Code of Conduct

Default A Few Suggestions

Ok... well I wouldn't exactly say that I'm "new" at the cologne game... but I definitely could use your guys help in looking for a new scent. Anyways to set the scene a little bit more... I'm an 18 year old college student and enjoy looking and smelling good haha. I already have a few scents, but am looking for another to add to my collection to spice things up. So far i have:

DG Light Blue (summery fresh scent)
    Guess Man (fresh)
    Polo Double Black (night time wear)
    Bulgari Soir (night time wear)
    Burbury Britt (anytime)

On a side note, I go to school in Syracuse where it snows (no exagguration) everyday. So i prefer scent that I would be able to wear in a cold environment that would be "dark and sexy"-ish haha. I'm looking for another everyday / versatile scent, and so far the only one I have in mind is Hypnose Homme by Lancome. Any suggestions or tips guys (and gals ;] )?

Thanks a lot
    Joe
    "Never take life too seriously... you'll never make it out alive."

Trying to Trade:
    Ralph Lauren Polo Blue (75ml 100%)

Dependent

Default Re: A Few Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by muzicfreak2k3 View Post
    Ok... well I wouldn't exactly say that I'm "new" at the cologne game... but I definitely could use your guys help in looking for a new scent. Anyways to set the scene a little bit more... I'm an 18 year old college student and enjoy looking and smelling good haha. I already have a few scents, but am looking for another to add to my collection to spice things up. So far i have:

DG Light Blue (summery fresh scent)
    Guess Man (fresh)
    Polo Double Black (night time wear)
    Bulgari Soir (night time wear)
    Burbury Britt (anytime)

On a side note, I go to school in Syracuse where it snows (no exagguration) everyday. So i prefer scent that I would be able to wear in a cold environment that would be "dark and sexy"-ish haha. I'm looking for another everyday / versatile scent, and so far the only one I have in mind is Hypnose Homme by Lancome. Any suggestions or tips guys (and gals ;] )?

Thanks a lot
    Joe
    not all, but majority of "dark" sensual scents are a tad too offf tangent for college?. I would say Fahrenheit, but u may like many others(excluding me, coz i die by fahreheits)find it a little "old faasioned" or "rubbery". since u use the soir do u find that dark and sexy?im aking coz ive got a couple of soirs so i may roughly get ur idea of dark and sexy and for college wear......

im a fan of bvlgari and if u like soir for a night wear, im presuming ur daily activities would require a more casul scent. why i want to make this clear is that different age groups have diffrent impressions of sexy. and different requiremets. i thought ADgio was sexy when i was ur age till i found out half the world was wearing it along with me. Considering ur smellling good more for the ladies, then ADgio would be safe, its the typical scent a lady would easily feel atracted to and being 18, im sure u wanna smell ur best with the girls.

Other then smelling a little cucumberish and diluted, itslongevity is poor to boot. like i mentioned in previous threads, im using them on my sheets, pilows towels etc. coz they wouldnt last over4 hours.

I decided that after2 bottles of bvlgari aqva, maybe reverting back to ADG would be nice,the rest is history. Try Bvlgari Aqva, its longevity surpasses most marine scents by miles.though its a tad richer than ADG and a little less fresh smelling and dries down to a nice atural mossy scent....which i reckon would be nice for colder time and its got a warmess to its lingering notes

Many memebers would suggest Gucci envy, but then, its catching up with the younger crowd and chances are u may have a classmate wearing that too. I call it the modern classic, coz it allows a younger person to enjoy the woodsy and slightl powdery sillage which is how most 60s to late 70s classics used to smell like, just lackig the all important musk in devilsht amounts.

I usually recommend Bvg Extreme and aqva for those looking for college scents, since both are versatile. i;ll skip extreme, since the soir has the similar Darjeeling tea base.

check Solo by loewe, it citrus based bu ive worn it to semi formal occasions countless times.

last but not least, i must mention Leau Dissey, like i am so used to saying already, its my metrosexual scent, floral yet gender specific.

as with all advice, sampling first at ur local frag haunt b4 buying is he best option, if those u want to sample are not availabe, u can always hit the forum' market scetion

all the best

matt

Dark and sexy, but suitable for a classroom? Well, I'd suggest sampling Viktor and Rolf's Antidote. It's starts out light and refreshing with a lavender and citrus opening, but then progresses into a heart of spices with a touch of jasmine, and a woody vanilla drydown. Very nice, yet not so heavy that it can't be worn casually. (I think you'll like this if you like Hypnose, both have a fair bit of lavender)

Another perfect snowy day scent is Burberry London - boozy, woodsy, cinnamon, sweet and yet a bit dark and melancholic. It reminds me of the feeling of walking through snowy woods just before sunset.
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 10th August 2008 at 11:28 PM.

Sur la Plage

I second the Antidote and London - great choices.

You also may want to look into:

John Varvatos
    John Varvatos Vintage
    Comme des Garçons Parfum
    Gucci pour Homme
    Michael for Men by Michael Kors
    Rochas Lui
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Thanks a lot for the replies guy, I'll definitely check out Burberry London, Bulgari Aqua and the others this week when i get a chance.

Also, matthewfoo, I really appreciate the detailed response, you definitely understand what I'm trying to get at. I actually used to use my father's ADG, but then i realized that about 4/5 of my friends were/are wearing it, along with my brother and tons of other people that i know (which is not good in my opinion lol). I'm looking for something "classy" and "sexy."

But yeah anyways, I'm looking for something a little less "night-time-ish" (like the Double Black and Bulgari Soir) and that I'll be able to wear in class. I thought that Hypnose Homme was nice, yet not too "dark" like the other nighttime scents. And yeah I def do like smelling good for the ladies, although if I like the scent myself (which is a musttt) then it definitely increases my confidence all around haha (weird, but true lol).

Thanks again,
    Joe
    Last edited by muzicfreak2k3; 11th August 2008 at 01:20 AM.
    "Never take life too seriously... you'll never make it out alive."

Trying to Trade:
    Ralph Lauren Polo Blue (75ml 100%)

Where I live we get 200+ inches of snow and temps that regularly dip below zero. Hypnose Homme seems to wear well during the day in these conditions. Something a little more expensive ($85-100), but also a little more classy is Idole by Lubin. This is a very warm, boozy scent and although I've not yet worn it in winter I can imagine that it would be very nice on cold snowy days.
    Last edited by surreality; 11th August 2008 at 04:37 PM.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

Basenotes Institution

As mentioned above, please try Gucci Pour Homme.