Code of Conduct

Default workout fragrance

Hey guys

I just used Adidas' urban spice and found that it works quite well during a workout? is that the main goal of the Adidas scents? is there anything like that out there -- geared towards a workout?

Default Re: workout fragrance

Kouros Cologne Sport is great before or after a workout.

Dependent

i usually use a dash of Clinique Happy when i work out

Blog Entries

sweat. shower...then fragrance IMO.

I like the Adidas ones because they are cheap, but smell nice after working out but before a shower. Yes admittedly a shower right after a workout is ideal but sometimes not easy given if I'm out doing sports and going for a drink right after,
    Last edited by Blowe46; 9th August 2008 at 05:13 PM.

Frags get too cloying during a workout.

If i ever wear a frag when working out its 4711

Sometimes I stop at Bond 09 on my way to the gym and try out something new. I love the way certain scents, especially orientals, mix with sweat. Yes, that's me on the eliptical machine smelling like Jerri Hall.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 10th August 2008 at 03:50 PM.

Smile Re: workout fragrance

Chanel Antaeus sprayed lightly on the chest before hitting the gym smells wonderful after I have worked out hard. ..This scent mixed with hard earned sweat really does get the ladies temperatures rising.. (And the guys..with my experience.. Shame thats not my game)

Kouros does the same as well.. Oh and Boss no 1
    Last edited by deck89; 9th August 2008 at 11:55 PM.

.................................................. ...................I'm gonna memorize your name.. and then i'm gonna throw my head away!!........:bounce:.............

Quote Originally Posted by samplermike View Post
    Kouros Cologne Sport is great before or after a workout.
    I meant to post this yesterday, but two nights ago I went to the gym and got hit with deja vu. I walked into the locker room-- nobody was in there, but it smelled exactly like Kouros Cologne Sport. I have no idea why and I don't know if it was good or bad. I don't know if it was Kouros Cologne Sport or a combo of things, but it smelled just like it.

I prefer to save the scent for after the work-out and post work-out shower.

Just please don't be like the guy who got onto the treadmill next to me the other day. I was on mile 9 and he comes on with what must have been 8 or so sprays of Euphoria. The sillage was extreme as he stepped onto the treadmill, two miles later he had started sweating profusely and I was choking on the taste of Euphoria. Horrid!

Axe. I don't really see the point of using quality stuff when going to a workout.

Haha. ::gasp:: Taboo word.
    Last edited by maverickmage; 9th August 2008 at 11:34 PM.

Since I wear scent every day , even to order takeout, i have nothing against a well chosen fragrance for teh gym. For me I have two: Guerlain's figue iris or roget et gallet gigembre.. when these scents mixes with the salt in sweat they are subtle reminders that working hard is a state of mind and physical activity.
    Last edited by memechose; 10th August 2008 at 01:09 AM.

salam malekon senior ..
    Another member from Abu Dhabi !!
    welcome
    How is the weather their today ?

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Wa Alaykom Asalam...

the weather is nice as always. how does everyone find the Adidas colognes?

The best workout scent wouldd have to be for me nautica voyage! Smells so damn good as u sweat! Loves it awesome fragrance

I like to use Polo Blue; fresh, light and stays close to the body.

Not overly expensive either...............
    "I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

I am strongly against men wearing fragrances when they work out. Just my two cents. Its one of the only environments that I think should be fragrance free. If I'm working out hard I just don't need to be smelling someone's fragrance, however nice I might think it is outside the gym. But hey, each to their own. I generally go to the gym and work out with a bunch of sweaty guys, none of whom I'm trying to impress. If folks are wearing too much fragrance they get heckled there, and rightly so in my opinion.

I do understand that this is a cultural thing. I went to work out at a gym in Florida for a couple weeks while on business there and was blown away by all the posing. The girls all wore too much make-up and the guys all wore too much fragrance. It was weird to me.

-Slim
    Haikus are easy
    But do not always make sense
    Refrigerator

And here (just search for Slim):
    http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/current-splits

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    Sometimes I stop at Bond 09 on my way to the gym and try out something new. I love the way certain scents, especially orientals, mix with sweat. Yes, that's me on the eliptical machine smelling like Jerri Hall.
    You workout at CRUNCH don't you???? LoL!

Cheers,
    Al

Oh and I only found Michael by Michael Jordan to be good during workouts. I know its a such an obvious answer but I really don't dig scents when I'm trying to pump iron. And I want to beat down the fool with the Le Male overdose who walks in the gym and suffocates me.
    Last edited by anak; 10th August 2008 at 07:45 PM.

You have a valid point and agree to a certain degree. However, I'm talking about instances where it would not be possible to shower. I am thinking it's better than BO

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickins View Post
    I am strongly against men wearing fragrances when they work out. If I'm working out hard I just don't need to be smelling someone's fragrance.
    Ha! You wouldn't want to stand near me then. I actually plan what fragrance to wear when I go to the gym. I make sure that it's strong enough so that I can smell it during my workout. Not only for my own pleasure but to help drown out the stench of the many stinkers whose nasty BO can be smelled from several meters away.
    For swap/sale: Dior Leather Oud, Pure Malt, Floris Vetiver, Vintage Tiffany, Charriol Royal Leather, Dior Homme; Dior Homme Intense, Chanel PMC, M7 gel, Roma (women's), Spicebomb, Trussardi Uomo, Obsession, others...
    http://tiny.cc/rd8ptw
    (swaps)
    http://tinyurl.com/a7qoley
    (sales)

hahaha. i never thought of it as a protective mechanism.

No No No No No.

You'll be wanting mirrors next.

Around here one seldom picks up any pleasant smell from guys, straight or gay, at gym. Often I wonder why the women can smell so good, whereas the men don't bother. It's great to hit oneself on the arm with some outrageous fragrance before gym, work up a serious sweat on the treadmill or wherever and experience how that scent breaks down. Sometimes really dry perfumes reveal shockingly interesting secrets under such conditions.

I often wonder why we are so quick to tell others that they can't wear a shot of fragrance to the gym...yet we grin and bear the fact that half of the people there have BO that can be detected better than my shot of fragrance. What the hell?

I have no patience for people that stink of BO at the gym...why is DISCRETELY applied fragrance not ok in a gym full of sweat, but acceptable at the opera, movies, mall, dinner...also places of close quarters.

I would rather smell a whiff of Aqua di Gio at the gym rather than the sh*t I have to tolerate daily because others are too lazy to wash their a**.
    Last edited by Jock_With_Scents; 12th August 2008 at 06:20 PM.

What gym do you guys work out at????? My gym is full of muscleheads, even the women have 24'' pythons but I rarely catch a whiff of BO. At worse someone goes nuts with the AXE or Le Male but no BO.

Cheers,
    Al

Quote Originally Posted by anak View Post
    What gym do you guys work out at????? My gym is full of muscleheads, even the women have 24'' pythons but I rarely catch a whiff of BO. At worse someone goes nuts with the AXE or Le Male but no BO.

Cheers,
    Al
    Are muscleheads and droided women supposed to have more BO than others? I learn something new everyday.

At my gym, it is no stereotype...I am really surprised sometimes at who the culprits are.
    I think there is a general attitude at gyms that scent is 'not cool or is weak'. Strong men smell of sweat only kind of attitude. Those same tough guys are the ones in full gym drag (tights, boots, tank tops), and staring way too long at me as I am getting dressed.
    Last edited by Jock_With_Scents; 12th August 2008 at 06:38 PM.

I work out at home, I have a huge elliptical workout machine in my bedroom. So I workout watching TV shows or reading a book, or... wearing fragrances and smelling them during my workout.

For me, "best workout fragrance" would be to simply pour 4 of them on different parts of my arms, and smelling them every minute or so during my workout. Works well when you are sampling stuff, so I usually apply 4 perfume samples about 3-4 hours before a workout. By then, they have mostly vanished, but your sweat brings them back to life.

I would say that CB I hate Perfume's fragrances are especially good for workouts, they have so far tended to stay the longest during sweaty, 40+ minute cardio workouts.

Blog Entries

I usually don't apply frags before the gym, but my body heat usually kicks up my SOTD again when I workout. If my SOTD happens to be something light like Mugler Cologne, CK be, or Clean Men I may give myself a couple extra spritzes before going to the gym.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickins View Post
    I am strongly against men wearing fragrances when they work out

Agreed. Before the gym I always wash my neck and wrist to remove any scent i was wearing during the day. I think the gym is one place were it is better to smell bad than smell good. Not that smelling super bad is that great though
    Last edited by jeffpoos; 12th August 2008 at 07:56 PM.

I don't put anything on before the gym...usually whatever I sprayed on that morning makes it's way back. After the gym, I spray on Eau de Cartier because it's light.

I honestly can't stand people who wear fragrance at the gym that is easily detectable when they are on a machine next to me (5 feet away at least.) Just because they aren't bothered by their cloud of scent while walking comfortably at 3mph on the treadmill and reading Reader's Digest doesn't mean they shouldn't have some consideration for those who are training hard and need nothing more than as much oxygen as they can possibly get with each breath.

I'm not saying people shouldn't wear something discreetly, so that only they can smell it, but the gym is a place where people should be especially careful not to over apply. Well, that's true of any place where you'll be in close quarters with others when they can't easily move (such as while on cardio equipment.)
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 12th August 2008 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffpoos View Post
    Agreed. Before the gym I always wash my neck and wrist to remove any scent i was wearing during the day. I think the gym is one place were it is better to smell bad than smell good. Not that smelling super bad is that great though
    ?Why is the gym the one place where it is better to smell bad than smell good? Please explain. Am I missing something?
    I have worked out all my life. My dad was a high school football coach, and I played college baseball. I work out 5 days a week (cardio/lifting weights). I was a manager for my dad's football team until I was old enough to play myself. Yea, I get the whole gym/masculinity/beat the chest thing, but I would argue there is NO public place where it is acceptable to smell bad rather than good. Well, maybe a gay leather bar where they get into that sort of thing. I don't want to smell BO from other people, it is just as offensive as too much fragrance.
    Last edited by Jock_With_Scents; 12th August 2008 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jock_With_Scents View Post
    ?Why is the gym the one place where it is better to smell bad than smell good? Please explain. Am I missing something?
    I have worked out all my life. My dad was a high school football coach, and I played college baseball. I work out 5 days a week (cardio/lifting weights). I was a manager for my dad's football team until I was old enough to play myself. Yea, I get the whole gym/masculinity/beat the chest thing, but I would argue there is NO public place where it is acceptable to smell bad rather than good.
    Sorry. Maybe that wasnt worded the best way. Was just my way of saying i dont wear a fragrance. Ive seen first hand people get ripped on because they are over dressed and have fragrance on. I think the girls who over primp themselve is similar. Its the gym. Im not saying you should reek like ass but geez we all smell from time to time
    Last edited by jeffpoos; 12th August 2008 at 08:15 PM.

I have worked out all my life. My dad was a high school football coach, and I played college baseball. I work out 5 days a week (cardio/lifting weights). I was a manager for my dad's football team until I was old enough to play myself. Yea, I get the whole gym/masculinity/beat the chest thing, but I would argue there is NO public place where it is acceptable to smell bad rather than good. Well, maybe a gay leather bar where they get into that sort of thing. I don't want to smell BO from other people, it is just as offensive as too much fragrance.
    Well, why do people need to smell at all? A quick shower before a workout and any sweat that accumulates will be a clean sweat.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffpoos View Post
    Sorry was just my way of saying i dont wear a fragrance. Ive seen first hand people get ripped on because they are over dressed and have fragrance on. I think the girls who over primp themselve is similar. Its the gym. Im not saying you should reek like ass but geez we all smell from time to time
    I think I understand where you are coming from. No one likes 'cologne guy' at the gym either.
    I guess it just rubs me the wrong way that some are so quick to judge or look down on someone because they catch a whiff of their SOTD, but will overlook and justify why it is 'just the way it is' if they are smelling BO at the gym. And chances are the guy that complains at the gym, is the guy knocking you out later with his Armani Code at the local bar. It is all kinda silly I guess.

It is akin to those that complain about cigarette smoke continuously, but have no problem hanging out til 3 AM in a smoke clogged bar on the weekends with no complaints.
    Last edited by Jock_With_Scents; 12th August 2008 at 08:23 PM.

Keep it for after the workout

what happens if it's a company softball game and you're going out for drinks after?

Everyone should be forced to shower before they workout. Problem solved. You won't smell my Heritage - Guerlain and I won't smell your BO. Hey, this could be fun too don't you think? lol

especially if it's a co-ed team.

Quote Originally Posted by Blowe46 View Post
    especially if it's a co-ed team.
    Now were talking. Coed showers before workout. I think i would be at the gym three or four times a day. Count me in

same here. under these circumstances, I would gladly abstain from cologne

Are muscleheads and droided women supposed to have more BO than others? I learn something new everyday.

Umm yeh actually, aren't you Jock with scents? Just poking fun 8^P

http://www.steroid-abuse.org/side-effects-teens.htm

Cheers,
    Al

Somehow I think that strong perfumes are not appropriate for the gym. Maybe is the idea that the smell of sweat will mix with the smell of the perfume. I dont know. I would wear a very light cologne at the gym, but never a full body perfume like M7, Ambre Sultan, or Chanel PM Concentree.

I'm against scents at the gym. You're there to sweat.