Code of Conduct

Default Quasar and Quasar Adventure

Hey guys

I'm interested in hearing opinions about Quasar and Quasar adventure. These Fragrances seem cheap and have some favorable reviews . However, because it's obscure , the reviews might be favorable to those who like hte cologne.

how are these? is it worth to get two?

Default Re: Quasar and Quasar Adventure

thanks. How about the quasar adventure? is that good? has anybody tried it?

Red face Re: Quasar and Quasar Adventure

Quasar:

Notes of yuzu, watermelon, water molecules, banana, lavender, rosemary, clary sage, may rose, geranium flower, cedar wood, sandalwood, patchouli, musk.

Another outstanding creation from the Jesús del Pozo crew.

It's the most realistic aquatic creation I've ever raised. You can basicly feel it like dewdrops. I don't know how to explain it really.

Start as a cold shower. There is something floating on It, frozen, as cold as a snow flake. It's very zesty with the yuzu japanese fruit followed with touch of light sage and gorgeous dewdrop rose petals. The banana accord reign as a heart note, but still that wet touch, ( It's like a banana shake with crushed ice),a fantastic aquatic quality finish, indeed. No lavander,nor rosemary or metallic geranium can be detected.

I'm able to sniff later some ghostly patchouli and sandalwood.
    The formula turns into something more warm, but you still smelling roses and wet bananas.

The long lasting is impressive. It remain in my flesh up to 8 hours. The projection is monster.

Quasar Adventure;
    Notes: Japanese Yuzu, Chinese Kumquat, Brazilian Rain Tree, Kharismai.
    Tropical Heart, Lavender, Sage, Living Bombay Gin, Geranium Leaves.
    Fig wood, Jacaranda, Cedarwood, Oakmoss, Flax Seed Oil, Musk.

A variation of the original Jesus Del Pozo’s “Quasar”.
    It’s an aromatic fresh fougere fragrance.
    Sharing the aquatic character with its predecesor "Adventure" shows a green soft soul, that centers the heat of the juice in fig notes, aquatic notes and gin notes.

“Adventure”opens quite a bit exotic, but rather subtle and happily enjoyable green that citrus, with a prolongation of a dewy-nearly- aquatic aura around it, and a blend rich asian fruits.
    The complexity comes on the heart of the scent where a fantastic green fig note with a effervescent yet dry gin tonic accord emerges (synthetic Bombay gin), bringing, actually, a closest olfactory idea of the aquatic.
    You’ll detect geranium leaves and the glorious earthy notes, that has reminiscents of wet compost.
    I, also, can detect a soft seaweed note that remains from the start to the end in the entire composition, guessing that it comes from the blending of jacaranda and the sage.
    A shy lavender appears in the background and a soft woody echo comes in action.
    The dry down comes to end in a great mixture of precious woods and resinous, raising even more the unique exotic green aura that embraces the pyramid, and gratefully the original fruity top notes share path in here and become more noticeable.

The whole perfume is as simple and genuine despite its own complexity.

Quasar Adventure is a very fine fragrance that deserves more attention that it gets.

Hope that helps:
    basicly both share aquatic character being the adventure less aquatic and more fougere and green.
    Read my perfume reviews at: http://perfumenoparatodos.blogspot.com/

Digital art portfolio: www.dreamlandpostcards.com

wow, thanks for the description. do you find the fragrance to be strong? as in not subtle?
    Last edited by Blowe46; 9th August 2008 at 05:37 PM.

Quazar has a strong rosemary opening, but it lasts and drydown is pretty good

I recently just got both of these fragrance (30 dollars with shipping on ebay) and I must say that they're really good fragrances given the price.

The banana peel is quite a nice change of pace compared to the old fashioned banana scents.

The longevity is refreshing but I found the original to be better.

One thing for sure with everything ever made by J del Pozo is that any of them could be your signature scent for years, perhaps a lifetime and you'd never come across anyone else wearing your scent of the day. If you like the Quasars you should go ahead and buy On El and experience his take on apple.
    Last edited by noirwest; 3rd September 2008 at 10:42 PM. Reason: grammar

thanks for the advice. I appreciate it . The only problem is finding samples for these fragrances! maybe it's not worth and just do a blind buy. do you know where to get samples?

I purchased Quasar today, and I love it. I agree with madridbatabidd's assessment that this fragrance has a "frozen" effect. It reminds me of a frozen banana dessert. But it is SO much more than just that. It is also grassy/green (clary sage?) I definitely key in on the sandalwood & musk (I've been wearing Quasar about 2 hours), but the banana has remained throughout. The fragrance smells very natural, nothing detectably synthetic. (I realize synethetics have their place, but I just don't smell them here.)

Different from other fruity scents, such as Escada Sunset Heat (I like that one, too.) The banana note in Quasar makes it a little more unique, but it does not stand buy itself. The cedar & sandal add depth.

A keeper.

Thanks madridbatabidd. I've liked everything you have recommended.
    Snarky is as snarky does.

it's a great fragrance! Have you tried the adventure. I've yet to wait that. I just bought On El -- what should i expect?

Quote Originally Posted by Blowe46 View Post
    it's a great fragrance! Have you tried the adventure. I've yet to wait that. I just bought On El -- what should i expect?
    I personally have no experience with Quasar Adventure. But it's on my "to sample" list. Maybe later in the month. Right now, I've spent too much money on frags!

Quote Originally Posted by bossanova_boy View Post
    I personally have no experience with Quasar Adventure. But it's on my "to sample" list. Maybe later in the month. Right now, I've spent too much money on frags!
    I hear you. Have you thought about on el?

Quote Originally Posted by Blowe46 View Post
    Have you thought about on el?

I tried this awhile back in a small, local perfumery. They are currently selling it very inexpensively. I remember liking the scent, but I think there was a longevity issue.

If I decide to try it, it's a small investment as I think they were only asking $12-$15 US dollars for the large size bottle.
    Last edited by Bossa Nova; 6th September 2008 at 05:22 PM.

Yeah, the bottles are cheap. I liked the sweet smell of it , and think it's well worth the money. The obscurity of the scent makes it even more appealing because fewer people are likely to wear the same fragrance

I recall The Bark himself like El? I never got around to trying it for I was so taken away with Quasar as a weird scent.

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    I recall The Bark himself like El? I never got around to trying it for I was so taken away with Quasar as a weird scent.
    Quasar is weird but that's what makes it clever. I dont' think it's repulsively weird either. It's just "what was that? It smells nice but it's nothing I can pinpoint".