Code of Conduct

Default GREY FLANNEL v EAU de GREY FLANNEL ** YOUR FAVORITE

Which of these two do you prefer ?
    Are they similiar ?
    Should the 1996 release be avoided ?
    A little info below & a breif description .

Chypre, Fresh, Powdery.
    Created in 1976, Grey Flannel is a classic, oriental, woody fragrance .
    It's fragrant nature explores essences of lemon, geranium and cedarwood. Blended with notes of musk, bergamont, oakmoss, sandalwood, violet and sage .

Citrus, Fresh, Marine .
    Released in 1996, Eau De Grey Flannel is a refreshing, woody, mossy, fragrance.
    TOP NOTES : Bergamot, Freesia and Citrus
    MIDDLE NOTES Orange, Lavender and Cardamom
    BASE NOTES : Coriander - Sandalwood and Moss.

Default Re: GREY FLANNEL v EAU de GREY FLANNEL ** YOUR FAVORITE

I hate Grey Flannel. I don't understand why so many people consider it a classic....It smells very artificial. I gave my bottle for free at the marketplace.

Not similar at all. The original is king! A classic up there with the likes of Kouros - just as bold but in a completely different way. Eau de Grey Flannel is an ok aquatic, but there is seriously no comparison between the two. Knowing your tastes, Grey Flannel is what you need.

And I'll be the first to disagree with Lucius and say that it smells, while a bit harsh in the top notes, amazingly natural thereafter. The oakmoss and sandalwood drydown is heavenly.

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Not similar at all. The original is king! A classic up there with the likes of Kouros - just as bold but in a completely different way. Eau de Grey Flannel is an ok aquatic, but there is seriously no comparison between the two. And I'll be the first to disagree with Lucius and say that it smells, while a bit harsh in the top notes, amazingly natural thereafter.
    I completely agree. Grey Flannel is unique and a classic. It comes from a heavier time, and the violet note has fallen out of favor, so it is not everyone's cup of tea. (Violet tea? Hmm.) Try before you buy.

Eau de Grey Flannel really has nothing to do with the original. It is very nice in its own way, a largely competent take on aquatics. Of the two, Eau de Grey Flannel would probably be liked by more people, but Grey Flannel is loved (and hated) by more.

Personally, I would rather have a bottle of Bowling Green than Eau de Grey Flannel. Fragrances such as Bowling Green, Vetiver, and Eau Suavage show that light can be done with class and without following the aquatic herd.

I'm right with SculptureOfSoul and Advocate: Grey Flannel shakes the planet and Eau de Grey flannel is a wet spill on the floor.

I picked up a $5 bottle of EdGF because I like GF so much but it went no where on me. Big bottle too--120ml--but it is striking in how dull it is. Renato has argued well for a while that it's got mossy roots like the original, but I've never smelled them come out.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Grey Flannel is the stronger, more unique smelling one - which I've never liked much. A small bottle of it goes for $15 at My Chemist at the moment - a small cost for a classic.

Eau de Grey Flannel I like better than Grey Flannel, but it smells a bit cheap most of the time. That said, when worn in warm weather it excells somewhat, and smells surprisingly good.

I've got 60ml bottles of each which I bought as a set from Dimmeys some years, back for around $20.
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 14th August 2008 at 04:42 PM.

Not similar at all. The original is king! A classic up there with the likes of Kouros - just as bold but in a completely different way. Eau de Grey Flannel is an ok aquatic, but there is seriously no comparison between the two. Knowing your tastes, Grey Flannel is what you need.

And I'll be the first to disagree with Lucius and say that it smells, while a bit harsh in the top notes, amazingly natural thereafter. The oakmoss and sandalwood drydown is heavenly.
    What he said.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Dennard View Post
    What he said.
    What they said.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Dudes you are all coming thru loud & clear !!
    I'll spill the beans soon .
    Anyway we really needed a thread like this and thats why I posted it .

Yes, Grey Flannel satisfies deeply if you're in a rough and ready retro mood. There're links with Fahrenheit in the drydown, which is a good thing.

Smile Re: GREY FLANNEL v EAU de GREY FLANNEL ** YOUR FAVORITE

Grey Flannel.. Although I cannot wear this due to the nasty top notes.. It still is the best scent from the two mentioned!

.................................................. ...................I'm gonna memorize your name.. and then i'm gonna throw my head away!!........:bounce:.............