Code of Conduct

Smile I'll Take A Order of HELP With That Please...

Hey guys. me here, again, bugging you nice ppl on your beautiful Sunday for some fragrance help.
    So like I was saying a couple of days ago I wanted to get some SMW, from Saks.. So I went to the city on Saturday Hoping to buy it and at the same time, I was smelling the samples that I got from Aedes... of (SMW) which smelled nice but I also was smelling Straight to Heaven.. on the other hand which I also thought smelled very nice.. so then I didn't know which one to get, and I came back home, empty handed :-( (I did not end up at Saks) now the dilemma is which one should I get first of the two (I think I'm gonna get both, but at different times)... College is starting in like two weeks, So I want a new Smelly.. I want one that will be nice non-offensive, and girls should like it (really like it, aka. compliment king)....;-), and it should have some have edgy kinda feel to it.

My Personality is like this: One part Angry Young Man, Two Parts Joker/ Makes Everyone Laugh, One Part very Nice, and Three Parts Awesome/Crazy.

So If you guys could give me your two cents it would be nice, since I'm stuck at the decision board....

Thanks In Advance.
    Any Knowledge Is Good Knowledge For Me.......

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: I'll Take A Order of HELP With That Please...

is a question for SamplerMike,but you need Polo Crest
    Last edited by Dry_Martini; 10th August 2008 at 07:29 PM.
    #TOP 5#: Antico Caruso, Penhaligons Racquets,Creed BayRhum Vetiver,Domenico Caraceni,Castle Forbes 1445

Default Re: I'll Take A Order of HELP With That Please...

Crest Is still made?? I thought They stopped making it. or am I wrong...??
    Last edited by deadhacker; 10th August 2008 at 07:43 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: I'll Take A Order of HELP With That Please...

you can find in e-bay
    #TOP 5#: Antico Caruso, Penhaligons Racquets,Creed BayRhum Vetiver,Domenico Caraceni,Castle Forbes 1445

lolz, I really wanted to smell Crest at one time, But then I never Actually could find it... As you might know , I usually say no to eBay. but thanks for the thought

Post Thanks / Like

lolz-guy, you insist on making life more difficult than it needs to be.

Buy SMW from Costco and be happy. You will have bought an authentic fresh fragrance and have money left over to wine and dine the ladies you meet wearing it.
    Last edited by TwoRoads; 10th August 2008 at 09:27 PM.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post

Buy SMW from Costco and be happy. You will have bought an authentic fresh fragrance and have money left over to wine and dine the ladies you meet wearing it.
    I agree with TwoRoads.

If you know you like SMW, buy it online at a discounted price - there are many reputable dealers. And then put the money you saved towards another fragrance, possibly Straight to Heaven (but you are going to need to save up a lot more to purchase that)
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Smile Re: I'll Take A Order of HELP With That Please...

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I agree with TwoRoads.

If you know you like SMW, buy it online at a discounted price - there are many reputable dealers. And then put the money you saved towards another fragrance, possibly Straight to Heaven (but you are going to need to save up a lot more to purchase that)

for some weird reason I've noticed that the 07 batch is very different on me then say the 08 or 06... on top of that SMW at retail cost much more then Straight to Heaven....(240 in NYC with taxes) compared to SMW which cost (270ish with taxes).

but I'm guessing you mean costco and stuff...lolz.

lolz and in my Personality I should also write Six parts Difficult to deal with....;-)

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deadhacker View Post
    for some weird reason I've noticed that the 07 batch is very different on me then say the 08 or 06... on top of that SMW at retail cost much more then Straight to Heaven....(240 in NYC with taxes) compared to SMW which cost (270ish with taxes).

but I'm guessing you mean costco and stuff...lolz.
    But isn't the SMW a 4oz bottle and the Straight to Heaven 1.7oz?
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Post Thanks / Like

for some weird reason I've noticed that the 07 batch is very different on me then say the 08 or 06...
    I am sure that Creed makes many batches throughout the year. All 07 batches will not smell the same.

As long as a batch is within the tolerances established by the manufacturer (plus X% to minus X%), it will pass inspection and be offered for sale to the public. SMW, like all other fragrances, will vary slightly from batch to batch. Comparing a batch at the minus X% limit to a batch at the plus X% limit, the differences can sometimes be very noticeable.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

I am sure that Creed makes many batches throughout the year. All 07 batches will not smell the same.

As long as a batch is within the tolerances established by the manufacturer (plus X% to minus X%), it will pass inspection and be offered for sale to the public. SMW, like all other fragrances, will vary slightly from batch to batch. Comparing a batch at the minus X% limit to a batch at the plus X% limit, the differences can sometimes be very noticeable.
    Thats what happened to me,The second sample I got from Aedes smells weird on me, It was a different tester I think. The first one smelled like heaven, and the funny thing is I had 12 different types of Montales on strips and one of SMW in a bag, when I came back home from Aedes, I kept on getting this very nice smell and I was like what smellie is this, I went all out crazy and started checking all the strips one by one, and all smelled similar (the disgusting Auod note) except the SMW, beating the 12 Aoud scents I tried that day..

Post Thanks / Like

SMW is not edgy. But it is the best fragrance that I personally have ever worn. I see that alot of your threads are asking about SMW. Just buy it!

Morning Star

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like you might be tacitly assuming that "more expensive" means "smells better". There's often approximate correlation, but it's not a sine qua non by which you should be living. I tried Straight to Heaven at The Scent Bar a week ago. I love the boozy smell of it, but it doesn't last on my skin very long. Also, the whole buy-our-$110-sexy-magical-box marketing gimmick is just an annoying way to gently coerce you into buying refills later on, thereby allowing your other fine smellies to languish in your refrigerated archives. The first dime bag of heroin is always free, after all. If you like high-quality, boozy fragrances, and would ordinarily plan on getting at least one 50ml refill of Straight to Heaven (for a total cost of $340!), I would buy the equally-good Bois 1920 Extreme for less than half the cost of 100ml total. It's amazing, and it really lasts.

Creed Silver Mountain Water is very good too, albeit more expensive per milliliter. The availability of a 1.0oz bottle is a great selling point for someone with lots of fragrances already, however, since you'll be going through it more slowly. Your suggestion of Straight to Heaven, however, suggests you're looking for something stodgy and well-heeled. Creed Bois du Portugal (one of my favorites) or "Vintage" Tabaróme might be a better choice.

Quote Originally Posted by bfree View Post
    SMW is not edgy. But it is the best fragrance that I personally have ever worn. I see that alot of your threads are asking about SMW. Just buy it!
    lolz your absolutely right there, I admit it. I have been obsessed with SMW lately, but I do that with everything in my life so thats normal for me...

I Think I'm also gonna try out Le Labo 31.. there's alot of hype to this one to.... (wow its expensive, I just checked the price.)

Who is Le Labo 31 suited for anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
    It sounds like you might be tacitly assuming that "more expensive" means "smells better". There's often approximate correlation, but it's not a sine qua non by which you should be living. I tried Straight to Heaven at The Scent Bar a week ago. I love the boozy smell of it, but it doesn't last on my skin very long. Also, the whole buy-our-$110-sexy-magical-box marketing gimmick is just an annoying way to gently coerce you into buying refills later on, thereby allowing your other fine smellies to languish in your refrigerated archives. The first dime bag of heroin is always free, after all. If you like high-quality, boozy fragrances, and would ordinarily plan on getting at least one 50ml refill of Straight to Heaven (for a total cost of $340!), I would buy the equally-good Bois 1920 Extreme for less than half the cost of 100ml total. It's amazing, and it really lasts.

Creed Silver Mountain Water is very good too, albeit more expensive per milliliter. The availability of a 1.0oz bottle is a great selling point for someone with lots of fragrances already, however, since you'll be going through it more slowly. Your suggestion of Straight to Heaven, however, suggests you're looking for something stodgy and well-heeled. Creed Bois du Portugal (one of my favorites) or "Vintage" Tabaróme might be a better choice.
    Astaroth I don't actually assume that the "more expensive" scent "smells better" in anyway, I'm just a very unsure guy when it comes to scent.... If I had my way I would want to buy every scent that I have smelled, but I usually get stuck afterwards trying to figure why I became so crazy, about the scent that led me into investing a small fortune on the darn thing in the first place.

Post Thanks / Like

If you're looking for Edgy, look elsewhere.... as someone has already pointed out. The Straight to Heaven is edgy, a bit.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry--what is "SMW"? Thanks.

Morning Star

Post Thanks / Like

Astaroth I don't actually assume that the "more expensive" scent "smells better" in anyway, I'm just a very unsure guy when it comes to scent.... If I had my way I would want to buy every scent that I have smelled, but I usually get stuck afterwards trying to figure why I became so crazy, about the scent that led me into investing a small fortune on the darn thing in the first place.
    Ohhhh, yeah. I'm sure everyone on BN has their own stories about this, including myself. I've certainly made purchases of 100ml bottles which, at the rate I'm using them now, my great grandchildren will still be using them. If I were to eat raw lard until I tripled my skin's surface area, and hired nubile sex slaves to rub fragrances into my amorphous, reeking corpus at every stroke of the hour, I'd never get through all the bottles I have currently. We buy these goodies, to varying degrees, for purely psychological reasons. Yeah, sure, they smell great, but it's emotionally satisfying to spend money. Marketing works!

Don't sweat it. You're doing it the right way. You're bouncing the upcoming purchases (especially the really expensive ones) off of other people before pulling the trigger. They can put some of the alternatives in front of you that you might not see at the time. Land O' Goshen, if I lived in your city, I'd have automatic payroll deduction with Aedes de Venustas and be living in a tent in Washington Square Park. Congratulations on showing some restraint!

Ohhhh, yeah. I'm sure everyone on BN has their own stories about this, including myself. I've certainly made purchases of 100ml bottles which, at the rate I'm using them now, my great grandchildren will still be using them. If I were to eat raw lard until I tripled my skin's surface area, and hired nubile sex slaves to rub fragrances into my amorphous, reeking corpus at every stroke of the hour, I'd never get through all the bottles I have currently. We buy these goodies, to varying degrees, for purely psychological reasons. Yeah, sure, they smell great, but it's emotionally satisfying to spend money. Marketing works!

Don't sweat it. You're doing it the right way. You're bouncing the upcoming purchases (especially the really expensive ones) off of other people before pulling the trigger. They can put some of the alternatives in front of you that you might not see at the time. Land O' Goshen, if I lived in your city, I'd have automatic payroll deduction with Aedes de Venustas and be living in a tent in Washington Square Park. Congratulations on showing some restraint!
    I just about fell off my chair from laughter after reading this, which happens very rarely!!
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Morning Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by andylama View Post
    Sorry--what is "SMW"? Thanks.
    Creed Silver Mountain Water

Talking Re: I'll Take A Order of HELP With That Please...

I loved your post so much, that I actually went out to Saks and bought a 4.0oz bottle of SMW today.. so thank you for the right inspiration..

I honestly can't believe that samplermike hasn't jumped in on this thread.

This is so up his alley. He should be here vociferously denying that there's any variation at all in your Creed unless it's fake. Did you check the bottle thoroughly? What's the lot number?

Quote Originally Posted by T. Rex, Esq. View Post
    I honestly can't believe that samplermike hasn't jumped in on this thread.

This is so up his alley. He should be here vociferously denying that there's any variation at all in your Creed unless it's fake. Did you check the bottle thoroughly? What's the lot number?
    Mike doesn't like SMW, I was talking to him before about this. About the variation there is a huge, and I MEAN HUGE ASS DIFFERENCE in the two SMW I tested and bought. The one at Aedes smelled so foul, I felt like vomiting but the one at Saks smelled like heaven... So there is a huge difference... Even though the two are both authorized Creed Dealers (I asked about Aedes they check out)....you guys that don't like Creed, Should really try the testers at Saks or NM because there is a difference.

About the variation there is a huge, and I MEAN HUGE ASS DIFFERENCE in the two SMW I tested and bought. The one at Aedes smelled so foul, I felt like vomiting but the one at Saks smelled like heaven... So there is a huge difference....
    You know, it's stories like this that make me just not even want to bother. If it costs *THAT* much and the fragrance house has *THAT* much of an attitude, then these kinds of basic quality concerns should never, ever, ever be an issue. I've smelled somewhere between 8 and 10 different Creeds and they varied from "Meh..." to "Oh, GOD, get that AWAY from my face!!" but according to your experience, I don't even know if I was smelling the real smells in some of those cases.

A legitimate fragrance house shouldn't have these issues. I defer to Scentiments on this score:

http://community.basenotes.net/showt...ote#post860438

Creed as a house by its very nature is a anachronism. Simple formulas using mostly natural ingredients to produce simple effects. A house base that pretty much runs through all their fragrances. Very original and very innovative. Not. What many people fail to understand is that in terms of the huge achievements of modern perfumery, Olivier Creed is, relativley speaking, little more than an amateur with lots of money mixing essential oils, while the great perfumers such as François Coty, Ernest Beaux, Earnest Daltroff, Jean Carles, Edmond Roundnitska, Jean Paul Guerlain, Jean Kerleo, to name a few, have produced monuments of originality through the intersection of chemistry and art and have defined the direction of modern perfumery and its perfumes.
    Shazam!!

You know, it's stories like this that make me just not even want to bother. If it costs *THAT* much and the fragrance house has *THAT* much of an attitude, then these kinds of basic quality concerns should never, ever, ever be an issue. I've smelled somewhere between 8 and 10 different Creeds and they varied from "Meh..." to "Oh, GOD, get that AWAY from my face!!" but according to your experience, I don't even know if I was smelling the real smells in some of those cases.

A legitimate fragrance house shouldn't have these issues. I defer to Scentiments on this score:

Shazam!!
    lol, Your Absolutely Right, I think there drunk when they make these smellies... ;-)

Morning Star

Post Thanks / Like

I loved your post so much, that I actually went out to Saks and bought a 4.0oz bottle of SMW today.. so thank you for the right inspiration..
    That's what I'm here for. I'm just a shameless unwitting shill for the industry. I've got that Ol' Time Religion.

Reading your posts, I actually think you should check out the older offerings by Comme des Garcons. I can give you specifics, but I encourage you to check out the huge range that they offer.

And stop obsessing on the SMW. Its fine, but something tells me that you might bet bored with it.

-Slim
    Haikus are easy
    But do not always make sense
    Refrigerator

And here (just search for Slim):
    http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/current-splits

Post Thanks / Like

Shazam!!
    Your post is exactly what has scared me away from pulling the trigger on GIT or Himilaya or any of the others I might like. So I'm paying a ton of money and trying to go upper crest here and I can't trust what juice I'm going to get from real dealers?That irks me. I still want some but not in a hurry.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan