clove note that is oh so rich. When you think it going to become too spicy that is when the sweet vanilla amber takes it bow softening the scent and creating a cozy feeling combining with the clove middle notes. Think Chai Tea with cream honey and sprinkle of all spice on a nice fall day. This scent has great staying power and sillage also - itís a keeper!

Well you have it a $20.00 fragrance beats out an $80.00 one!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Gucci by Gucci & Carlo by Carlo Corinto (a tail of two fragrances)

Amen !!
    Carlo by C Corinto can stand alongside many niche scents in qualiy .
    Its as you described scentimus , and I add rich , full and never does it smell synthetic or cloying .
    I wonder how many afficionado's who love the Creeds , the Lutens & Montales have tried this sleeper ? ........ hmmmm .
    Be interesting to hear other opinions too .
    Last edited by Dimitrios; 8th August 2008 at 11:58 PM.

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

I gave the Gucci a full day's wearing yesterday and although I don't think the fragrance itself is all that bad, I have to agree with you on the longevity. And I'm a notorious oversprayer! Guess I should've thought of that before I used nearly 5% of the bottle in one wearing. Can't send it back to Gucci now Anyway, I BARELY got three hours out of it. Sad because I don't think the fragrance is all that bad.

So anyway ... anyone who wants the Gucci cheap, PM me! (it's the smaller 1.7 oz. bottle)

Also, is the Carlo this one? Might be worth a blind buy at $28.
    Last edited by ziffy321; 8th August 2008 at 11:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

yes ziffy thats the one ..... enjoy

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43