Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 179
  1. #31

    Default Re: match a frag to the person above . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    acceptfacts - your list is exactly the way I had you pegged, and exactly the way you come across in your posts, so add extreme honesty to your list!

    You're also the essence of New York in my mind, but different from everso and samplermike and ruggles and the others. You're the sporty, young, heart-of-the-city, Romeo type. You have a kind of calm confidence that is really refreshing. You're not afraid to wear any scent, no matter if it seems feminine, common, or "too light" to your fellow basenoters. More than most of us, you know what you like and aren't afraid to like it. One of my fave scents is thanks to a rec you made, that cut against the grain of my normal scents, or what other people like here.

    I looked at the designer scents that I thought were "you", and you have them all! In particular, Platinum Egoist just jumps off your list. I had to look for some niche that you may not have tried. I think that you could pull off (and would enjoy) many of the lighter unisex scents from The Different Company with style and class, and that you'd have 'em swooning. Not all guys can wear these, but I think you can.

    Sel de Vetiver - just an amazing scent, Burr's "goddess"
    Bergamote - beautiful citrus
    Rose Poivree - a dirty rose on a hot summer night - who can resist?
    Jasmin de Nuit - dirty jasmine on a cool summer night

    Don't know if you've tried them, but if not, the sample pack would let you try them all!
    wow....just wow....

    by the way, i havent tried any of the 4 scents you mention but you better believe that I will test them immediately....this is as personal of recommendation as it gets...=) Thank you so much....

    i am very curious, what did I recommend for you that you ended up enjoying greatly and that went against the grain.....very curious.

    and you are 110% correct....i, seek out scents that stand out and thus fit my personality .... i do consider myself a unique personna and want the fragrances to be fitting my self opinion. So going "against the grain" is something I always look forward to.
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

    My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

  2. #32

    Default Re: match a frag to the person above . . .

    WOW! This sounds great - I should have done this when I first joined

    21 and Male
    Student
    Brown Hair, Brown Eyes, Very Fair Skin, Tall
    Metrosexual; but I don't make it too obvious
    Complex Personality
    I can be sweet, but I also can be ruthless,
    I can be generous but I also can be selfish
    Love expensive items, but always on a b

    Beliefs and Politics:
    Atheist
    Centre-Left
    Politically: Third Way/New Labour
    Don't believe in Consensus
    Conservative Foreign Affairs/Social and Economic Liberal
    Anglophile/Eurosceptic

    Personality:
    Patriotic
    Opinionated
    Intelligent
    Sensitive
    Creative
    Ambitious
    Persuasive
    Passionate about some causes
    Hardworking
    No-nonesense
    Charming
    Good sense of humour
    Love being flirted with
    Sexually Charged
    but the above are not easily noticeable because I'm shy, quiet and unassuming

    Hobbies and Interests:
    Reading
    Writing
    Art
    Theatre
    Politics
    Music
    Literature
    Economics
    History

    Things I value:
    Ideas
    Intelligence
    Hard Work
    Individuality
    A

    * * * * * * * *
    Newbie discovering the wonderful world of perfume

    * * * * * * * *

    Looking for; http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=210771
    and
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=214089

  3. #33

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,135

    Default Re: match a frag to the person above . . .

    I am:

    Male, 35 y/o, brown hair, green eyes, slightly overweight
    a scientist
    extremely liberal politically, centre-left
    intelligent
    atheist
    very Introverted
    gay
    friendly
    have strong opinions about every thing
    hardworking
    sensitive
    obsessive and passionate about things that I am interested in


    I like:
    Cinema
    Classical music (esp. Bach)
    Jazz (Ella and Billie)
    Art from the Renaissance, classical & Neoclassical periods
    Literature
    perfumes
    good food
    Last edited by LuciusVorenus; 10th August 2008 at 12:49 PM.

  4. #34

    Somerville Metro Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Poolesville, MD
    Posts
    4,883
    Blog Entries
    13

    Default Re: match a frag to the person above . . .

    For mlt.perfume my rec is Azzaro pour Homme. For someone who seems to be a straight-shooter a no-nonsense power frag.

    For Lucius Vorenus, as an envelope pusher on the boards it is hard to see you as introverted. Because you have that inner edge that you express here I thought a scent that lets that peek out a bit and so my scent for you is Frederic Malle Noir Epices. A cloud of spice to let the men in the room know that the shy guy has some fire inside.

    I shudder in delight to see what this brings for me:

    48 y/o married research scientist
    I enjoy the sun growing up in FLA and hate the cold.
    I am very liberal
    I have a Genius level IQ but sometimes can't remember how to do the simplest things.
    Very extroverted, I like to say Hi to people on my walk back and forth to work just to see what they'll do.
    I love to watch people and see how they interact.
    Opinionated but very interested to hear opinions 180 degrees different from mine so I can come to understand the differences.
    I am passionate about many things of which here are a few: my wife, my poodles, wine, sci-fi/fantasy in all media, movies.
    I consider myself a Punk as I was in Atlanta for The Sex Pistols first US show and was there for Green Day's coming out party in 94 at Woodstock and The Hatch Shell which was when Punk returned.
    I am constantly in search for the next thing musically and have an external hard drive of 350GB of music of every genre but country-western.

    So there you go give me some suggestions.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

  5. #35
    Mudassir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,608
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: match a frag to the person above . . .

    Somerville Metro Man,
    Based on different aspects you mentioned, how about these three:

    KISS for Him
    Carthusia Uomo
    Comme de Garcons Odeur 53
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

    Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

  6. #36
    Mudassir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,608
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: match a frag to the person above . . .

    Me:
    32 y/o
    politically liberal (if it means accepting others)
    very conservative in my personal sphere
    religious
    atheletic- any sport that involves a ball, I have either played, or will eventually play
    try to read a book a week (philosophy, history, religion, metaphysics)
    Being into fragrances is a family affair- been using them since childhood
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

    Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

  7. #37

    Default Re: match a frag to the person above . . .

    24 yo
    Manage a Pizza Kitchen
    Psychology Degree
    Love all sports
    Love rock/punk rock music
    compassionate
    loyal
    hardworking
    loving
    generous
    introverted til you know me
    6'5 (tall)
    brown hair/blue eyes
    love to smell good
    am myself and no one else

  8. #38

    Default Re: match a frag to the person above . . .

    first thing, that came to my mind was armani attitude

    Me:
    slim, big hair, (picture of me: http://irc-galleria.net/view.php?nick=unikukka_ ) nowdays I am blonde.
    a poet
    poor
    very artistic
    20 years
    passionate about everything thats "colorful"
    beatiful
    hippyish
    compassionate
    sensitive
    talkative
    lost
    vegetarian
    very sexual
    wise

    Im interested in:
    different cultures
    art
    music
    philosophy
    cooking
    travelling
    decorating

    a picture: http://irc-galleria.net/view.php?nick=unikukka_
    Last edited by dreamflower; 10th August 2008 at 11:31 PM.

  9. #39
    silverbullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    St. Petersburg, Florida
    Posts
    4,904
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: match a frag to the person above . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by dreamflower View Post
    first thing, that came to my mind was armani attitude

    Me:
    slim, big hair, (picture of me: http://irc-galleria.net/view.php?nick=unikukka_ ) nowdays I am blonde.
    a poet
    poor
    very artistic
    20 years
    passionate about everything thats "colorful"
    beatiful
    hippyish
    compassionate
    sensitive
    talkative
    lost
    vegetarian
    very sexual
    wise

    Im interested in:
    different cultures
    art
    music
    philosophy
    cooking
    travelling
    decorating

    a picture: http://irc-galleria.net/view.php?nick=unikukka_
    Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb

  10. #40

    Default Re: match a frag to the person above . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by dreamflower View Post
    first thing, that came to my mind was armani attitude

    Me:
    slim, big hair, (picture of me: http://irc-galleria.net/view.php?nick=unikukka_ ) nowdays I am blonde.
    a poet
    poor
    very artistic
    20 years
    passionate about everything thats "colorful"
    beatiful
    hippyish
    compassionate
    sensitive
    talkative
    lost
    vegetarian
    very sexual
    wise

    Im interested in:
    different cultures
    art
    music
    philosophy
    cooking
    travelling
    decorating

    a picture: http://irc-galleria.net/view.php?nick=unikukka_
    Though my knowledge of woman's fragrances are a bit limited, I would feel something incense based would work for you. Some of the Ava Luxe line. Yet, you said colorful too - so I would suggest Creed's Angelique Incens.

    Me...
    Chess Grandmaster
    Professor (Ph.D. in engineering)
    (the above two... don't confuse me to be "nerdy" )
    Quiet in general, but love to laugh with friends. And I laugh loudly!
    Loyal to my friends
    Speak Russian (and variations of other Slavic languages)
    Probably too demanding of others (expecting too much? )
    Enjoy sports cars
    Car and Driver

    I don't keep my desk organized, but I know where everything is!
    Now work for the automotive industry - dealing with fuel economy.
    Last edited by Schachman; 11th August 2008 at 01:27 PM.
    "Faites des bêtises, mais faites les avec enthousiasme !" Colette

  11. #41
    Moderator

    Redneck Perfumisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Spiritually, Kansas
    Posts
    13,379
    Blog Entries
    37

    Default Re: match a frag to the person above . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Schachman View Post
    Though my knowledge of woman's fragrances are a bit limited, I would feel something incense based would work for you. Some of the Ava Luxe line. Yet, you said colorful too - so I would suggest Creed's Angelique Incens.

    Me...
    Chess Grandmaster
    Professor (Ph.D. in engineering)
    (the above two... don't confuse me to be "nerdy" )
    Ex-military (something like military intelligence)
    Quiet in general, but love to laugh with friends. And I laugh loudly!
    Loyal to my friends
    Speak Russian (and variations of other Slavic languages)
    Probably too demanding of others (expecting too much? )
    Enjoy sports cars
    Car and Driver

    I don't keep my desk organized, but I know where everything is!
    Now work for the automotive industry - dealing with fuel economy.
    I see several threads in your life and your wardrobe that give me this dark, smoky, musky, tobacco thing - and several suggestions I based on that were already in your list. You may have tried these ones that weren't, but always give 'em a second chance:

    Burberry London - served with a Clancy novel on the side. I'm a tobacco note fiend, and this is the one for me next. Forgot who recommended it to me, but they were right.

    neil morris Gandhara - you know that weird note in Vintage Tabarome? I think this may almost have it, too. A very rich, exotic scent. Worth sampling.

    Hermès Rocabar - like Terre d'Hermès' gentlemanly uncle. It seems like a fit for your wardrobe.

    Aramis Devin - very classic, with a touch of musk that was my first venture in that direction. You may have tried it long ago, but it's still available.

    Good luck with the auto stuff. We need it.
    * * * *

  12. #42

    Default Re: match a frag to the person above . . .

    well im a gemini! need i say more Dual personality at its best.

    introvert most of the time, extrovert with the right company, creative, day dreamer, stubborn, caring, fun loving and have had lot of beautiful ex's...im one of those lucky ol b's

  13. #43
    Moderator

    Redneck Perfumisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Spiritually, Kansas
    Posts
    13,379
    Blog Entries
    37

    Default Re: match a frag to the person above . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by skyhye0808 View Post
    24 yo
    Manage a Pizza Kitchen
    Psychology Degree
    Love all sports
    Love rock/punk rock music
    compassionate
    loyal
    hardworking
    loving
    generous
    introverted til you know me
    6'5 (tall)
    brown hair/blue eyes
    love to smell good
    am myself and no one else
    sky - you're a young guy who likes modern scents. Even when you go for the niche stuff, you're still going for light, modern scents.

    Polo Explorer is a great light scent that I think is excellent for two things - sports and ladies. It's not loud enough for my taste, but I notice that it stays close until you exercise, move around, etc., and then it's really nice. And loads of women (including my wife) like it. She almost begged me to buy it, but I had my heart set on Platinum Egoiste (which you have).

    Dirty English is another great light scent with a little more complexity. I loved my sample, but it's just not right across the plate for me. A little stronger than Explorer. I think it's got a super middle.

    John Varvatos EdT another light one. A similar scent is D&G the one, which I love. Both of these are nice new scents. the one is a great date scent, especially when things start getting like a cologne ad.

    Creed Virgin Island Water - Definitely give this one a few tries. If they say it's a feminine, don't believe them. Anybody can wear this one.
    * * * *

  14. #44
    bluesoul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Land of green chile, Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    1,821
    Blog Entries
    21

    Default Re: match a frag to the person above . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by skyhye0808 View Post
    24 yo
    Manage a Pizza Kitchen
    Psychology Degree
    Love all sports
    Love rock/punk rock music
    compassionate
    loyal
    hardworking
    loving
    generous
    introverted til you know me
    6'5 (tall)
    brown hair/blue eyes
    love to smell good
    am myself and no one else
    I think it's the pizza that got me initially thinking of Gucci Pour Homme but the more I think of it the more I think it's a good fit. It's masculine, hard-working, rough yet refined simply by being a unique perspective. I think it can do wonders for image. I looked at your wardrobe and it's like nothing you've got, so check it out some time.

    EDIT: Ha, RP and I had similar thoughts. Dirty English is a little more subdued and stylish, Gucci PH is more masculine and raw.

    I think my personality comes across rather effectively through my writing, I'm highly intelligent and share that through teaching others (I am now in studies to become a high school English teacher). I'm 20 years old and am frequently mistaken to be in my late 20s or early 30s. I'm a history buff as well as being a walking sink of trivia; I'm also prone to sarcasm and cynicism, with a love for understated humor. Years of working with the public has given me an extroverted appearance but I'm really rather quiet if left to my own devices. I have random, fleeting obsessions with hobbies and can be rather intense/intimidating to someone that doesn't know me. I love with everything I am, and can become rather enthralled by love; so far it's only lead to being hurt and sometimes it feels that I'm biding my time until I can find somebody to love. I'm also a macro photographer, I find great beauty in small details and this also leads to a meticulous (obsessive-compulsive?) attention to detail in my various projects.

    A poetic soul in a prosaic city, wanting nothing more than to educate and to love, and to be loved.
    Last edited by bluesoul; 11th August 2008 at 03:09 AM.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

  15. #45
    Dependent
    Aiona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,965
    Blog Entries
    32

    Default Re: match a frag to the person above . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by mudassir View Post
    Me:
    32 y/o
    politically liberal (if it means accepting others)
    very conservative in my personal sphere
    religious
    atheletic- any sport that involves a ball, I have either played, or will eventually play
    try to read a book a week (philosophy, history, religion, metaphysics)
    Being into fragrances is a family affair- been using them since childhood
    I haven't been exposed to enough marketed-for-men fragrances, but you might want to try Halston Z-14 (especially if you like Yatagan). It's not too offensive (if personal sphere conservatism is important). I have a mini I can send you.

  16. #46
    Mudassir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,608
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: match a frag to the person above . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Aiona View Post
    I haven't been exposed to enough marketed-for-men fragrances, but you might want to try Halston Z-14 (especially if you like Yatagan). It's not too offensive (if personal sphere conservatism is important). I have a mini I can send you.

    Thanks Aiona! Halston would be a throw back to college days. I wore Halston, Aspen, Grey Flannel and Aramis New West all through college. Thats all I could afford!
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

    Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

  17. #47
    Moderator

    Redneck Perfumisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Spiritually, Kansas
    Posts
    13,379
    Blog Entries
    37

    Default Re: match a frag to the person above . . .

    Jenson - you're a toughie, but it's a fun case. I'm workin' on it! Same with a couple of you others.

    MetroMan - I really wanted Givenchy Pi Neo to be good, because that 4-D matrix concept would be right up your alley. Unfortunately, I'm one of the minority who like it. I was also thinking Armani Code, because I'm positive you're one of the handful of guys here who would get excited talking about crypto. Again, no go - Code is a dead ringer for Pi Neo. Or Pi Neo for Code. Whatever. So Scratch that. We've been skunked on obvious ment-scents. And I don't know any others right off hand.

    But I've got something for you on the punk angle. CK Crave. A youth scent, with outrageously synthetic citrus. Discontinued, it's almost like vintage punk. Find the ad with the precious sneer - it says it all. It's like, slam it on, go back in time, and check out the Ramones, or better yet, my fave Ramones tribute band, the Japanese chick power trio, Shonen Knife. You want a decant of this outrageous crap? You got it!!!
    Last edited by Redneck Perfumisto; 11th August 2008 at 03:30 AM. Reason: can't can't count count words words
    * * * *

  18. #48
    Moderator

    Redneck Perfumisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Spiritually, Kansas
    Posts
    13,379
    Blog Entries
    37

    Default Re: match a frag to the person above . . .

    mudassir - have you sampled the neil morris line? Lots of very strong scents that might be up your alley. You seem to like scents with a lot of character. Burnt Amber, Gotham, and the new one, Prowl, are all in range for guys who like scents that scare off people who don't really like fragrance. They're all very dynamic scents, which make the power a bit more tolerable.
    * * * *

  19. #49

    Default Re: match a frag to the person above . . .

    Dimitri: CDG Jaisalmer

    Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    Me: Boyish, Awkward, Shy, Innocent, Reserved, Artistic, Loves Music, Not into the Norm, Analytical, Freedom Loving, Balanced, Laid-Back & Dirty.
    somethin tht is not niche ST Dupont Noir

    Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet View Post
    Hmmm..I'm thinking Michael Germaine Sexual

    Me:
    Humorous
    Sarcastic
    Generous
    55 y/o
    Tenacious
    Spiritual
    Average Intelligence
    Fun Loving
    Gregarious
    Scorpio
    Reserved/ Shy (sometimes)
    Enjoy women (now don't be crude)
    Sensitive to others
    Protective
    Ego Maniac

    Ha..lots of luck my friends

    Warning: No Yatagon
    Boss Selections!

    Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Lol !

    Hey, Guy's, it's far too easy, don't forget the second column with all your bad habits, defaults, etc.
    Aoud Flowers for this mysterious lady.

    Quote Originally Posted by everso View Post
    my description:
    sinister
    cynically optimistic
    arrogant
    confident
    rock and roll
    introverted
    extroverted
    loud
    bold
    secure
    insecure
    Heeley Spirit of the tiger

    Quote Originally Posted by moltening View Post
    As for myself:
    20 years old male.
    Jack of all trades, master of none
    Sleek, but not metro.
    Black hair. Brown eyes. Fair complexion.
    A mix of Thai-Chinese-Vietnamese-Japanese. (please don't ask how that happened)
    Plays the Saxophone, Guitar, and Piano in addition to singing
    Listens to (too many things: Indie Rock, Post-Rock, Math Rock, Garage, Baroque, Shoegaze, Electronica, Alternative, Folk, Lofi, Pop, Britpop, etc)

    Agnostic, and Spiritual
    A Good Speaker
    Creative
    Artistic
    Loves Freedom (Not the Tommy Hilfinger creation)
    Generous
    Confident
    Humble (but with a hint of being a megalomaniac somewhere in there)
    Enjoys Women
    Sensitive to Others, Open to Opinions and Criticisms
    Protective
    Carefree and Laidback
    Can Be Pretentious If Asked To
    Reliable, But Loves Procrastination
    Lazy, but Hardworking When Necessary
    Ambitious
    Sleeps way too much
    Clumsy

    Loves cats, dogs, and pets
    Loves money $$$$
    Loves both listening to and making music
    Loves cars
    Loves fragrances (doh)
    Loves tea, coffee, and Japanese food

    Yellow lights mean go faster.
    Live life to the fullest.
    You only live once.
    Shiseido Basala

    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    poor/rich
    smart/dumb
    sexy/repressed
    crude/refined
    skier/snowboarder
    agro/metro
    friendly/tactless
    introvert/extrovert
    conservative/liberal
    sane/crazy

    Not sure that's of any use, but maybe there's some kind of scent for that. Even just aromatherapy.
    Montale - white musk for your dual personality

    Quote Originally Posted by acceptfacts View Post
    hmmm...

    super egotistical
    highly intelligent
    outspoken to a fault
    witty/sarcastic
    very openminded
    sexual and sexually charged
    comfortable and confident at the same time
    super egotistical
    well groomed
    LV Alamut


    Quote Originally Posted by bluesoul View Post
    I think it's the pizza that got me initially thinking of Gucci Pour Homme but the more I think of it the more I think it's a good fit. It's masculine, hard-working, rough yet refined simply by being a unique perspective. I think it can do wonders for image. I looked at your wardrobe and it's like nothing you've got, so check it out some time.

    EDIT: Ha, RP and I had similar thoughts. Dirty English is a little more subdued and stylish, Gucci PH is more masculine and raw.

    I think my personality comes across rather effectively through my writing, I'm highly intelligent and share that through teaching others (I am now in studies to become a high school English teacher). I'm 20 years old and am frequently mistaken to be in my late 20s or early 30s. I'm a history buff as well as being a walking sink of trivia; I'm also prone to sarcasm and cynicism, with a love for understated humor. Years of working with the public has given me an extroverted appearance but I'm really rather quiet if left to my own devices. I have random, fleeting obsessions with hobbies and can be rather intense/intimidating to someone that doesn't know me. I love with everything I am, and can become rather enthralled by love; so far it's only lead to being hurt and sometimes it feels that I'm biding my time until I can find somebody to love. I'm also a macro photographer, I find great beauty in small details and this also leads to a meticulous (obsessive-compulsive?) attention to detail in my various projects.

    A poetic soul in a prosaic city, wanting nothing more than to educate and to love, and to be loved.
    By Kilian - Cruel intentions
    Last edited by jenson; 11th August 2008 at 03:52 AM.

  20. #50
    Mudassir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,608
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: match a frag to the person above . . .

    Thanks RP! Burnt Amber and Gandhara have been on my to buy list. I havent had any experience with Prowl or Gotham. Will try them out. Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    mudassir - have you sampled the neil morris line? Lots of very strong scents that might be up your alley. You seem to like scents with a lot of character. Burnt Amber, Gotham, and the new one, Prowl, are all in range for guys who like scents that scare off people who don't really like fragrance. They're all very dynamic scents, which make the power a bit more tolerable.
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

    Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

  21. #51

    Somerville Metro Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Poolesville, MD
    Posts
    4,883
    Blog Entries
    13

    Default Re: match a frag to the person above . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by mudassir View Post
    Somerville Metro Man,
    Based on different aspects you mentioned, how about these three:

    KISS for Him
    Carthusia Uomo
    Comme de Garcons Odeur 53

    You definitely are correct about Carthusia Uomo it is definitely one of my very favorites.
    CdG Odeur 53 and 71 are both ones I've been interested in and I'll have to move them up the list.
    KISS for Him I might have to buy the next time I see it at TJMaxx/Marshall's just to see.

    Thanks for taking the time to do this.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

  22. #52

    Somerville Metro Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Poolesville, MD
    Posts
    4,883
    Blog Entries
    13

    Default Re: match a frag to the person above . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    MetroMan - I really wanted Givenchy Pi Neo to be good, because that 4-D matrix concept would be right up your alley. Unfortunately, I'm one of the minority who like it. I was also thinking Armani Code, because I'm positive you're one of the handful of guys here who would get excited talking about crypto. Again, no go - Code is a dead ringer for Pi Neo. Or Pi Neo for Code. Whatever. So Scratch that. We've been skunked on obvious ment-scents. And I don't know any others right off hand.

    But I've got something for you on the punk angle. CK Crave. A youth scent, with outrageously synthetic citrus. Discontinued, it's almost like vintage punk. Find the ad with the precious sneer - it says it all. It's like, slam it on, go back in time, and check out the Ramones, or better yet, my fave Ramones tribute band, the Japanese chick power trio, Shonen Knife. You want a decant of this outrageous crap? You got it!!!
    Big fan of Japanese Chick rock, we'll have to trade notes in another thread.
    I tried Pi Neo and it was pretty weak on me.
    Armani Code is a good one on me and I have a mini of it and wear it and like it, occasionally.
    CK Crave I have a sample of as a pack-in from FragranceX or FragranceNet. Now I'm going to dig it out and give it a shot.
    Thanks for taking the time to come up with these.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

  23. #53

    Default Re: match a frag to the person above . . .

    SommerVilleMM, i think you might like SOLO Loewe, or Portos (not the Aramis; the Balenciaga one)

    Cheers

  24. #54

    Default Re: match a frag to the person above . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Here are a few suggestions :

    Le Dix - Balenciaga
    L'Air du Temps - Nina Ricci
    Mûre et Musc - L'Artisan Parfumeur
    Fleurs d'Oranger - Serge Lutens
    I have a sample of the bolded and will try it tomorrow.
    "While the king is at his table, my perfume fills the air with its fragrance." SoS 1:12

  25. #55

    Default Re: match a frag to the person above . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    nosemolester - your list makes me think immediately of the Chanel "Chance" girl - and the time I smelled Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche. I remember smelling it in the store and going "Wow! This is kinda like the product image!" Nice legs, hair in the air, jumping for joy! Woo-hoo!
    Adding this to my shoping list. (can't wait to try it). Looks like I am going to have to get a P/T job due to this thread alone.
    "While the king is at his table, my perfume fills the air with its fragrance." SoS 1:12

  26. #56

    Default Re: match a frag to the person above . . .

    Hell I'll try this, since acceptfacts had the cojones to put up a pic, I'll do the same

    26
    Student/work in a pharmacy
    Dark/gallows sense of humor
    Sarcastic
    Blunt
    I come across as cold/distant until you get to know me
    Cynical 90% of the time (it's the 10% of time that I'm not that I get in trouble)
    Contrary to what the photo shows, normally very well dressed
    Tall and skinny. Not even going to try for 'lean' here
    Intelligent
    Well read
    Very curious



    Ok what should I be wearing?

  27. #57
    DustB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    9,210

    Default Re: match a frag to the person above . . .

    Shalashaska, you should be wearing Van Clef & Arpels Pour Homme.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

  28. #58

    Default Re: match a frag to the person above . . .

    Redneck and Jensen,

    Maybe you guys need to set up your own perfume site: send in a photo with description of personality, etc., we match you up with some frags. A perfume dating site, so to speak.

    I'm not going to list my description and traits because I have all the frags I need for now and I know what suits me best, anyway. (pompous, practical, and doesn't play well with others)

  29. #59

    Default Re: match a frag to the person above . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by seattlelight View Post
    Redneck and Jensen,

    Maybe you guys need to set up your own perfume site: send in a photo with description of personality, etc., we match you up with some frags. A perfume dating site, so to speak.

    I'm not going to list my description and traits because I have all the frags I need for now and I know what suits me best, anyway. (pompous, practical, and doesn't play well with others)
    Cute.
    IDK alot about perfumes but I would say Vivianne Westwood Boudoir.
    "While the king is at his table, my perfume fills the air with its fragrance." SoS 1:12

  30. #60

    Default Re: match a frag to the person above . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by nosemolester View Post
    Cute.
    IDK alot about perfumes but I would say Vivianne Westwood Boudoir.

    LOL. I've always been curious about that one and never tried it; now I need to purchase a sample.

Similar Threads

  1. House Referendum -- Yves Saint Laurent
    By DustB in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 24th November 2008, 11:26 PM
  2. Whose More Into Frag -- men or woman?
    By scentinell in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 7th June 2007, 05:41 PM
  3. Female frag that's not floral or citrusy?
    By Bleakhaus in forum Just Starting Out
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 24th August 2006, 02:05 AM
  4. Mix 'n' Match (or decluttering yo' dro')
    By MisterK in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 22nd August 2006, 03:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000