Code of Conduct

Thread: Tommy Bahama

AromiErotici

Default Tommy Bahama

I was pleasantly surprised today while browsing in a drugstore. I noticed some sales in the frag dept. and Bahama was one of a handful that I hadn't tried yet, plus it was discounted 50%.

Sampled all the ones that interested me ( 4 total) and ended up buying Tommy Bahama. The leather & patchouli are banging in this frag ! Really nice, masculine scent. I'm not much of a top note person. As long as they're pleasant, that's good enough for me. The middle and bottom is what I'm looking to and Bahama did not disappoint.

I always ASSumed this was an aquatic frag....and since I'm not fond of aquatics, I was ambivalent of this fragrance. I'm really glad I decided to try this. It's a nice addition to the growing collection.

Default Re: Tommy Bahama

I liked it for a while, but what I liked didn't last too long, so I never pursued a full bottle. Does it have good longevity for you?

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    I liked it for a while, but what I liked didn't last too long, so I never pursued a full bottle. Does it have good longevity for you?
    The longevity isn't too bad on me. About 3 hours later and it's become subtle, but has prescience. Opium EDP is the only frag I found so far that keeps going and going and going......

At any rate, 3 hours on me is good since I'm like a sponge with scents. It seems like it's going to be a great work-day frag. I'll leave admirers in my wake instead of casualties.

Have you tried Gucci Pour Homme? You might also like that one.

Tommy Bahamma is a really good fragrance and needs to be mentioned more around here. One doesn't usually associate a TB frag with characteristics of being thick, robust, and manly but, that it is....that it is.

I do not remember Tommy Bahama having leather. Patchouli yes. Nutmeg OH YES.

Sometimes I still wake up at night cold sweating and my heart beating really fast. Doctors said it is Nutmeg induced posttraumatic stress disorder (NIPTSD).

The longevity with TB is really very good, it is just one of those fragrances where you can't smell it after so long but everyone else can.

So how much did you end up paying and how many oz. was the bottle? I tried Set Sail South Seas and it is a decent fragrance but can get on your nerves after a bit and it's not something I'd come back to again and again. The original Tommy Bahama fragrance seems like a better choice.

The original Tommy Bahama is a favorite of mine. I find it works better, for me, in the Fall and Winter because it is quite strong on my skin. Yet, not too strong for daywear. For an even stronger version of this type of fragrance suitable for evening wear, I use Gucci pour homme.

St. Barts and South Seas definitely seem more like summer frags. The original is not, imo, a summer frag--despite it's "Bahama" image.
    Snarky is as snarky does.

Sur la Plage

I think the original Tommy Bahama for Men is a very good fragrance - it's rich and spicy. It's not like the subsequent releases (Very Cool, Set Sail series) which have been more fresh and summery.

You can easily find this at most Marshalls/TJ Maxx stores in the US.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by irish View Post
    I do not remember Tommy Bahama having leather. Patchouli yes. Nutmeg OH YES.

Sometimes I still wake up at night cold sweating and my heart beating really fast. Doctors said it is Nutmeg induced posttraumatic stress disorder (NIPTSD).
    I don't know if there is actually leather in it, but it smells like it does on me.

As a chef, I advise you stay away from nutmeg unless drinking heavily before bedtime.

Even worst nutmeg than TBfM, Azzaro Visit

AromiErotici

I can't say I like huge notes of it either.