Code of Conduct

Thumbs up Kenzo Power launch!

Notes:
    Bergamot, coriander, cardamom, rock rose, jasmine, freesia, tolu balsam (Orris), violet, iris, labdanum, cedar wood.

Perfumist: Olivier Polge.

Concerning about the previous fiasco launches of my favourite Japanese perfume branch, I was kind of a "scared soul" regarding of what I was going to get with this new perfume for the male, but I can only say now, after giving it a try, that could be easily, the male version of “Flower by Kenzo”, and I have a feeling that it will become quite successful in the market, as it has been the above mentioned version for the ladies.

We know that Kenzo always has been fond of flowers and that is why he has based his latest fragrance for men on their image.
    He has envisioned the abstract flower: a wild tulip and the idea of how it could smell like, (something that he already tried with the poppy in "Flower", before).

"Power" doesn't actually smells massively flowery, (at start) as it just has the enough amount of a vague balanced dose of flowery smell that make it appealing.

It start dark and greenly spicy-aromatic with burst of coriander, cardamom and bergamot.
    But it quickly lays in pieces into a balsamic, even musky character yet oddly flowery.

The juice mostly show true colors and goes deep and hypnotic, linear with the presence of the tolu balsam and the jasmin. In fact all is a reminiscent of a mineral-slightly powdery-ambery-floral scent.
    Rather unusual for a male perfume. I like it.

The violet then comes more alive; a vivid, dark, velvety note accompanied with the labdanum plus a powdery iris root, (that instantly reminds you the “Dior Homme” iris accord). I can detect the soft rock rose floating ghostly around in a shy background.

I find the overall composition very appealing, and rather cheerfully "conceptual" regarding other mainstream men's perfume releases.

In the dry down the scent loses a little the powdery accords but the iris and violet remain as the main notes with the addiction of an ambery note, enjoyable, warm woody, with the cedar and labadnum, although the whole juice remains dark aroamtic still.
    I can detect a soft effervescent cola-like notemaybe is the freesia note blended with the cedar wood). Highly pleasant.

The final result is an impressive odd floral fragrance, being rather dark herbal- flowery than a clean wood scent that you could expect.

My impression is a long lasting deja vú of other flower for man colognes. Tak the best of preciosu launches and you get the result.

It has strong resembles of the successful “Dior Homme”, with the same powdery iris, the “L'eau Bleue” deep-resinous-aroamtic accents, the abstarct flowery notes like "Farhenheit32"..

“Kenzo Power”, brings back the excitement of the old time house references, nostalgia of well blended previous peculiar scents like the original “Kenzo Homme” or “Jungle”, and, at the same time follows the new trend generation of floral for man.
    Despiste the name, the whole fragrance has a very soft accent. It develops as a very soft yet noticeable muted fragrance, with its own character.

The long lasting is terrific and it has a distinctive yet quiet projection.
    A must have for dark scents fans.

The juice comes on sales in 20 August in an Eau de Toilette spray 60 ml or 175ml.
    Last edited by madridbatabidd; 23rd February 2009 at 03:45 PM.
    Read my perfume reviews at: http://perfumenoparatodos.blogspot.com/

Digital art portfolio: www.dreamlandpostcards.com

Blog Entries

Default Re: Kenzo Power launch!

Well, you've got me interested. I actually like - (OK, let's be honest) - love Tokyo, despite popular opinion to the contrary. I had a great time sniffing Flower in duty-free one afternoon, but could not get the wife interested, so I'm quite happy to hear somebody say this one's not a stinker. Particularly after the lukewarm reaction to Givency's latest (and I'm being a bit charitable there), it's nice to hear that somebody did one right.

I liked this review as well as yours.

Thanks!

And I second that interest. I've been an avid fan of Kenzo fragrances right from the beginning. Pour Homme, Jungle, L'eau, Peace, Tokyo, I have them all and am anxiously, no feverishly, awaiting Power.

Thanks for the nice review - at last a Basenoter has commented on this highly anticipated jewel from the Kenzo line-up....

This is one that I'm waiting to sample......I also want to sample the new Gucci....and I will by Emporio Diamonds for Men without a doubt.
    Gary

Cool Re: Kenzo Power launch!

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Well, you've got me interested. I actually like - (OK, let's be honest) - love Tokyo, despite popular opinion to the contrary. I had a great time sniffing Flower in duty-free one afternoon, but could not get the wife interested, so I'm quite happy to hear somebody say this one's not a stinker. Particularly after the lukewarm reaction to Givency's latest (and I'm being a bit charitable there), it's nice to hear that somebody did one right.

I liked this review as well as yours.

Thanks!

Don't get me wrong I actually love the whole "Tokyo" gingery, green and bubblely, but won't last more than 3 hours.
    I'm Kenzo's fan number one since the beginning (my first perfume ever was Kenzo Homme) and I love it.
    I have been addicted to "Jungle" for years too, and I'm quite dissapointed that is out of stock.
    Then "tokyo"put me off, regarding previous launches.. Now, "Power" is another charpter. It's like come back to the origins.
    And I do love it, even I know it tends to noon apply.
    I do enjoy "Flower" too, in fact I use the summer fresh version frequently, I'm proud to admit it.
    thanks for the link, didn't saw the review.
    Thanks god for that: I'm not the only one that gets cola and violet notes!!!. I though I was getting loopy!!!.
    Thanks again.
    Luis

Red face Re: Kenzo Power launch!

Quote Originally Posted by mariodefior View Post
    And I second that interest. I've been an avid fan of Kenzo fragrances right from the beginning. Pour Homme, Jungle, L'eau, Peace, Tokyo, I have them all and am anxiously, no feverishly, awaiting Power.

Thanks for the nice review - at last a Basenoter has commented on this highly anticipated jewel from the Kenzo line-up....
    It's quite rare to find reviews from Kenzo in the community, all is centered in the typical branches, specially Creed.
    I do love japanese market, they have a fab ideology about perfumery.
    I'm addicted to kenzo, Miyake and CDG, my top perfume companies.
    If you are fan of Original Kenzo and Jungle, you'll love this one inmensely!

In fact, madridbatabid, Power was released here in Canada last Wednesday. I had called to find out about its release date on Tuesday and the SA didn't have a clue about Power only for it to be released the next day.

Well, AWESOME!!!!! Totally unprecedented. Like Dior Homme but drier, sweatier. If it opens with beautiful orange tangy freshness like the The One, unlike TO it morphs totally into a powdery, leathery, spent firecraker type smell (a tad raunchy to boot) and ends in a crescendo of very musky hot notes. Vanilla lovers best abstain!

Best I've tried this year, along with Perry Ellis which I also found quite compelling.
    Last edited by mariodefior; 11th August 2008 at 01:01 AM.

Mario!
    Where? Holt Renfrew? The Bay? Sephora?
    Do tell.
    TX

Yup! I tried it today at The Bay in Ottawa (Bayshore) and it's pleasant, good projection, and very handsome packaging. But I don't think it'll be known as a 'power'house as it does stick to the basic Kenzo format subtlety.

Default Kenzo Power: At last, umami in fragrance

Far be it from me to craft an assessment of this delectable juice but I suppose it's important to bear in mind the "nose" behind it. Indeed, Olivier Polge (son of Jacques, creator of Egoiste and pretty well the entire Chanel line) is, most notably, responsible for both Dior Homme and The One for Men (D&G).

Surprisingly enough, Power (which I've indulged in since Sunday last) combines a luscious, fruity opening of marmelade with an almost immediate back-up of that now famous carrot-root iris Dior Homme is known for.

KP powders up quickly, like freshly applied talcum powder, yet takes a very quirky turn in the road: the powder fritters out and transforms into an utterly joyful experience called ....UMAMI.

Yes, umami in fragrance. A neutral point: not too sweet, not too spicy, not too green, not too fruity, not too flowery...just...well...perfectly balanced. There's even a yeasty bread-like note that is truly comforting, like freshly baked whole grain muffins.

All in all, a delightful olfactory experience. Soft, caressing, like a veil of scent.

Pls comment when you try. This one is very nice - not a huge projector though. More personal than "in your face".

By the way, the bottle is nothing short of AWESOME, unlike anything I own. Hefty yet oh-so-trim. Kenzo at his most zen, I think.

Mario
    Last edited by mariodefior; 15th August 2008 at 04:37 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Kenzo Power: At last, umami in fragrance

Far be it from me to craft an assessment of this delectable juice but I suppose it's important to bear in mind the "nose" behind it. Indeed, Olivier Polge (son of Jacques, creator of Egoiste and pretty well the entire Chanel line) is, most notably, responsible for both Dior Homme and The One for Men (D&G).

Surprisingly enough, Power (which I've indulged in since Sunday last) combines a luscious, fruity opening of marmelade with an almost immediate back-up of that now famous carrot-root iris Dior Homme is known for.

KP powders up quickly, like freshly applied talcum powder, yet takes a very quirky turn in the road: the powder fritters out and transforms into an utterly joyful experience called ....UMAMI.

Yes, umami in fragrance. A neutral point: not too sweet, not too spicy, not too green, not too fruity, not too flowery...just...well...perfectly balanced. There's even a yeasty bread-like note that is truly comforting, like freshly baked whole grain muffins.

All in all, a delightful olfactory experience. Soft, caressing, like a veil of scent.

Pls comment when you try. This one is very nice - not a huge projector though. More personal than "in your face".

By the way, the bottle is nothing short of AWESOME, unlike anything I own. Hefty yet oh-so-trim. Kenzo at his most zen, I think.

Mario
    I just read the wikipedia article on umami, and I am fascinated. I guess I'll just have to go out and smell me some Keno Power!
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Wow!

This certainly sounds worth of testing!

Basenotes Institution

When I was at an exhibit here in Miami, at a local botanical garden, the greenhouse had an umami plant and there was a poster describing the fragrant plant, fruit, etc - which was not in bloom. I had no idea it was used in perfumery.

The powdery description you mentioned above is scary to me, but I will definitely try KP when I see it. Hopefully Sephora will have it.

As I mentioned before, when I was in Europe, I saw it already on the shelves in a duty free shop and I forgot to test it.

In fact, madridbatabid, Power was released here in Canada last Wednesday. I had called to find out about its release date on Tuesday and the SA didn't have a clue about Power only for it to be released the next day.

Well, AWESOME!!!!! Totally unprecedented. Like Dior Homme but drier, sweatier. If it opens with beautiful orange tangy freshness like the The One, unlike TO it morphs totally into a powdery, leathery, spent firecraker type smell (a tad raunchy to boot) and ends in a crescendo of very musky hot notes. Vanilla lovers best abstain!

Best I've tried this year, along with Perry Ellis which I also found quite compelling.
    Yep, I sniffed it on my way to relocate to Bangkok, in dusserldolf airpot, as it wasn't available in Spain yet, (how strange).
    I love it, it just very well balanced, an poetry piece of art.

Hefty yet oh-so-trim. Kenzo at his most zen, I think.

Mario
    Totally agree, I can understand now that I live in Asia.
    I probably would move forward beyond and I could classify it as "Haiku", regarding poetry, photography, art.
    A terrific piece of art, that, really represents the opposite of its name, as is a calm, zen, mysterious, intimate, pagan, seductive, inner fragrance.

I sampled this one and was pleasantly suprised.

This fragrance was being unpacked out of the boxes today when I passed through our local department store. Of course I asked if there was a tester handy, and was fortunate enough to give it a spritz (and receive a few samples) before next weeks official launch.

I was VERY surprised! In fact, it is probably one of the better mainstream releases that Ive enjoyed this year. It deviates from the Kenzo norm as far as their men's line goes... Ive always found their other releases too fruity/airy and lack-lustre - until Power broke the mould. It is both dusty in a "Dior Homme" orris kind of way, yet also luminous in a Mugler "Alien" kind of way also. It opens with a nice citrusy spicy topnote, which spirals into this beautiful luminous floral. Kenzo Power succeeded where Gaultier's Fleur de Male falls short. Where FDM is a bit musty, KP is bright and sharp... a floral for men that shouldnt be shied away from.
    Now, some 3 or so hours afer application, Im enjoying warm amber accords and leathery/woody notes similar to those in Trussardi Inside man.

All in all, this is definitely bottle-worthy in my book. As far as an interesting men's floral is concerned, this one trumps many others on the mainstream market. And gents, lets not fool ourselves - if this was bottled and launched as a Lutens or C&S release, we BNers would probably be buying it hand over fist
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 21st August 2008 at 03:43 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    This fragrance was being unpacked out of the boxes today when I passed through our local department store. Of course I asked if there was a tester handy, and was fortunate enough to give it a spritz (and receive a few samples) before next weeks official launch.

I was VERY surprised! In fact, it is probably one of the better mainstream releases that Ive enjoyed this year. It deviates from the Kenzo norm as far as their men's line goes... Ive always found their other releases too fruity/airy and lack-lustre - until Power broke the mould. It is both dusty in a "Dior Homme" orris kind of way, yet also luminous in a Mugler "Alien" kind of way also. It opens with a nice citrusy spicy topnote, which spirals into this beautiful luminous floral. Kenzo Power succeeded where Gaultier's Fleur de Male falls short. Where FDM is a bit musty, KP is bright and sharp... a floral for men that shouldnt be shied away from.
    Now, some 3 or so hours afer application, Im enjoying warm amber accords and leathery/woody notes similar to those in Trussardi Inside man.

All in all, this is definitely bottle-worthy in my book. As far as an interesting men's floral is concerned, this one trumps many others on the mainstream market. And gents, lets not fool ourselves - if this was bottled and launched as a Lutens or C&S release, we BNers would probably be buying it hand over fist
    Good news Dimitri. I am glad I am not the only one who's been mostly disappointed with Kenzo's mens scents (although I thought Kenzo Air was kinda neat when I smelled it at Illum).

We need more florals for men, that aren't afraid to be bright and sharp. I was wearing Saville Row by Richard James a couple days ago after a shower, and I thought to myself: Men need more floral scents to be released! Nice to see Kenzo was reading my mind.

Is the bottle as stunning in person, as it is in the photos?
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 21st August 2008 at 10:01 PM.

I saw Kenzo Power at the South Coast Plaza Bloomingdale's a few days ago (it's also on the Bloomingdale's website)... I didn't get a chance to sniff it, though.
    Top 5 for Late Summer:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Aventus - Creed
    3) Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    4) L'Humaniste - Frapin
    5) Millesime Imperial - Creed

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

I did try this some days ago, and I am somewhat underwhelmed. It is much like the original Allure Homme but without the tonka excess. Not bad, and certainly not as quiet as Dior Homme Sport which is in the same camp, but all in all it is just too bright for me. The notes made me expect something a bit darker, more complex and less casual than what it actually is. It doesn't trump Brit (with which it shares many notes according to the directory) when it comes to citrus & cream. Still, not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Good news Dimitri. I am glad I am not the only one who's been mostly disappointed with Kenzo's mens scents (although I thought Kenzo Air was kinda neat when I smelled it at Illum).

We need more florals for men, that aren't afraid to be bright and sharp. I was wearing Saville Row by Richard James a couple days ago after a shower, and I thought to myself: Men need more floral scents to be released! Nice to see Kenzo was reading my mind.

Is the bottle as stunning in person, as it is in the photos?
    Hi Mike, yes it is every bit as stunning in reality as it is in the press pics
    I am going in to Illum tomorrow on one of my rare visits to the capital and I THINK I will be walking away with the 125ml.

Blog Entries

Well - the race is on. Which will be first - your full review on the blog, or my sampling? At this very moment I plot my trip to the mall tomorrow! Being a fan of the Kenzo line, this perfumer's other scents, and florals for men, I'm really looking forward to something special. And yes - I'm fully prepared to walk off with a bottle if I like it!

I have tested Kenzo Power yesterday...I received a little tester...the spicy-citrus note disappear in 10 minutes. It reminds me of Dior Homme EDT...a lot of flower in the heart...and a smooth amber note at the end. I have to test it again...a lot of flowers what I get...since yet not my cup of tea...I think if you love Dior homme you would love this too...it last very long.

Basenotes Institution

I caved under pressure and bought some samples of Power online tonight. This sounds promising!

Am I the only one who thinks the name sounds a little silly saying to someone? 'You smell great! What are you wearing?', they ask. 'Power!', I reply.

WTF? It's like that song by Snap! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z33tH-JdPDg

Last edited by mikeperez23; 24th August 2008 at 01:01 AM.

I caved under pressure and bought some samples of Power online tonight. This sounds promising!

Am I the only one who thinks the name sounds a little silly saying to someone? 'You smell great! What are you wearing?', they ask. 'Power!', I reply.

WTF? It's like that song by Snap! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z33tH-JdPDg

I'll definitely be saying that I'm wearing Kenzo Power. Just sounds better. And of course, that's only if people notice and ask

I do.

Cheers,
    Al

Tried this today FINALLY. I'll give it a day as I was rushing through stores today with a friend checking out clothes. But on first impressions I like it. Serene floral mist slowly transforms into a bright (NOT loud) amber glow that fades not away but into a mellow presence. I feared this would be like Allure, or Lauder Intuition, Vera Wang, Lacoste (in the grey bottle), or any of the amber vanillic scents of the last decade but it is not.
    Last edited by anak; 24th August 2008 at 04:20 AM.

Am I the only one who thinks the name sounds a little silly saying to someone? 'You smell great! What are you wearing?', they ask. 'Power!', I reply
    No, you´re not the only one. I think it sounds silly, too!

Women: "Flower" (which makes sense in a way, because the frag is flowery..)
    Men: "Power" (which doesn´t make sense, because it´s a very sweet and synthetic-smelling and flowery as well)

BTW - a typical gender stereotype: Women need "Flower", men need "Power" - a hundred years of emancipation without success!

I did end up walking home with the 125ml yesterday. If the fine scent itself wasn't enough, the sleek curves and heavy weight of the beautiful flacon in my hand won me over!

My folks have just gone home (been staying with us for a week), and the place here looks like a chinese brothel on half-price day, so after I do a major clean today, I'll post a review on my blog

Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 24th August 2008 at 01:56 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by sables View Post
    BTW - a typical gender stereotype: Women need "Flower", men need "Power" - a hundred years of emancipation without success!
    LOL

I did end up walking home with the 125ml yesterday. If the fine scent itself wasn't enough, the sleek curves and heavy weight of the beautiful flacon in my hand won me over!

My folks have just gone home (been staying with us for a week), and the place here looks like a chinese brothel on half-price day, so after I do a major clean, I'll post a review on my blog
    LOL - looking forward to your review D.

Review online as well as video from the Kenzo Power media launch in Japan.
    (Just follow the link to my blog in my siggy)

tried it yesterday at Dubai Airport duty free ... to my nose it is a blurred virsion of Dior Fahernhite 32, or a watered down version of Krizia of the 90's .. it is a pouder with a dash of citruss ... this what i get ??
    it might be good, for hot working environment or a humid public place.. where you want to please ur nose & don't want to hurt the other noses at the same time.

I've been waiting and waiting for this scent to appear on my shores, and to me, while nice, I don't smell notes that the composition boasts. I was expecting a little more texture. It's rather linear too.

What couldn't escape me was thinking that Les Nez Polge were both playing with the similar theme of bright citrus notes with flowery nuances and a powdery and woody base. Jacques with Allure Edition Blanche and Olivier with KenzoPower.

I was ready to pick up KenzoPower but the sharp citrus and florals kept holding me back and thinking twice about it. I asked the SA for a sample so I could analyze it further on several more trials.

I'd say Fahrenheit 32 smells a lot more interesting to me, and for the life of me I don't know where Dior Homme comes into play with any similarity to this one since DH smells more rooty than powdery when it comes to the iris. If anything, I'd say it smells more kin to Dior Homme Sport.
    Last edited by iMaverick; 8th October 2008 at 07:37 AM.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

I am a bit surprised that no one seems to have made the Flower Power connection. A humorous blinking with the left eye that at least I enjoy.

My experience is that Kenzo Power actually is a more flowered up Dior Homme. It's fresher and has an aura of happiness. Dior Homme is more toned down making it able to incapsulate some moody feelings as well. It's about how you feel at the moment really, and I am personally glad to have these two choices.
    "- Harry, I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange."

Look around at the reviews on the net, you will find Flower/Power connections.
    What I don't see is the Dior Homme - Kenzo Power connection. Flowery both, agreed, but the Bulgari Thé Rouge version - yes, sometimes I felt that they are quite similar. But Dior never came to my mind.
    Of course, maybe I'm wrong.

I can confirm that it is very long lasting , Ive been wearing it since this morning and it still smells amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Look around at the reviews on the net, you will find Flower/Power connections.
    What I don't see is the Dior Homme - Kenzo Power connection. Flowery both, agreed, but the Bulgari Thé Rouge version - yes, sometimes I felt that they are quite similar. But Dior never came to my mind.
    Of course, maybe I'm wrong.
    I don't think you can ever be wrong. It's about reference frames and how well your nose is trained to distinguish nuances. For example, I have smelled about four fragrances total with, what I belive is, distinct iris notes, DH being one of them. Naturally my palette doesn't contain the most colours. Perhaps my nose is clouded because I draw references to Iris Nobile as well, which contains both iris (DH) and ylang ylang (KP). It's a funny thing this, really.
    Last edited by Noalick; 8th October 2008 at 05:58 PM.
    "- Harry, I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange."

Kenzo Power is currently advertised in Australia in a big way (full page spreads in Mens Health). The packaging is stunning! The information provided by my fellow basenoters has really tickled my fancy:-) Thanks to all for your valuable contributions especially madridbatabidd for starting this thread.
    Dimitri I was unable to find your review of it in your blog which I'd love to read...
    Thanks, Jim
    Last edited by jathanas; 8th October 2008 at 11:26 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by jathanas View Post
    Dimitri I was unable to find your review of it in your blog which I'd love to read...
    Thanks, Jim
    Dimitri's review of it is here: http://sorceryofscent.blogspot.com/2...nzo-power.html

My review of it, on Perfume Shrine, is here: http://perfumeshrine.blogspot.com/20...ce-review.html

Thanks Mike!

Thanks Jim, and Mike for posting the link

gee this sounds good, so many notes I respond to.
    must sample.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41 View Post
    gee this sounds good, so many notes I respond to.
    must sample.
    I think Power would smell great on a woman (like Dior Homme does).

I think Power would smell great on a woman (like Dior Homme does).
    Agreed...I think it's definitely unisex!

Second testing today for me. Smelled better because I didn't spray as much this time so the florals were discernable and the notes weren't so high pitched and sharp. What's disappointing to me is that it's rather linear and there aren't any specific notes that reel me into buying a bottle. Pleasant, comforting, but sadly innocuous.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Power is perhaps the best release this year. But, I feel if Dior would slap a Dior Homme EdC label on this I'd be happier.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

I haven't spent more than just a couple hours with this on and the most alluring part of the experience for me is the opening, where a lot of sour citrus and some cedary spice hit my nostrils, quite forcefully. My mind started scrolling for what this sensation reminded me of, and, I thought initially of Bigarade Concentree. When the sour (in a good way, and I realize that this may be contributing to the impression of 'citrus), watery floral elements became more prominent, I wasn't as enthused and I was forced to wash my hands (not because i didn't like the fragrance of course) so i didn't get to get to the end. I was actually caught thinking, "It's a shame these things cost so much because if my wish list weren't so long already, I'd probably buy this as a friendly, bright, citrusy no-brainer." On me, the citrusy/bright floral elements were most prominent thoughout the experience. Mind you this is a very rough, initial impression. I wish I had a sample to retry it and shore up my impressions.
    Last edited by nthny; 12th November 2008 at 02:40 PM.