Code of Conduct

Question Bond fragrances versus life style

Alright, most of you have smelled at one time or another some the Bonds fragrance and which you would wear for a specific event or occasion.

Please choose between the following:

BOND NO. 9 BLEECKER ST
    BOND NO. 9 CENTRAL PARK
    BOND NO. 9 EAU DE NEW YORK
    BOND NO. 9 HAMPTONS
    BOND NO. 9 GREAT JONES
    BOND NO. 9 NEW HAARLEM
    BOND NO. 9 RIVERSIDE DRIVE
    BOND NO. 9 WALL STREET
    BOND NO. 9 WEST SIDE
    BOND NO. 9 CHEZ BONDS

1) Casual daily wear for shopping/out dining, etc... not work related - Designer jeans, shirt or t-shirt, Italian casual shoes
    2) First date
    3) Wedding - Formal wear
    4) Clubs/partying
    5) Park walks, sports
    6) Work ( trendy clothing pants/polo shirts "no suits" )

Which one would you associate to what occasion and do you believe there is a bond that could be good for all of these occasions. Thanks for your input.
    Last edited by ede_desire; 14th August 2008 at 07:36 AM.

Default Re: Bond fragrances versus life style

1) Central Park
    2) Wall Street
    3) Chez Bond
    4) West Side
    5) Riverside Drive
    6) Eau de New York

(I actually got a face to the neck from a girl I work with at happy hour yesterday with Central Park)
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

1. New Haarlem (also Chinatown or Nuits de NoHo)
    2. Central Park (also Gramercy Park or Chelsea Flowers)
    3. Wall Street (also Silver Factory)
    4. West Side (definitely!)
    5. Hamptons (also Little Italy, Coney Island and Scent of Peace)
    6. Bleeker Street

only one I did not smell yet would be West Side , Haarlem, need to smell Central Park sounds very interesting Thank you.

Im interested in what everyone thinks - Feel free to add to the scents that aren't listed too.

1. This really depends on where you live - here it is always hot so I would say Central Park and Bleecker Street. In a colder environment I would think ones like Haarlem would be safe.
    2. Wall Street (also West Broadway)
    3. Chez Bond
    4. West Side, New Haarlem,
    5. Central Park, Bleecker Street, Riverside Drive
    6. Bleecker Street, Scent of Peace, Central Park

Yeah I love Bleecker Street, but its incredibly versatile which is why I listed it three times. It's very casual, yet works great on a nice day out to the park or something light in the office.

I'm really unsure of where to put Silver Factory, other than Formal wear does anyone know a good time to wear it would be?

1) Wall Street
    2) Riverside Drive
    3) Silver Factory, Chinatown
    4) West Side
    5) Coney Island
    6) Bleecker Street

My favorite, at least the best masculine IMHO, is Riverside Drive, my next fav being Saks 5th Ave for Men. I like both Wall Street and Eau de New York, but I find them to be a little too much on the feminine side. I LOVE New Haarlem because I love gourmands, and this is a wonderful, rich gourmand. The problem is I already own TMA*Men Pure Coffee and I don't need two coffee gourmands.

Little Italy is lots of fun, but I don't find myself needing a sweet citrus that often.

I think the great thing about Bond is that most of them can really be worn anywhere, anytime - casual or formal. I'd say Silver Factory is more formal, but I don't like it so it's a moot point.

Oh yeah bbBD. I completely forgot about Saks for Him. It's really moving up in my rankings... I would have included it in my reply if I did it again. It's one of my girlfriend's favorites so that really helps, too!

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    Oh yeah bbBD. I completely forgot about Saks for Him. It's really moving up in my rankings... I would have included it in my reply if I did it again. It's one of my girlfriend's favorites so that really helps, too!
    Good to see someone else with West Broadway - I feel thats a very underrated Bond.

I do too... I don't find myself wearing it terribly often, but it's absolutely a well made and balanced scent to me. I believe it's earned its way into next week's menu now

Quote Originally Posted by s0me0nesmind1 View Post
    Good to see someone else with West Broadway - I feel thats a very underrated Bond.

1) Central Park
    2) Nouveau Bowery
    3) Wall Street
    4) New Haarlem
    5) Coney Island
    6) Gramercy Park

Great suggestions guys!!

Bought a 3.4 oz Bleecker Street, I am happy with that purchase. Next week I want to get a 1.7 of Riverside Drive with either GIT or Chez Bonds. The only problem I am afraid of getting a bad GIT since the only way for me to get one would be online. Which site would be a good one to purchase fresh GIT from? who also ships to Canada

Morning Star

Quote Originally Posted by ede_desire View Post
    Which site would be a good one to purchase fresh [Green Irish Tweed] from? who also ships to Canada
    I'd be a little careful about that whole "ships to Canada" thing. Perhaps others could correct me on this, but I've been reading that many online stores ship to Canada via ground transportation. This seems like a really bad idea, since the Midwest part of the United States gets rather hot at this time of year. If you're buying a single bottle, and cannot influence the chosen vendor to ship by air, I would try to get someone to buy locally for you instead. Creed is expensive stuff; you wouldn't want it being exposed to high temperatures on the way.

I'd like to bump this thread because I'm looking for some more opinions here: I absolutely love the whole Bond line up and have about 10 of their scents. What I am having absolute trouble with is finding which scent to wear out (party, club, night time social), because I can never seem to get a single compliment, even a sniff. Some people mention West Side is a good party scent, but to my nose it seems to stay close to the skin like Bleecker Street. Is my nose deceiving me?

Quote Originally Posted by s0me0nesmind1 View Post
    Some people mention West Side is a good party scent, but to my nose it seems to stay close to the skin like Bleecker Street. Is my nose deceiving me?
    I'm afraid so... I've gone out to bars/clubs, etc with people wearing both (and they're much less liberal than I might be for such an event) and I can catch whiffs of them all evening. Both are really nice.