Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Blog Entries

Default Re: Creed's claim of royalty and use of naturals (Turin content)

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    why are you so hell bent on singling out this one brand man...it's no longer funny anymore and it doesnt make you look cool. you are taking this discussion to the utmost depth of negativity with no value added whatsoever. your response basically comprises of two notes - Urine and Arse. common man...
    au contraire...my defensive friend....i feel you have become the 'negative' one.

i am simply offering the TRUTH. none of the information offered by Creed can be confirmed anywhere...that is the truth. you wanna prove me wrong, DO IT.

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Sandflowers - it doesn't remind me of a roiling ocean but instead stagnant water. I accidentally ordered 2 vials of Sandflowers, too.. whoops!
    you hit the nail on head man! tht's the image it evokes. btw, Sandflowers smell very ordinary close to skin....the magic is in its sillage...it'll grow on you with each wear, good you have 2 samples! give it a full wear! im sure it'll pleasantly suprise you...

Quote Originally Posted by everso View Post
    you wanna prove me wrong, DO IT.
    i definitely have better things to do. i might as well use that time to test my Brut splash on....

Boys! Boys!

Stop the Violence! We're all in the same gang!

Quote Originally Posted by T. Rex, Esq. View Post
    Boys! Boys!

Stop the Violence! We're all in the same gang!
    i quit. thnx T.rex.

I liked the discussion on Rolexes ..

BTW, the end of the world is near...(former) Ellena fanboy Chandler Burr gives Creeds Virgin Island Water 4 stars in his latest column (this following Malle praising Love in Black in Allure Sept '08 issue )..

http://www.nytimes.com/indexes/2008/...geName=17scent&
    Last edited by zztopp; 15th August 2008 at 03:41 AM.
    -

<< Olivier Creed has traveled the world [1] collecting rare coconuts, limes and bottles of rum to compose the bathtub-sized cocktail he drank before he decided to release something this close to Bath & Body Works Coconut Lime Verbena at eleven times the price. - pina colada * * >>

tongue- fu
    (better known as Tania Sanchez
    in: Perfumes The Guide)

[1]: "Virgin Island Water is an exotic blend of Lime from Jamaica, white Bergamot and Mandarin from Sicily with Herbaceous notes, Ylang Ylang and Jasmine from India on a base of Musk from Tonkin,Tropical woods, Coconut and Tiare Flower." - Source: creedfragances.co.uk
    Last edited by narcus; 15th August 2008 at 05:49 AM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Quote Originally Posted by narcus View Post
    "Olivier Creed has traveled the world collecting rare coconuts, limes and bottles of rum to compose the bathtub-sized cocktail he drank before before he decided to release something this close to Bath & Body Works Coconut Lime Verbena at eleven times the price. - pina colada "

tongue- fu ,
    (better known as Tania Sanchez in Perfumes The Guide)
    I will take Burrs review because its less susceptible to those times of the month ..
    -

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    I liked the discussion on Rolexes ..

BTW, the end of the world is near...(former) Ellena fanboy Chandler Burr gives Creeds Virgin Island Water 4 stars in his latest column (this following Malle praising Love in Black in Allure Sept '08 issue )..

http://www.nytimes.com/indexes/2008/...geName=17scent&
    Thanks for the link. You know, I keep teetering on bottling on VIW. It may just happen. I agree with TS that it's just a bit ordinary - like my favorite sunscreen - but I also agree with Burr that it's good at what it does. In the end, I think this is one more time where the text of the Turin/Sanchez review is something I agree with, but the stars I do not.

I wonder if Burr has reviewed Bath & Body Works Coconut Lime Verbena. It would be interesting to see if that got 4 stars, too.

Whoops. All this civilized Creed talk has to be w-a-a-a-y OT. Choc! Scandale! What will we do?

Content Removed By Moderator Request.
    Last edited by T. Rex, Esq.; 15th August 2008 at 06:40 AM.

I'm loving this thread a LOT

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Okay, by calling Tania Sanchez "Tongue Fu" because she's Asian and implying that her period or "times of the month" has to do with her reviews is:

a. Racist.

and

b. Sexist.

[DustB or Chris here. I've removed content here.]
    Gents we can all use the personal message feature to pass messages and questions about taste and choices of words/concepts. The public boards aren't the place for racist or sexist associations, assignations, or suggestions, naturally. Neither are the public boards the place for other fowl language. On the boards here we can fix things but it isn't a place for fights or flames.
    Thank you all, again,
    --Chris
    Last edited by DustB; 15th August 2008 at 06:55 AM.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Oh, and also, T.Rex, this doesn't have anything to do with dismissal of members or their thoughts for perceived association with particular manufacturers (TM in superscript here). Anyone can say hey, what's written is offensive, and that usually is enough.

luca turin | November 10, 2005, 6:17 : << Tania, if your fists are as fast as your tongue and typing fingers, then the Dragon is definitely back :-) >>

Tania Sanchez | November 10, 2005, 6:50 : << :D When I talk too much in class, my teacher says, "You need to work on kung fu, not tongue fu." >>

(Source: Luca Turin blog)
    Last edited by narcus; 15th August 2008 at 06:33 AM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Quote Originally Posted by narcus View Post
    luca turin | November 10, 2005, 6:17 : << Tania, if your fists are as fast as your tongue and typing fingers, then the Dragon is definitely back :-) >>

Tania Sanchez | November 10, 2005, 6:50 : << :D When I talk too much in class, my teacher says, "You need to work on kung fu, not tongue fu." >>

(Source: Luca Turin blog)
    I stand corrected. I misread your intentions and I apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    Oh, and also, T.Rex, this doesn't have anything to do with dismissal of members or their thoughts for perceived association with particular manufacturers (TM in superscript here). Anyone can say hey, what's written is offensive, and that usually is enough.
    Then why are Creed fanatics the only people here who go after critics personally for not liking their Precious Darlings? You don't see Mr. Guerlain freaking out and accusing Luca Turin of being a fraud because he gave several of the Guerlains two or fewer stars. Several of my favorites took a beating from Turin and Sanchez and Burr, too. That doesn't mean I think they're bad, stupid, dishonest people, a logical leap that seems to consistently evade Emmanuel's disciples. (Along with spell check and the proper use of homonyms.)

Then why are Creed fanatics the only people here who go after critics personally for not liking their Precious Darlings? You don't see Mr. Guerlain freaking out and accusing Luca Turin of being a fraud because he gave several of the Guerlains two or fewer stars. Several of my favorites took a beating from Turin and Sanchez and Burr, too. That doesn't mean I think they're bad, stupid, dishonest people, a logical leap that seems to consistently evade Emmanuel's disciples. (Along with spell check and the proper use of homonyms.)
    Gotcha. Score 50 for T.Rex! Whoa, I'm persuaded. Write me down as a follower. I don't know why or how I could have thought otherwise.

I misspell many words. I write run-on sentences. I put in too many commas or not enough. I have to look up words. I make plenty of mistakes as I try to communicate. Sometimes I communicate poorly.

Thank you for removing your content above.

I think this thread has run its course. Very likely I'll close it. Sorry for all inconvenience everyone.

PM me if there are things you want me to know or think about regarding my decisions.
    --Chris