Code of Conduct

Exclamation An interview with new Guerlain in-house perfumer, Thierry Wasser

Filling the Gilded Shoes of Guerlain - an interview with new in-house perfumer, Thierry Wasser

It must feel a bit daunting when you receive an honourable request to be heir apparent to one of the most celebrated French Perfume and Cosmetics Houses in the world!* Especially when you are not a blood relative of the perfumed peerage Guerlain family. Marian Bendeth interviews Guerlain's new in-house perfumer, Thierry Wasser, and finds out how he feels about his new role; his relationship with Jean-Paul Guerlain and the future of the Paris-based house.

More...
    Last edited by Grant; 11th August 2008 at 07:12 PM.

Default Re: An interview with new Guerlain in-house perfumer, Thierry Wasser

Thank so much you for the article!

Interesting article and interview. Reading it, I hoped Wasser would end up being good for the house of Guerlain. But history tells me that's probably a futile hope. In their chase for short-term profits these corporations always make the facile choice instead of the one that would preserve the legacy.

Loved the article, hope for the best for the future of Guerlain, but have my doubts, too.

Shouldn't comment Guerlain Homme before sniffing it, but it shares many ingredients with YSL Live Jazz which was launched about ten years ago, and rhubarb was used both in it and YSL Baby Doll (and later by some other houses) so is it really that unusual?
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

When I open basenotes and see his picture I keep thinking that Jerry O'Connel is on the front of the page.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan