Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Guerlain Homme

Thumbs down Guerlain Homme

Mon dieu, c´est pas vrai.....

I had the chance to test the new Guerlain Homme today and was really underwhelmed. There is some rhubarb on top, some leafy green in the middle, some vanilla and sandalwood in the base, that´s all. The brew is quite similar to Arpège p.H. only somewhat thinner.

Above all, the bottle looks cheap and ugly, not to mention the uninspired name: "Guerlain Homme" ....... like lemmings they all do Homme´s: YSL, Dior and now Guerlain.

To sum up, this stuff is absolutely boring, utterly dull, and unworthy of Guerlain!

Default Re: Guerlain Homme

Well, I'm not surprised at all ...
    L'amour fait songer, vivre et croire. Il a, pour réchauffer le coeur, un rayon de plus que la gloire; et ce rayon, c'est le bonheur. (Victor HUGO)

I had the chance to try the "fragrant card" tester. I'm sure it doesn't do justice to the real scent, but it indeed seems like a yawn. I agree on the ugly bottle.

Of course it's a shame given Guerlain's normal olfactory inventiveness and mythic aesthetics. Still, remember the hundreds of Jacques Guerlain perfumes that never became a big, lasting hit. I'm OK with it, I bought three bottles of Spiritueuse Double Vanille and two bottles of Vetiver pour Elle so I'm kind of broke anyway.

Does LVMH really think it good strategy to damage the reputation of Guerlain to rake in uncertain, short-term profits on a stupid men's mass market perfume? I thought this kind of fragrance is what celebrities are for...
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Well, look at Caron ...
    Tastes are changing as well I think otherwise nobody would accept..
    L'amour fait songer, vivre et croire. Il a, pour réchauffer le coeur, un rayon de plus que la gloire; et ce rayon, c'est le bonheur. (Victor HUGO)

Found this information on http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/G...omme-3638.html

"Guerlain Homme by Guerlain is a woody aromatic fragrance for men. Guerlain Homme is a new fragrance and it was introduced in 2008. The noses behind this fragrance are Thierry Wasser and Sylvaine Delacourte. The fragrance features lime, mint, bergamot, cedar, vetiver and mojito."

Aha............ lime, mint and mojito (and the usual suspects inbetween)! Brilliant concept!
    They should rather call it "Guerlain pour l´Adolescent".
    Mama mia, a company who did Mouchoir de Monsieur, Habit Rouge, Derby, Heritage - and finally this bland and mediocre whatsoever! I´m still shocked.

Basenotes Institution

This doesn't sound good guys. I was planning on buying a bottle unsniffed, when it arrived in the U.S. Now that sounds like a bad idea.

Just in case anyone missed it, here are my first impressions from testing it last month:

http://community.basenotes.net/showt...n+homme&page=4
    Last edited by Trebor; 10th August 2008 at 05:03 AM.

Is Wasser the genius behind this? Glancing at Wassers' resume (Kylie minogue Darling, Mary Kay Domain, Bogart Furyo, CK Truth, Dior Addict, etc.) I can't see on what nose shattering accomplishments Guerlain hired him. Maybe I am missing something here?
    -

Hi, long time lurker, first time poster. Anywho, I had the pleasure of smelling the 3 accords on a training day by LVMH. The best part to me was the geranium in the floral note. I wanted that note to be the most 'important'. But that seems not to be the case, with the 'mojito' being very pronounced.
    I can see this fragrance selling to many of the customers that come into my store, though. They all want 'fresh'. And this screams 'fresh'.

Perhaps Wasser was hired as he seems to make fragrances that do well commercially.

Basenotes Institution

I happen to like the sound of a 'mojito accord'. I remember commenting that I loved Sugar Lychee by Fresh smelled like a mojito, in a good way. What surprises me, is that Guerlain is utilizing a scent with this accord. For men.

Let's face it - many of us like 'fresh' scents, especially in the Summer when it's hot and you want something that's uncomplicated. And I happen to enjoy the Aqua Allegoria line of Guerlain scents, that evoke just that feeling. Garden like, fresh, refreshing, etc.

It just seems a little weird to hear about this same 'type' of fragrance being marketed as the brand new mens fragrance for Guerlain.

Here is my wish: That I will be able to smell the new Guerlain Homme and not allow my preconceived notions as to what it should smell like, to influence my nose. If I'm able to achieve this, maybe I'll like it.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 14th August 2008 at 04:34 PM.

I happen to like the new Guerlain, although I agree, it is not a typical classic Guerlain we (Basenotes) are used too. But let's face it, we are not the majority of regular people.(I hope that didn't sound snobby).
    Derby, Coriolan, Heritage are great to Basenote (and mine if you will) standards, but not to the majority of people. These didn't sell well. And not only because they weren't advertised well, but simply because these scents didn't apeal to most people.
    For example, I remember Coriolan was advertised a lot here, but was discontinued nevertheless. I can remember the Heritage ads in magazines here also back in 1992.And while I loved it, also back in those times,when I was even younger, I remember my friends comments about "öld men smell" and so on.

This is Guerlains try to get known with more men again. I hope they succeed. All in all, not bad. But not a great classic either. I wore Guerlain homme on my holiday destination (Greece) were it was 40 degr.Celsius andI thought it was splendid in those temperatures. Let's say I didn't miss my Heritage at all.

By the way, I heard on the news last week that the head of Pinanfarina industries (the car company who designed the bottle) died in an accident? Very sad.
    Last edited by eric; 14th August 2008 at 04:58 PM.

Like ZZ, I find Mr. Wasser's previous creations to be very yawn-worthy. But I do agree with Wasser when he states that Guerlain needs to find a new Guerlinade. The question remains, does he have the right stuff?
    I'm still very curious to try GH. At first I was down on L'Instant and thought it was anti-Guerlain, but over time I've grown to appreciate it and see its significance in the Guerlain oeuvre. Perhaps GH will smell better after a few months. I haven't held the bottle in my hands, but it certainly photographs well.
    PS: I'm glad the Mojito accord doesn't predominate, I really don't want to smell like someone spilled a drink on me.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 14th August 2008 at 05:48 PM.

I tested Guerlain Homme a month ago in Paris and was not impressed at all. The bottle looks like something that's been spat out by a garbage truck. OMG! That cheap, cheap plastic cap, almost as synthetic smelling as the juice itself. That so-called mojito accord is hardly present, with lime, lime and more lime. Smells like a washed-up version of Neroli Sauvage with hints of SDV and a touch of vetiver. Why buy GH when there is Vetiver, Imperiale or L'instant? Why produce something for the mass market when there is already masses of the same stuff out there? It just doesn't make any sense! L'instant PH is not my favourite Guerlain but at least there was nothing that resembled it when it was released. The same can be said for Bois D'armenie and Spiriteuse Double Vanille. And I must add that the advert for GH is more Adidas than Guerlain. I think GH will not be one of the more memorable moments in Guerlain's impressive history. Sad really!

Scent of my day - SDV
    Scent of my night - Habit Rouge EDP, EDT, EDC layered in that order.

I don't agree at all with all what is said above
    i've had the chance to smell it here in Paris : still not officially released but some testers are already in the Guerlain boutiques (not the corners in the department stores)

and i found it fabulous in its style : it is certainly not a smell that we use to know from Guerlain even if i think they tried to make a synthesis of different notes from other compositions
    the head is very fresh with lime and mint (note found in herba fresca) and green and a little bit acid (with rhubarb), but the note of rhum was not detectable to me ( the seller told me that they put vodka ...?? an idiot)
    the floral accord in the middle is very pronounced with the geranium overwhelming (a strange unusual note indeed very masculine and also fresh)
    the drydown is maybe a little bit more common but the woods are elegant, mixing vetiver and cedar (the vetiver note is a tribute to JPG's Vetiver), but i did'nt perceived the rhubarb note; when i smell this basenotes it reminds me many things from other compositions (without being able to told which, something familar from other Guerlain)
    my overall impression is that they created something new, very different of the other fragrances for men released nowaday (of course they want it to be a good seller) with sitll the high standards of quality of this noble House

the bottle is heavy and masculine and i like it a lot

to me : ten thumbs up

It smells good, not a mainstream scent at all. It's too thin though, too weak and too watery (what can you expect from someone called "Wasser"). It has no staying power. But they will sure come soon with an extreme version.

Basenotes Plus

It was available in my local House of Fraser today so I gave it a try, although it isn't a usual Guerlain I still quite like it. It starts off fresh, with blasts of mint and then lime, then rhubarb and woody sides come through. At the end your left with a pleasant dry down, it's not ground breaking but it's nice! I took some samples away and may go back to buy a bottle tommorrow! Not every Guerlain has to be a classic surely? It makes sense for the brand to do a mass market scent, that way they can keep afloat and make some of the amazing scents that we are used to getting! Plus I like the bottle!

On a side note, I also tried the new Insolence EDP, it's not much different from the EDT it just amps up the berries, I think they may need to bring out a brand new feminine scent sometime soon.

(I just read through the above and have no Idea why I have used so many exclamation marks :S)
    Last edited by Candy Perfume Boy; 15th August 2008 at 09:18 PM.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

I had to go to L’Institut Guerlain here in Montreal today to try Guerlain Homme. They have the exclusive until the general launch in September.

I think that Germanomio’s review and thoughts are quite accurate. I did not get the rhum either. The floral middle note is what set this fragrance apart and makes it interesting for me. GH wears close to the skin and I wish it had more depth.

We might hear the same kind of comments about Guerlain Homme than we did about YSL L’Homme when it first came out. Obviously, with GH, Guerlain is trying to to reposition itself and to renew its clientele. It’s safe to say that the target is not primarily those who like Héritage or L’Instant. But that does not make GH a bad smell.

Basenotes Plus

Decided to go and buy this today after wearing my samples, It wears really close to the skin and I love how it starts out fresh and the drydown is quite woody. For those who think it's just like everything else out there, it really isn't, the 30ml bottle is nice too!
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Is it available anywhere in the States yet? I'd still like to smell this one.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by libertine View Post
    It was available in my local House of Fraser today so I gave it a try, although it isn't a usual Guerlain I still quite like it. It starts off fresh, with blasts of mint and then lime, then rhubarb and woody sides come through. At the end your left with a pleasant dry down, it's not ground breaking but it's nice! I took some samples away and may go back to buy a bottle tommorrow! Not every Guerlain has to be a classic surely? It makes sense for the brand to do a mass market scent, that way they can keep afloat and make some of the amazing scents that we are used to getting! Plus I like the bottle!

On a side note, I also tried the new Insolence EDP, it's not much different from the EDT it just amps up the berries, I think they may need to bring out a brand new feminine scent sometime soon.

(I just read through the above and have no Idea why I have used so many exclamation marks :S)
    Quote Originally Posted by libertine View Post
    Decided to go and buy this today after wearing my samples, It wears really close to the skin and I love how it starts out fresh and the drydown is quite woody. For those who think it's just like everything else out there, it really isn't, the 30ml bottle is nice too!
    Finally - someone who likes the scent. And isn't afraid of using exclamation points.

Can't wait to smell this.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 17th August 2008 at 06:24 PM.

I've arrived home to a sealed 50ml EDT tester (in full Guerlain packaging,as a bonus). I've never set nose on this before. I'm going to give it a try,soon. Thoughts to follow.

And?

Blog Entries

And where did that tester come from?!?

Three Sprays to wrist (right ) 5 or so minutes ago.

The opening is lime,lime and more lime;very fresh and sharp. I don't get much mint. The rhubarb is there along with a heady,boozy/alcohol note (quite pronounced,at the moment,the booze). it's starting to settle down,about now. So far,very nice. I'm finding that it projects well,too. The only "down",so far,is that it seems to go through the note pyramid a bit quickly,very transient.

More to follow.................

I sprayed some last night on the back of my hand before I went to sleep. This afternoon I could still detect it and I swear it smelled like the final drydown phase of eau sauvage. I like it more and more!

Around the 40 or so minute mark,now. I'm becoming a little confused:it appears to have stopped developing,sort of stalled,on a spicy/green note. It's still sharp and fresh,though,with the slightest hint of creamy sandalwood (?). I've yet to hit the Vetiver. I would guess that it's been at this stage for a good while. It's still pleasant,the projection is surprisingly good,too. It seems to be a very "quick" creation,to me. The movement through the notes is really rapid.

Great stuff Latch, please continue to log it's development.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Final thoughts for the evening,4 or so hours after applying. It hasn't developed much more from earlier,not a bad thing though as the Vetiver in the base has emerged not too strongly,just right for me,similar to the 2000 Guerlain vetiver EDT present in the middle. The lime/sharp citrus appears to have returned,too,in glimpses. There is some other notes there in the base,too,I'm struggling a little with these,in identifying them,it could be the cedarwood ?

Overall,I'm pleased. To me,it's not watery/thin or weak. the projection is till good after this time. The development is interesting,if a little rapid.The 3 stages are all well defined. Is it a little "synthetic"? Maybe.

For me,it's interesting and promising.I can see it being very versatile:the freshness remains throughout making a good "indoor" choice,to me.

I'll try it again in a more natural setting,wearing it for a working day as opposed to when relaxing at home.

I like the bottle,too. Substantial,well made and different from my other Guerlains,in keeping with the contemporary feel of the creation . The inside of the box has a zebra type pattern which I guess fits in with the "animal" theme.

Sounds all promising. I've only tried the tester card. On paper you need to wait days for the drydown which actually seemed rich enough to be "a Guerlain". Otherwise it reminded me of Coriolan - I guess the sharpness - but, yes, perhaps with a "synthetic" edge, which is a bit sad, given that all the Guerlains I've smelled so far smells very round and "fresh from the garden"-like.

Good detail, the zebra pattern! It surely fits the animal theme, but may also be a reminiscent of the zebra pattern for Vol de Nuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Latch35 View Post
    Final thoughts for the evening,4 or so hours after applying. It hasn't developed much more from earlier,not a bad thing though as the Vetiver in the base has emerged not too strongly,just right for me,similar to the 2000 Guerlain vetiver EDT present in the middle. The lime/sharp citrus appears to have returned,too,in glimpses. There is some other notes there in the base,too,I'm struggling a little with these,in identifying them,it could be the cedarwood ?

Overall,I'm pleased. To me,it's not watery/thin or weak. the projection is till good after this time. The development is interesting,if a little rapid.The 3 stages are all well defined. Is it a little "synthetic"? Maybe.

For me,it's interesting and promising.I can see it being very versatile:the freshness remains throughout making a good "indoor" choice,to me.

I'll try it again in a more natural setting,wearing it for a working day as opposed to when relaxing at home.

I like the bottle,too. Substantial,well made and different from my other Guerlains,in keeping with the contemporary feel of the creation . The inside of the box has a zebra type pattern which I guess fits in with the "animal" theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guerlain View Post
    Sounds all promising. I've only tried the tester card. On paper you need to wait days for the drydown which actually seemed rich enough to be "a Guerlain". Otherwise it reminded me of Coriolan - I guess the sharpness - but, yes, perhaps with a "synthetic" edge, which is a bit sad, given that all the Guerlains I've smelled so far smells very round and "fresh from the garden"-like.

Good detail, the zebra pattern! It surely fits the animal theme, but may also be a reminiscent of the zebra pattern for Vol de Nuit.

I hadn't thought of that,a good detail.

I intend to try it again,soon.

It's now available in the shops. I was shocked to see the price tag. 80ml cost 102 Swiss Franks at Marionnaud (as a reference: 125ml of Vetiver cost 96 Franks in the same shop!). This is too much for such a scent. I mean it's good, but not that good. Perhaps they want to make us believe, that this is high quality stuff.

Basenotes Institution

I called the Guerlain boutique at The Breakers Hotel (Palm Beach) and they don't have it yet. They expect it in mid-September.

Just got a call from the Boston Saks and they have a pre-sale bottle for sniffing and trying. No formal samples but the SA said he'd make a vial up for me. It looks like I'll get a cahnce to give this a try sooner than later.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Quote Originally Posted by sables View Post
    Mon dieu, c´est pas vrai.....

I had the chance to test the new Guerlain Homme today and was really underwhelmed. There is some rhubarb on top, some leafy green in the middle, some vanilla and sandalwood in the base, that´s all. The brew is quite similar to Arpège p.H. only somewhat thinner.

Above all, the bottle looks cheap and ugly, not to mention the uninspired name: "Guerlain Homme" ....... like lemmings they all do Homme´s: YSL, Dior and now Guerlain.

To sum up, this stuff is absolutely boring, utterly dull, and unworthy of Guerlain!
    If Guerlain Homme is near of Arpege p.h.......ohhhhhhhh, not for me.....Next please!

PS. Arpege was one of the worst fragances for my opinion of the last 10 years. Yuck

Today I tried the new Kenzo Power and Cartier´s Roadster and they are both superior, especially Roadster, IMO.
    Mathilde Laurent´s first major release for Cartier is the one I would have expected from Guerlain!

I went over to Saks today at lunch time and picked up a sample and spritzed some Guerlain Homme on from the tester.
    The bottle is pretty snazzy looking and the whole made to look like the hood of a sports car thing comes through. I think Cartier Roadster did it in a cooler way but this isn't bad.
    My initial impressions of the juice inside the bottle are that the anticipated "mojito accord" is very subtle to the point of being almost non-existent. There is a sharp blast of citrus on the top but I have to really work hard to get the mint component of the mojito. After that it transitions very quickly, maybe too quickly, to a drydown reminiscent of Guerlain Vetiver. The base is almost Vetiver Eau Legere and it has no longevity to speak of. Just 2 hours later and I have to push my nose into my wrist to get a reminder.
    This is versus the Jo Malone Sweet Lime and Cedar I'm wearing on my other wrist which is still going strong after being applied within minutes of Guerlain Homme.
    I never thought to see the day that a Jo Malone would out last a Guerlain, but here it is.
    I will give the sample a full wear within the next week but I'm not expecting to be overawed when I give it the full ride.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Sorry to the detractors of this fragrance but I think you're wrong.

There are a number of big releases this year which have disappointed me big time.

Givenchy Play: Yawn, been there seen it done it.

Infusion D'Homme: Neroli, then Neroli, then Iris trying to get through, then more Neroli. Very poor and sickly.

The One pour Homme: Spray it and it's gone.

Guerlain Homme: Opens up bright and fresh like so many others... then evolves and mutates slowly and LASTS. It is an excellent fragrance which is better than the rest of the "fresh" crap out there.

I will be buying this one.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

I tried this today, it smells very similar to Versace's Dreamer. I kept thinking I had sprayed my Dreamer on when it was wafting up. I prefer Dreamer!
    Check out my Fragrance Review Blog

Wishlist: Byredo Pulp, Creed Aventus, Montale Black Aoud, Original Santal, Dior Jules, Invasion Barbare, Pure Distance M

Sur la Plage

They had this in stock today at Saks so I sampled it.

I like the mojito top notes, which unfortunately do not last very long. Then it dries down to be like most of the other boring fresh designer fragrances being released. I felt the sillage was low and longevity was below average. Very disappointing.......
    Last edited by petruccijc; 31st August 2008 at 12:32 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Smells fresh, limey and has a certain development.....so at leats it's not made up of a single note...
    Other than that, it's by far the worst Guerlain I've ever smelled. Imho, totally generic and rather flat and synthetic smelling. Similar to every other 'fresh' designer frag out there. If they wanted to come up with something 'new' then there's plenty of room for originality.
    Why miss an opportunity to create something truly unique rather than banal? I personally wouldn't pay a fiver for this thing, that is.

Guerlain what have you done?

I've been wearing this for the past week at work. Lots of compliments and lots of sales.
    I complained about the "Mojito" before, but I've grown to enjoy it.

After reading most of the reviews and opinions on this thread, it's reassuring to know that my first impressions were very similar. Guerlain Homme is a disgraceful release, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    After reading most of the reviews and opinions on this thread, it's reassuring to know that my first impressions were very similar. Guerlain Homme is a disgraceful release, IMHO.
    Strangely, the comments in the update to the Perfumes The Guide agree with most mini-reviews of Homme here, but the rating is out of whack (4 stars?)
    -

Yeah, zztopp - I just posted something about that on the Perfumes: The Guide Update thread.

What are they smoking?
    Last edited by Trebor; 1st September 2008 at 12:23 AM.

I like it. My expectations were low from reading here but my immediate thought was that it is littered with guerlain references which tie it into the great history. The citrus reminds me of habit rouge, particularly the recent legere, a bit more limey perhaps. In addition to this I got a (toned down) kind of aldehyde and lavender accord which put me in mind of Du Coq and Mouchoir de Monsiuer or Jicky. Ther projection seems perfect for an everyday masculine, present but not overwhelming. The vetiver note too is guerlain reference, though in this case overlaid with a transparent, modern and overused wood which smells synthetic in a slightly cliched way to me but gives a clear "male fragrance" signal. I think Mr. Wasser has done a fine job of balancing the impossible demands of a mass market fragrance which respects the history of the house, wearable, not too serious but with thought and detail. This was not rushed out of the lab, in my opinion.

Oh yes and I do get an animalic note, like a very distant leather or something, I haven't pinned this down yet, will have to try again.
    Last edited by hirch_duckfinder; 1st September 2008 at 12:39 AM.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

After reading most of the reviews and opinions on this thread, it's reassuring to know that my first impressions were very similar.
    If you only look at the negative ones yes. In case you didn't notice , there are also people who like it. I guess you can say that the opinions are mixed.
    Last edited by eric; 1st September 2008 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eric View Post
    If you only look at the negative ones yes. In case you didn't notice , there are also people who like it. I guess you can say that the opinions are mixed.
    Heeeeeeeeeeeeeey!!! Steady boy! Down, down!!!

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeey!!! Steady boy! Down, down!!!
    Harrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Sorry , too much coffee.

By the way, here's the Guerlain Homme website. Especially for monsieur Trebor.There's an interview with Wasser on it.
    http://www.guerlainhomme.com/guerlain_homme_en.html
    Last edited by eric; 1st September 2008 at 11:58 AM.

Oh man I'm so confused with the marketing. The animal looking guy in the advertisements, the Hugo Boss-esque bottle, the "fresh" smell... seems contradictory. From the ads I thought the notes would be similar to MR/Kouros or something animalic. What kinda animal smells of mojito?

I guess it has sucked me in though, I must smell this now!
    Last edited by jillsy; 1st September 2008 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jillsy View Post
    What kinda animal smells of mojito?
    Me? ..when I wear this?

Thumbs up Re: Guerlain Homme

This perfume, very good IMO, stablishes a new age of Guerlain House.
    A perfume lover can detect in GUERLAIN HOMME, the " NEW GUERLINADE ", which has been revised, under the supervision of the Mr. Guerlain himself , as I have been told by who knows, when the presentation of the scent to the press in Lisbon.
    I cannot understand so many prejudices against this perfume...

Quote Originally Posted by ROBERTO View Post
    This perfume, very good IMO, stablishes a new age of Guerlain House.
    A perfume lover can detect in GUERLAIN HOMME, the " NEW GUERLINADE ", which has been revised, under the supervision of the Mr. Guerlain himself , as I have been told by who knows, when the presentation of the scent to the press in Lisbon.
    I cannot understand so many prejudices against this perfume...
    That's all well and good but some of us still don't like it. That's life, I'm afraid...

I'm glad I was able to purchase this one. I've been living with it for a little while now. I posted my review on the Fragrance Reviews board.

Is this now available in Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by mrclmind View Post
    I'm glad I was able to purchase this one. I've been living with it for a little while now. I posted my review on the Fragrance Reviews board.
    Thanks for the review. I'm probably beyond the intended age bracket, but judging from your and hirch_duckfinder's descriptions it deserves to be tried at least. Maybe I can sniff some today.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    Thanks for the review. I'm probably beyond the intended age bracket, but judging from your and hirch_duckfinder's descriptions it deserves to be tried at least. Maybe I can sniff some today.
    Hi the_good_life! I really think this one is extremely versatile. It's a great summer, daytime fragrance. Very fresh and can't see that it would be inappropriate for any age. I think this is why so many dislike it. It's very "generic." It is however, done quite well!

Since Turin likes it, I have hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    Since Turin likes it, I have hope.
    My take on it is that as long as you take it for what it is and not what you might expect a "Guerlain!!" to be, it's very good IMO. If you don't like the genre, you probably won't like this one either.
    Last edited by mrclmind; 2nd September 2008 at 04:48 PM.