Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Kenzo Power launch!

Review online as well as video from the Kenzo Power media launch in Japan.
    (Just follow the link to my blog in my siggy)

tried it yesterday at Dubai Airport duty free ... to my nose it is a blurred virsion of Dior Fahernhite 32, or a watered down version of Krizia of the 90's .. it is a pouder with a dash of citruss ... this what i get ??
    it might be good, for hot working environment or a humid public place.. where you want to please ur nose & don't want to hurt the other noses at the same time.

I've been waiting and waiting for this scent to appear on my shores, and to me, while nice, I don't smell notes that the composition boasts. I was expecting a little more texture. It's rather linear too.

What couldn't escape me was thinking that Les Nez Polge were both playing with the similar theme of bright citrus notes with flowery nuances and a powdery and woody base. Jacques with Allure Edition Blanche and Olivier with KenzoPower.

I was ready to pick up KenzoPower but the sharp citrus and florals kept holding me back and thinking twice about it. I asked the SA for a sample so I could analyze it further on several more trials.

I'd say Fahrenheit 32 smells a lot more interesting to me, and for the life of me I don't know where Dior Homme comes into play with any similarity to this one since DH smells more rooty than powdery when it comes to the iris. If anything, I'd say it smells more kin to Dior Homme Sport.
    Last edited by iMaverick; 8th October 2008 at 07:37 AM.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

I am a bit surprised that no one seems to have made the Flower Power connection. A humorous blinking with the left eye that at least I enjoy.

My experience is that Kenzo Power actually is a more flowered up Dior Homme. It's fresher and has an aura of happiness. Dior Homme is more toned down making it able to incapsulate some moody feelings as well. It's about how you feel at the moment really, and I am personally glad to have these two choices.
    "- Harry, I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange."

Look around at the reviews on the net, you will find Flower/Power connections.
    What I don't see is the Dior Homme - Kenzo Power connection. Flowery both, agreed, but the Bulgari Thé Rouge version - yes, sometimes I felt that they are quite similar. But Dior never came to my mind.
    Of course, maybe I'm wrong.

I can confirm that it is very long lasting , Ive been wearing it since this morning and it still smells amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Look around at the reviews on the net, you will find Flower/Power connections.
    What I don't see is the Dior Homme - Kenzo Power connection. Flowery both, agreed, but the Bulgari Thé Rouge version - yes, sometimes I felt that they are quite similar. But Dior never came to my mind.
    Of course, maybe I'm wrong.
    I don't think you can ever be wrong. It's about reference frames and how well your nose is trained to distinguish nuances. For example, I have smelled about four fragrances total with, what I belive is, distinct iris notes, DH being one of them. Naturally my palette doesn't contain the most colours. Perhaps my nose is clouded because I draw references to Iris Nobile as well, which contains both iris (DH) and ylang ylang (KP). It's a funny thing this, really.
    Last edited by Noalick; 8th October 2008 at 05:58 PM.
    "- Harry, I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange."

Kenzo Power is currently advertised in Australia in a big way (full page spreads in Mens Health). The packaging is stunning! The information provided by my fellow basenoters has really tickled my fancy:-) Thanks to all for your valuable contributions especially madridbatabidd for starting this thread.
    Dimitri I was unable to find your review of it in your blog which I'd love to read...
    Thanks, Jim
    Last edited by jathanas; 8th October 2008 at 11:26 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by jathanas View Post
    Dimitri I was unable to find your review of it in your blog which I'd love to read...
    Thanks, Jim
    Dimitri's review of it is here: http://sorceryofscent.blogspot.com/2...nzo-power.html

My review of it, on Perfume Shrine, is here: http://perfumeshrine.blogspot.com/20...ce-review.html
    Currently wearing: Shalimar by Guerlain

Thanks Mike!

Thanks Jim, and Mike for posting the link

gee this sounds good, so many notes I respond to.
    must sample.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41 View Post
    gee this sounds good, so many notes I respond to.
    must sample.
    I think Power would smell great on a woman (like Dior Homme does).
    Currently wearing: Shalimar by Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I think Power would smell great on a woman (like Dior Homme does).
    Agreed...I think it's definitely unisex!

Second testing today for me. Smelled better because I didn't spray as much this time so the florals were discernable and the notes weren't so high pitched and sharp. What's disappointing to me is that it's rather linear and there aren't any specific notes that reel me into buying a bottle. Pleasant, comforting, but sadly innocuous.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Power is perhaps the best release this year. But, I feel if Dior would slap a Dior Homme EdC label on this I'd be happier.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

I haven't spent more than just a couple hours with this on and the most alluring part of the experience for me is the opening, where a lot of sour citrus and some cedary spice hit my nostrils, quite forcefully. My mind started scrolling for what this sensation reminded me of, and, I thought initially of Bigarade Concentree. When the sour (in a good way, and I realize that this may be contributing to the impression of 'citrus), watery floral elements became more prominent, I wasn't as enthused and I was forced to wash my hands (not because i didn't like the fragrance of course) so i didn't get to get to the end. I was actually caught thinking, "It's a shame these things cost so much because if my wish list weren't so long already, I'd probably buy this as a friendly, bright, citrusy no-brainer." On me, the citrusy/bright floral elements were most prominent thoughout the experience. Mind you this is a very rough, initial impression. I wish I had a sample to retry it and shore up my impressions.
    Last edited by nthny; 12th November 2008 at 02:40 PM.