Code of Conduct

Default Using cocoa absolute in solid

I think I may already know the answer to my own question, but I'll throw it out here anyway...

I know that cocoa absolute is a bit on the viscous side. My question: Will it mix well enough to use in a solid perfume? I got a fantastic chocolate and saffron body oil from Aftelier, and I'd like to duplicate it as a solid, if possible.
    Life is a banquet...and I got botulism! -- Me

Default Re: Using cocoa absolute in solid

I find it just doesn't blend with jojoba oil at all. Works great in perfumer's alcohol, though. Has anyone had success with oils?

I may just adapt it as a liquid. Mandy Aftel uses cocoa abs. in her Cacao perfume, after all. (And it's quite nice.)
    Life is a banquet...and I got botulism! -- Me

hi
    i'm new to the community. i am also interested in the cocoa absoulute. it is my understanding that this absolute will not mix well with oils because it is only water soluable; and that it will blend well with creams and lotions, and other water based bases. i understand that even though it is a liquidy consistancy it should still be used sparingly because it is concentrated. and as with all essential oils and absolutes, there is that complexity inherant in the fragrance(s) that can be used to your advantage. you might try looking up turkey red oil and find out the oils properties maybe that might help. its supposed to assist in mixing oils and watery materials together. i dont know if that will solve your problem but it's worth looking up to see.

If you want to do a solid, why not just use cocoa butter?