Code of Conduct

Default My final days of non-niche for the summer

This is the final week of my foray into non-niche scents for a while. After a month of testing out newer and untested designer and mass scents only THREE have made me happy: Intimately Beckham, Emporio Diamonds, and Blue Sugar with Prada getting much respect but no love.

I say my last day because all scent testing niche as well will take a break now that my work is getting into high gear. So sad for me but I'm close to making another disappearing act like I did in 2005.

Wal-Mart

Mustang - vile. Some tobacco sweetness made me lunge for the bottle until the foulest plasticy green barf odor churned out of my arm. Lunged for the shower uinstead.

Antonio Banderas Spirit Man - Not bad smells like a whore though. Cheap candy smelling spicy fougere. I'd actually buy this and keep it in my slutdrobe with my Jovan Sex Appeal and Spark. Its not new but I'd never tried it before.

McGraw - FOILED! Someone stole the tester!!! So I went to Sears where SOMEONE HAD STOLE THE TESTER AGAIN! I'm not meant to smell this.

Macys

Emporio Diamonds - test # 3 - Along with Diesel Fuel for Life this is the best designer scent I've tried all summer. The coffee notes ooze out so slowly around the light vanilla accords. It actually has a diamond like quality to it in its sharpness.

Davidoff Adventure - test #2 - not that bad. The citrus stays on top for a while. Its nothing original but its nothing horrid either.

Sephora

212 Sexy Man - One question: Why did Herrera feel the need to re-create Le Male?

Blue Sugar - YAY! A gourmand with licorice that kicks in and IS noticeable. I can smell like good & plenty again.

Gucci

Gucci - I'll comment more fully later but for now NO. This was boring and plain.

Neiman Marcus

Prada Infusion - commented on it in on the Prada thread. Great smelling soap shouldn't cost this much.

Cheers,
    Al
    Last edited by anak; 13th August 2008 at 06:25 AM.

Default Re: My final days of non-niche for the summer

I'm glad you said that about Beckham. I keep smelling it and come away impressed. What were your overall thoughts. I didn't see it on the list above.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ToughCool View Post
    I'm glad you said that about Beckham. I keep smelling it and come away impressed. What were your overall thoughts. I didn't see it on the list above.
    wow i didn't realise that someone actually likes Blue Sugar.

they gave me about 10 samples of this last time i went to Sephora...i threw em all away...it was hopeless! smelled like somone rubbed cotton candy into my skin...really bad.

Everso, did they give you the woman's version? The woman's Aqualina smells just like cottton candy but Blue Sugar smells nothing like cotton candy. If you said you smelled like Good and Plenty and it was cloying and revolting I'd see your point but cotton candy??? Then again you and I seem (from the board postings) to be on way opposite ends of the fragrance fence. I love many Creeds dislike Bond no. 9 etc. You and I should never exchange scents as gifts 8^P

As for Intimately Beckham, Toughcool, I reviewed it before so I didn't want to belabor people but I find it to be warm rich and spicy with robust spicy softened by amber with a comforting tonka bean bade accord that stays. It's like a warm glass of bourbon.

Cheers,
    Al

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anak View Post
    Everso, did they give you the woman's version? The woman's Aqualina smells just like cottton candy but Blue Sugar smells nothing like cotton candy. If you said you smelled like Good and Plenty and it was cloying and revolting I'd see your point but cotton candy??? Then again you and I seem (from the board postings) to be on way opposite ends of the fragrance fence. I love many Creeds dislike Bond no. 9 etc. You and I should never exchange scents as gifts 8^P

As for Intimately Beckham, Toughcool, I reviewed it before so I didn't want to belabor people but I find it to be warm rich and spicy with robust spicy softened by amber with a comforting tonka bean bade accord that stays. It's like a warm glass of bourbon.

Cheers,
    Al
    oh it DEFINITELY smells like nasty bags of cotton candy! it was definitely the men's Blue Sugar...i know that my wife and i were both laughing when we whiffed it.....one of the worst scents i've ever smelled!

we are not that different y'know? that DK Men in your avatar was one of the first scents i ever owned, and one of my all time favourite fragrances
    Last edited by everso; 17th August 2008 at 06:57 PM.