Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default Kiehl's Forest Rain

Kiehl's jsut came out with a new fragrance. From what I'm told, not all the Kiehl's stores have it in stock at the moment. But its a good one!

Its a fresh scent, but itsn't heavy on citrus like most of the fresh scents. I smell Muguet and Vetiver mostly. Their trademark musk does show up in the drydown, but its not a heavy musk and isn't sweet at all like the Original Musk.

While its not too heavy on vetiver, its a must try for all lovers of vetiver (note: Jock_With_Scents).
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

Blog Entries

Default Re: Kiehl's Forest Rain

ooooo...this is gonna be worth investigating.

EDIT: i went to the Kiehl's shop here in the city 2 weeks ago, but didn't see anything. i also don't see anything on their website. you sure it's coming out now?
    Last edited by everso; 14th August 2008 at 10:57 PM.

Blog Entries

Yes. August is the month I was told. I already have it! :-)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mudassir View Post
    Yes. August is the month I was told. I already have it! :-)
    really? you already have it? bastard!

does it have the same type of bottle as the musk? tell us more about the scent...

Quote Originally Posted by everso View Post
    does it have the same type of bottle as the musk? tell us more about the scent...
    http://beautybuzzed.blogspot.com/200...in-eau-de.html

Smile Re: Kiehl's Forest Rain

Quote Originally Posted by mudassir View Post
    Kiehl's jsut came out with a new fragrance. From what I'm told, not all the Kiehl's stores have it in stock at the moment. But its a good one!

Its a fresh scent, but itsn't heavy on citrus like most of the fresh scents. I smell Muguet and Vetiver mostly. Their trademark musk does show up in the drydown, but its not a heavy musk and isn't sweet at all like the Original Musk.

While its not too heavy on vetiver, its a must try for all lovers of vetiver (note: Jock_With_Scents).
    I will be on the lookout for sure. Sounds interesting!

very very good stuff...

fresh, peppery and musky with no aquatics? sounds like right up my alley.

now if i could find a damn kiehl's store.
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by acceptfacts View Post

now if i could find a damn kiehl's store.
    that's the easy part! 3rd ave and 13th street

that's the easy part! 3rd ave and 13th street
    lower east side?......nice! i'm always near that area.

thank you.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

Blog Entries

lower east side?......nice! i'm always near that area.

thank you.
    me too...which is why i know! i'm DJing in the LES tomorrow night actually...maybe i'll run to Kiehls before the set. LOL

me too...which is why i know! i'm DJing in the LES tomorrow night actually...maybe i'll run to Kiehls before the set. LOL
    where are you djing at?

Blog Entries

where are you djing at?
    Rehab on 25 Avenue B

3 bands playing and i was asked to be the guest DJ. psychedelic type music really. If you're around, come on by!

psychedelic type music? meaning.....? trance...house? or like metal?

psychedelic type music? meaning.....? trance...house? or like metal?
    Druggy music (stone rock) from the late sixties and early seventies. There's Neo-psychedelia that came after too.

Basenotes Institution

Go ahead and wear your CdG Garage when you DJ.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Go ahead and wear your CdG Garage when you DJ.
    OH YEAH!!! good call mike!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mindbrain View Post
    Druggy music (stone rock) from the late sixties and early seventies. There's Neo-psychedelia that came after too.
    exactly. i'm more into the modern psychedelia, although i have a distinct appreciation for neo-soul-psychedelia from the late 60s.....

you can sort of understand 'the sound' more if you check out my band's myspace (i'm not trying to shamelessly promote or anything...just wanna help you understand! )

www.myspace.com/thebavariandruglords

exactly. i'm more into the modern psychedelia, although i have a distinct appreciation for neo-soul-psychedelia from the late 60s.....

you can sort of understand 'the sound' more if you check out my band's myspace (i'm not trying to shamelessly promote or anything...just wanna help you understand! )

Cool....does ur band members wear Creed's by any chance? :P

the bavarian drug lords?.....hmmmm....i wonder what fragrance would be most fitting such a band.

Blog Entries

Hascish Pour Homme ;-)

the bavarian drug lords?.....hmmmm....i wonder what fragrance would be most fitting such a band.

Will this be available in Department Stores? I'd like to hear more about this one.

- in utter shock

This is a VERY VERY nice fragrance. My only complaint is that it's a tad too floral and girly but it has rich creamy woods that dy down so smooth and a slightly bitter herbal note that adds a nice edge to it so it's not too soft. I think I may buy this one it really impressed me.

Cheers,
    Al

went to Kiehl's store on 13th street and 3rd ave in East Village, manhattan....and not only did they not have it.....the Sa's werent even sure when it was coming in.....but they took down my email and number and promised to contact me as soon as it comes in......they didnt even have a sample. =/

Blog Entries

went to Kiehl's store on 13th street and 3rd ave in East Village, manhattan....and not only did they not have it.....the Sa's werent even sure when it was coming in.....but they took down my email and number and promised to contact me as soon as it comes in......they didnt even have a sample. =/
    HOW THE HELL can the original Kiehl's shop in NYC not have the fragrance....and other people are finding it elsewhere? i am totally confused! LOL

well at least you know where the shop is, man

HOW THE HELL can the original Kiehl's shop in NYC not have the fragrance....and other people are finding it elsewhere? i am totally confused! LOL

well at least you know where the shop is, man
    i know....i was all over the place today sniffing and buying ....and getting numbers and planning events..lol.

i will have a thread on it probably by tomorrow.....interesting stories.

Blog Entries

i know....i was all over the place today sniffing and buying ....and getting numbers and planning events..lol.

i will have a thread on it probably by tomorrow.....interesting stories.
    lol. nice! look forward the stories.

As it dries down it becomes very similar to Casran by Chopard.

Cheers,
    Al

Quote Originally Posted by anak View Post
    As it dries down it becomes very similar to Casran by Chopard.

Cheers,
    Al
    I LOVE Casran, so this is a good thing for me! Gotta add this scent onto my wish list

-T-

Anyone who has the opportunity to go to an actual Kiehl's store should also test the Pour Homme Essence oil. Otherwise, I think it's a safe blind buy IMHO (would easliy have been for me, although I did smell it for 2 seconds before buying it! LOL). Do yourselves a favor and don't miss out on this gem.
    I brought it up in another thread but there were no responses. First of all, you use a streak not even a drop and you get clear-the-room projection (think Norma Kamali Incense). I wish I could describe the notes better but what I get is a thick orange/mandarin opening with sharp greens, then patchouli and lots of spicy notes in the middle--which includes guess what: INCENSE!; the drydown is a lot of incense and I think moss. That's the best I can do and there's no info on the notes on this. No musk that I can detect but layers wonderfully with Kiehl's musk (the oil) too.
    Longevity? You'll need to wash it off when you're done.
    I'm very excited about this. It's well worth the money. Anyone else with any experience with it?

Forest Rain is now available at the Kiehls website:

http://www.kiehls.com/_us/_en/fragrance/toilette.aspx
    Last edited by Jock_With_Scents; 9th September 2008 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance_Man View Post
    Anyone who has the opportunity to go to an actual Kiehl's store should also test the Pour Homme Essence oil. Anyone else with any experience with it?
    Wearing it right now. Love it. Great sillage and longevity as you note.

mudassir..thanks for the heds up on this one...i am huge fan of orginal musk, so im sure this one is top quality as well...plus the bottle is cool as hell...i was wondering if th reformulated the musk, as they took it off the market for a while
    Last edited by jdnba; 9th September 2008 at 09:41 PM.
    Current Top 5:

Tabac, Cardinal, Brookes Brothers, Musc Kublai Khan, Andron

Quote Originally Posted by GGA View Post
    I LOVE Casran, so this is a good thing for me! Gotta add this scent onto my wish list

-T-
    A little off subject, but I'd never heard of Casran and looked it up... it sounds really interesting!! It contains hinoki wood and leaves... i can't wait to smell the Kiehl's... when I went to the counter just a week ago, the SA didn't even know what it was.

Edit: sorry, I just wanted to clear something up... I looked online and found a completely different list of notes (including hinoki and incense, etc) and release info by Chopard than those found here at Basenotes and on Ozmoz... I don't want to be a fountain of misinformation... annnyyywaaayyy...
    Last edited by nthny; 10th September 2008 at 01:53 AM.

Got a sample sprayer of this at the Kiehl's counter this past weekend. Whew!
    Very floral and too feminine for me. I also found this similar in ways to Tauer's Vetiver Dance.
    Forest Rain didn't smell like an 'unclean bottom' on the drydown like Vetiver Dance did to me, so I guess that is a positive.

I'm not a fan of the musk at all.....but this sounds interesting.....Gary

I tested it too this past weekend at Kiehl's on Third Avenue here in NYC, they have it now.
    It starts out very full and tropical floral, smells wet and green. Then as it dries down it goes a little skanky (maybe indolic?).
    I think it's well made and long lasting like the other Kiehl's products, but it really smells too tropical and floral for me to wear, very lush and feminine.

I just got a sample spray from the Kiehl's counter in Bloomingdale's.
    Tried it on my wrist last night from the tester.
    I got a lot more woods on me than floral and a hint of incense in the base.
    One drawback is I was on my way to volleyball when I stopped.
    When we were in our huddle before the game started.
    My team mate says "I smell bug spray"
    I tell him its my cologne and he starts laughing.
    It didn't smell girly or like bug spray to me.
    I'm going to give this a full wear in the next couple of days and I'll make a fuller report, then.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Sur la Plage

I stopped at the Kiehl's counter in Neimans and asked if they had Forest Rain EDT. They did not have it yet - supposedly soon. But the SA said surprisingly "How do you even know about that?". I just said "Oh, I read about it".
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I've tried it. It starts off nice and green. Then (to my taste) it gets very sweet, perfume-y and floral. As some others have reported. The vetiver gets kind of heavy and soapy. I like the little bottle, and some Kiehls products, but this one didn't really suit me.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

My Khiel's has it in. I just might pop in to test it.

Ok, I have a card sprayed with it that I am smelling. It smells like the green note in Kiton Men without the tonka which to me is a positive. For others that are not familiar with Kiton Men, it is similar to Very Sexy for Him 2 by Victoria Secret but better. As I am a sucker for green notes, I am strongly considering this for a purchase. I may get it tonight.....???

Edit: I can see where JWS feels it might be a tad fem but I think this can completely be worn by a man. I don't wear womens fragrances for the fact that most are too sweet for me but I don't get that vibe from this one.

Edit 2: This also reminds me very strongly of the original Paul Smith in the green bottle.
    Last edited by Scentologist; 7th October 2008 at 09:43 PM.

Blog Entries

i tried this the other day...i thought it was VERY generic fresh....wasn't very impressed.

the original Kiehl's Musk is a bold, unique, and interesting scent.......i didn't notice Forest Rain evolving into much after the drydown or during the middle notes......it just sort of was there, but not really doing anything special...

China White

I am sitting on the fence about this one. Although I really like it and the further it dries down, I get a green-suede vibe. However, I am leaning towards what JWS has to say about it. It just might be a tad sweet for me. Everso is correct about it being linear and not as bold as the first which reminds me of amouage silver clonge but perhaps better. Still yet, it is nice and the only way to tell is to do a skin test and not smell it from a card which I am doing. Sweet fragrances tend to give me a headache and the fact that I am developing one is not a good sign.

Edit and Final Verdict: not bottle worthy. If you want a green masculine fragrance, go with Polo Modern Reserve and if you want to be wow'd, go for some prada infusion d'homme or Hinoki. This is nice but too generic as everso put it and too fem as JWS noted. It just took some time for me to reach this conclusion since serveral factors are borderline. I would mind smelling this on someone to see if I am wrong.
    Last edited by Scentologist; 7th October 2008 at 10:29 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheAttorney View Post
    China White
    really? *makes note*

I sampled it today and about 30 minutes after I left the store I had to go back and buy myself a bottle. It's wonderful .

I sampled this again today and I just can't buy into it.

So I think I'm in agreement with most of the posters here.
    I like this just fine but I'm not going to buy a full bottle of this.
    I will say that I like it better than Dior Homme Sport, Pi Neo, Guerlain Homme, or Hilfiger of the recent fall releases.
    I will also say that the florals on me don't get too sweet and I can see for some people this having the kind of balance they're looking for.
    For the price I think this one will do quite nicely in the right person's wardrobe.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    I sampled this again today and I just can't buy into it.
    i agree with you. i've tried it several times now...and am just not impressed with it.....

personally, the Porsche Design fragrance has now jumped in as the 'best new fresh scent' candidate.

Basenotes Institution

I tried this today for the 1st time.

I walked around with it on my arm for a full hour, trying to figure out what it smelled like and then it clicked: The Dreamer by Versace!

I went thru a bottle of TD more than 10 years ago and it has that same powdery-spicy-flinty-creamy-DDT smell. I can't believe no one else has mentioned it in this thread.

Strange accord for a fragrance named Forest Rain, no? I can't imagine wearing this.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 7th March 2009 at 09:49 PM.