Code of Conduct

Default Please Suggest a Woody Musk

I am looking for suggestions for a woody musk, or a musky wood scent to get as an aftershave. I'm not really sure where to even start. Would prefer a designer scent if possible. Thanks for your help
    Don't Smell the Flowers,
    They're an Evil Drug to Make You Lose Your Mind --- Dio

Smile Re: Please Suggest a Woody Musk

Azzaro Visit is an absolute must...

.................................................. ...................I'm gonna memorize your name.. and then i'm gonna throw my head away!!........:bounce:.............

Default Re: Please Suggest a Woody Musk

By Montale:
    Musk to Musk

Not an aoud scent (as far as I know), released rather recently, and is under the radar at this point.

I liked it - there was no vanilla or any sweet spices in this one, just a rather sharpish musk rounded out by wood notes. You can get samples at Luckyscent.

The original Polo by Ralph Lauren
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Musk from Villoresi
    L'amour fait songer, vivre et croire. Il a, pour réchauffer le coeur, un rayon de plus que la gloire; et ce rayon, c'est le bonheur. (Victor HUGO)

Caron Yatagan
    Aramis

Woody musk, designer, available as an aftershave= Bulgari Pour Homme.
    The Original one, not the Extreme.

I forgot to mention Bois et Musc from Serge Lutens.
    Based on Cedar but very nice as well.

My appreciation of most musks is much more theoretical than practical, with Muscs Koublaï Khän being the ultimate sensual animalic musk. Bois et Musc (a 1992 Chris Sheldrake creation) is a much more restrained fragrance, pairing vegetal musk with Atlas cedarwood. Like Muscs Koublaï Khän, it is sweet and animalistic, however cedar softens the musky notes and lends a satiny counterpoint. Whereas Muscs Koublaï Khän is a Luis Buñuel film, shocking and erotic, Bois et Musc is a much softer take on the sensual aspect of musk. It has an interesting quality of appearing much more innocuous than it really is by starting out gently sweet and smooth and then revealing its more animalic side in the drydown. Perhaps, not as innovative as Muscs Koublaï Khän, but more wearable for me. Bois de Jasmin, July 2005.
    Last edited by Night; 14th August 2008 at 05:41 AM.
    L'amour fait songer, vivre et croire. Il a, pour réchauffer le coeur, un rayon de plus que la gloire; et ce rayon, c'est le bonheur. (Victor HUGO)