Code of Conduct

Default Sensual, versatile, sweet, romantic

Hey, I don't have much expierence with different colognes (I'm a college student) but I'm looking for a scent I could wear anytime, anywhere with following characteristics in mind:

It has to be sensual & romantic (a ladies pleaser)
    you cannot overspray it
    versatile (for fragrance snobs: maybe 'boring')
    not a sillage monster, just that people who are near me can smell me, not the whole room I'm in

Ah, I really love 212 men at the end of the day but I do hate the topnotes!

I don't know if you can help me with it, and if I'm clear 'cause my knowledge of English isn't so well but can you please help me?
    Last edited by Desmond Hume; 8th August 2008 at 07:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sensual, versatile, sweet, romantic

Jokke, have you ever tried Creed Silver Mountain Water?

Dependent

Post Thanks / Like

Id personally reccommend Leau D'Issey Pour homme by Issey Miyake, and Bvlgari Extreme. Ladies love it. Oh and do try Bvlgari Aqva(if you like acqua di gio, you will LOVE this much more). hmmm you could try gucci envy men, but its a tad musk based, some women love it some dont.. but Issey Miyake and Bvglari Extreme have worn me alot of grreat female feedback

Issey Miyake is in my opinion quite metrosexual coz it takes floral notes to a level that not many male frags to my limited knowledge have achieved.

Bvlgari Extreme is great in the versatility department, it the freshest of the flankers for the original Pour homme.

considering you like 212, you should easily like those i mentioned above. 212 is rather sweet and casual, and if your looking for something to wear to class, then Issey and Bvg Extreme and Aqva are great to go anytime anywhere.

Do hit the market place section to hook yourself up with some great samples b4 u decide tho...
    Last edited by MFJ; 8th August 2008 at 07:36 PM.

Creed is too expensive for my budget.
    I've once tried L'eau d'Issey, as far as I remember it was a very nice summery scent but a bit too sharp (citrussy) in the beginning imo. I'll retry it soon
    As for Bvlgari Aqva, I thought it was so so, my sister (who is as old as I am) nor my mother thought it smelled good but they LOVE Acqua di Gio, which also smells better and much different to me.
    I'll look after Bvlgari Extreme, didn't see it in my department store.
    Thanks for the quick responses!
    Last edited by Desmond Hume; 8th August 2008 at 07:24 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Sensual, versatile, sweet, romantic

Geir by Geir Ness

.................................................. ...................I'm gonna memorize your name.. and then i'm gonna throw my head away!!........:bounce:.............

Most reviews of Geir sound great, although I've never heard about it before

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you tried Terre de Hermes?

Yes I have tried Terre d'Hermes twice, it was one of the worst fragrances I've ever encountered, smelled old and like dirty earth & a little like weed, also my mother & sister said it was gross.
    I'm really sorry, I respect your opinion and taste but it's just not my cup of tea...
    Last edited by Desmond Hume; 8th August 2008 at 10:39 PM.

Dependent

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jokke View Post
    Creed is too expensive for my budget.
    I've once tried L'eau d'Issey, as far as I remember it was a very nice summery scent but a bit too sharp (citrussy) in the beginning imo. I'll retry it soon
    As for Bvlgari Aqva, I thought it was so so, my sister (who is as old as I am) nor my mother thought it smelled good but they LOVE Acqua di Gio, which also smells better and much different to me.
    I'll look after Bvlgari Extreme, didn't see it in my department store.
    Thanks for the quick responses!
    Issey can come off pretty sharp at the begining but it take 15-20 min tops to settle down... its more floral than citrus in my opinion, do give it a 2nd shot, like how u actually find 212 appealing after it fufils its sillage and dry down.

As for bvg aqva, i actually ditched my adgio after i tried aqva, but if ure looking for something similar to ADgio then bvg aqva Marine is quite similar, with a hint of citrus. aqva's dry down has a thicker musky, mossy scent which i feel is great and trust me they last much longer than ADgio.... i use my ADgio on my blankets and sheets now coz its pointless wearing it when it last 4hours tops for me. ADgio can be quite a common scent, but nonetheless its a ladies favourite.

Bvlgari Extreme was the one that made me a fan of Bvlgari

anyways its great that you actually sampled them first. we all have unique taste. Again, the good folks here are ever ready to share their joy juice, so dont hesitate to hit the market section for some samplers

Have fun on ur quest...
    Last edited by MFJ; 8th August 2008 at 11:24 PM.

Dependent

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I have tried Terre d'Hermes twice, it was one of the worst fragrances I've ever encountered, smelled old and like dirty earth & a little like weed, also my mother & sister said it was gross.
    I'm really sorry, I respect your opinion and taste but it's just not my cup of tea...
    lol.... u dont have to feel bad about not liking frag faves of others. I love fahrenheit, but 90% of the ppl around me tell me its smells like tyre.... but to me its lovely...

And for someone starting out, i wouldnt reccommend creed coz its really expensive and great ingredients doesnt always smell good. creed fans will most of the time reccommend creed, but my honest opinion is that niche frags take some time to aquire an appreciation for. So just go with what feels best on you, its a good idea to grab a sample and use it over a week or so to make sure that the final decision would be worth the money. Sometimes a scent that doesnt appeal at first can grow on u greatly after a couple of days of wear. (NO offence to creed die hards, i do like some creed frags but find them quite overpriced and easily substituted)

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

How about:

YSL L'Homme
    Sean John Unforgivable
    Diesel Fuel for Life for Men
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Off-Scenter

Give Devin and Tuscany Uomo a shot if you can find them. They're both easy for everyday wear and work well in a younger circle. Also check out L'Anarchiste (ignore the off-the-wall reviews - it's not all that weird), Ungaro III (romantic), Beyond Paradise for Men (crisp and uplifting), and The 3rd Man (suave but not too mature).

All of these will be easy on the budget, and none of them will leave you smelling exactly like every other 18 - 22 year old you know.

Post Thanks / Like

"It has to be sensual & romantic (a ladies pleaser)
    you cannot overspray it
    not a sillage monster, just that people who are near me can smell me, not the whole room I'm in"

I have one word for you, sir, Baldessarini.

Women love it.

The more the merrier.

Does work or play with equal aplomb and cares not a whit what the season may be.

Works best when her nose is close to your collar.

Dirt cheap when you buy a capless tester on ebay and who would bother faking it?

Oh, did I mention that whole women liking it thing?

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    How about:

YSL L'Homme
    Sean John Unforgivable
    Diesel Fuel for Life for Men
    Aah L'Homme... I've worn it once from a testercard in a magazine, and everytime I smelled it it made me happy for some reason, the opening reminded me very much of D&G homme and I especially liked the fruity middle notes. People around me said it smelled nice too. Maybe I'm gonna go for this one, thanks man!

I once sprayed Unforgivable on my arm but I couldn't stand it's opening so I washed it of immediately

Fuel for Life didn't smell bad to my nose, but I tried it after I went through the entire men's department so I'll have to try it again, this time with "a clean nose"

Quote Originally Posted by Vibert View Post
    Give Devin and Tuscany Uomo a shot if you can find them. They're both easy for everyday wear and work well in a younger circle. Also check out L'Anarchiste (ignore the off-the-wall reviews - it's not all that weird), Ungaro III (romantic), Beyond Paradise for Men (crisp and uplifting), and The 3rd Man (suave but not too mature).

All of these will be easy on the budget, and none of them will leave you smelling exactly like every other 18 - 22 year old you know.
    Are they available in a regular department store? I'm very interested in Ungaro III, but can you explain me why some (in the reviewpart here) say it is gothic?
    Last edited by Desmond Hume; 9th August 2008 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by noirwest View Post
    "It has to be sensual & romantic (a ladies pleaser)
    you cannot overspray it
    not a sillage monster, just that people who are near me can smell me, not the whole room I'm in"

I have one word for you, sir, Baldessarini.

Women love it.

The more the merrier.

Does work or play with equal aplomb and cares not a whit what the season may be.

Works best when her nose is close to your collar.

Dirt cheap when you buy a capless tester on ebay and who would bother faking it?

Oh, did I mention that whole women liking it thing?
    Is this one similiar to Boss Bottled (which I own)?

Dependent

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vibert View Post

another vote for tuscany... my fave among the aramis range, another constant in my closet...

Off-Scenter

Are they available in a regular department store? I'm very interested in Ungaro III, but can you explain me why some (in the reviewpart here) say it is gothic?
    All should be available in larger department stores. Why some people feel Ungaro III is "gothic" is beyond me. What strikes some as dark and gothic in this rose accented fougere may be the same element that I consider "romantic." You won't know unless you try...
    Last edited by Off-Scenter; 10th August 2008 at 06:15 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Distant relation but much, much the better scent. Creamier, smoother, hate to say this but it's what I always think when I put it on, "this is too good to be a Boss scent".

A friend of mine wore Diesel Fuel For Life yesterday, I thought it smelled nice on him, kinda light, it's longlasting with a decent sillage, not overpowering at all but I'm not sure if I liked the smell of anise in it...

What do you guys think of D&G's The One?
    Last edited by Desmond Hume; 11th August 2008 at 10:55 AM.

Dependent

Post Thanks / Like

A friend of mine wore Diesel Fuel For Life yesterday, I thought it smelled nice on him, kinda light, it's longlasting with a decent sillage, not overpowering at all but I'm not sure if I liked the smell of anise in it...

What do you guys think of D&G's The One?

Ive always been disapppinted with D&G'as range.

anyways, i actually boght two botttles of versace blue jeans some months back coz thsey were really cheap and looked great for deco purposes. I rem first trying them over 10 years ago and did not really find it attractive.but now after using it for th past couple of casual events, , i really cant stop usin it, coz i love it so much more now, and so damn cheap to boot... i rem those days when they were over triple the price here. Btw the are not old stock, im surprised that they can
    b retailed at such a low rate.... the bottle inside the tin can is really cool the more i look at it... give that a try man if u can man.. rem it s blue jeans not baby blue, i hate babyblue

Dependent

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noirwest View Post

Distant relation but much, much the better scent. Creamier, smoother, hate to say this but it's what I always think when I put it on, "this is too good to be a Boss scent".
    is that also known as no. 6?

boss bottled is discontibued according to my wholesale agent. whether its for a change of bottle package or not, i have no idea, all i know was wanting to the the bigger 100ml boss bottled from my agent 3weeks ago, but was told that the distributors mentioned a discontinuation,.. they only had a few 50ml bottles left...
    Last edited by MFJ; 11th August 2008 at 01:30 PM.

Boss Bottled is one of the bestselling scents here and in Western-Europe I think, so I doubt they discontinue it soon
    Sometimes it's also called Boss 6

EDIT: http://www.bossfragrances.com/gb/bottled/
    Last edited by Desmond Hume; 11th August 2008 at 01:43 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm surprised no ones mentioned M7 or Body Kouros... IMO these are sweet, sensual, romantic and relatively versatile.
    However you definately can overspray M7.. and its also a slightly 'acquired' taste.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

One that comes to my mind is Burberry London.

Dependent

Post Thanks / Like

Boss Bottled is one of the bestselling scents here and in Western-Europe I think, so I doubt they discontinue it soon
    Sometimes it's also called Boss 6

EDIT: http://www.bossfragrances.com/gb/bottled/

Cool thanks... the only boss that i can ssfely reccommend to anyone is selection.... and XY..... otherwise, im getting quite disappointed with their more recent releases. Boss #1 amd dark blue somehow made it into my closet, but im still waiting for a epic boss scent, something that can leave a legcay. Tho many may not think of LDIssey as anywhere near a classic, im sure in times to come, ppl will refer to LDIssey as the one that made IM frags an international appeal. Ck has done it with eternity, dior with fahrenheit, ES, channel with antaeus, Bvlgar countless(imo, i think by now some would konw im quite gaga over bvlgari), when it comes to boss , suddently there's choke, BOss #1 is not bad tho i ve still to open my 100ml after ussing a sample, it simply is not suitable to be comapred aong with the epics.paco has done it with PR pH...i dont think ive missed trying all they boss frags to date and the really pleasant surprise was XY of which i found it wrth to back 2 bottles of, coz scent like those i use quite heavily coz the weather here is horrd. and id always make sure i have a spare in office of a decant with me
    Last edited by MFJ; 11th August 2008 at 03:41 PM.

Dependent

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony87 View Post
    I'm surprised no ones mentioned M7 or Body Kouros... IMO these are sweet, sensual, romantic and relatively versatile.
    However you definately can overspray M7.. and its also a slightly 'acquired' taste.
    The same reason im hesitant on mentioing my favorite fahrenheit. I took to it immdediately sce tryin it over a decade ago and sitl wear it now, but, im trying not to metion it too much coz ppl either hate of love it and iwouldnt want to be caught in a corssfire.

I don't have that 'acquired' taste yet, since I'm new to this and I don't think the average person has it so I don't think that M7 is versatile?

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Sensual, versatile, sweet, romantic

Welcome,

I really like L'anarchiste but it doesn't last on me for more that an hour or two. If you want to spray and not worry about how many times that is one I would suggest. If you like 212 you might want to try Chic. I really like it but there were so many others out there I liked alot better that I swapped it.

You may want to discover some scents that have been out there for a while but you have never tried. I say this because you say you are on a limited budget. Just keep asking questions. And do your homework. Sample alot of stuff. It won't take long and you will have a greater sense of what you like and don;'t like. Use the directory here. A big help to me even now.

Best to you

Rick
    For sale post

[url]http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=190169[/url]

" I wanna have my kicks before the whole s--t house goes up in flames"

Quote from Jim Morrison
    The Doors