"Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Friday 15 August

TGIF! Champs-Élysées Guerlain

Lulu Guinness Life is a bed of rose
    Current favorites:

Jicky, Mitsouko, Shiseido Susuro,Or et Noir

I haven't made up my mind yet... Two options: TDC Osmanthus or L' Eau d'Hiver. I'm celebrating my son's 18th birthday today!

Guerlain's L'heure bleue - I'm quite tired, don't feel really awake and ready for the world outside.

Alba, congratulations with your son.

I'm in Bvlgari Pour Femme this morning. Have a nice day!
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

Farouche extrait

The almost forgotten beauty from Nina Ricci in the wonderful bottle by Lalique

Top Notes: Aldehydes, bergamot, mandarin, galbanum, peach
    Heart Notes: Rose, jasmine, honeysuckle, clary sage, cardamon, genista flowers, iris, carnation, geranium, lily of the valley
    Base Notes: Oakmoss, sandalwood, amber, vetiver, musk
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Good morning folks For this beautiful day there was no doubt that Feminite du bois would be my choice for today.Have a nice friday everybody!

I'm going to the hospital for a neck x-ray and don't want to wear anything overpowering - or any of my favourites either (smell associations with hospitals ruin favourite perfumes, you know). Sooooo, I'm going for the safe, fresh & soapy/shower gel-y Lacoste pour femme.

Quote Originally Posted by Riannon View Post
    Farouche extrait

Oh! I love Farouche and used it in my teen years, don't have anymore now. Am glad you still have some and am enjoying it.

SotD for me is Montale's Sunset Flowers. It's like a cocktail and makes me feel "pretty, witty and gay"!

It's a sticky weather today, so after coming home after running some errands took a cool shower and changed into SL Vétiver Oriental, grrreat!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

More Sl sampling for me today and I did enjoy Chergui after the topnotes had faded.

Aqua Allegoria Flora Nerolia. I relish the relaxing, uplifting aura
    of this wonderful scent - petitgrain, neroli, jasmine, orange blossom
    and incense. This is one of Jean-Paul Guerlain's finest and I love it
    dearly.

Basenotes Plus

Birthday greetings to your son, Alba!
    Nukapai, good luck with those x-rays dear.

Sotd is Caron Coup de Fouet. With apologies to Devo: "Crack that whip!"

Have a wonderful day, everyone.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

EAU D'ORANGE VERTE for this pleasant sunny weather .
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Happy son's birthday to Alba (who will smell fantastic whichever of her choices she goes with!), and Nukapai, hope the x-ray is as easy as possible and without nasty smell associations!

Everyone's smelling so good today...

Today is my last day of work at my long-held (13 years!) place of employment, and I am going to smell gorgeous and calm my jittery nerves in Serge Lutens Encens et Lavande.

I'm taking two weeks off prior to starting the new job, and will likely be a sporadic poster these next few days. Must remember deep breathing...
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Bulgari pour femme for this crisp but sunny Friday.

Enjoy your day, all! :bounce:
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

happy is the bleu heart<3

I'm on my way to a doctor's appointment. It has taken me over three months to get in to see this rheumatologist, and I will admit to you guys that I'm feeling a bit nervous. I'm wearing my old friend, Angel.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Alba! Happy B-day to your son!!!
    shadesofbleu my dear best of luck
    at the appointment today!!!
    And best of luck Nukapai too!

My appointment with the osteopath yesterday
    was quite uneventful, but I suppose that's how
    it was supposed to go? Not sure. Hope it helps!

Another more or less sleepless night, and
    another day we're expecting thunder-showers.
    We've broken all records for this year already
    and it's only mid-August!

Ahhh and my SotD
    Serge Lutens • Santal Blanc,
    I cannot quite reason why I crave it
    so much today but it's simply sublime.
    Last edited by Agent Provocateur; 15th August 2008 at 11:44 AM.
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

ComDiva - Wow! This has been a very eventful week! I hope they take you out someplace nice for the going away lunch.

To those having to venture into the healthcare system today (whether as staff or patient) - postitive vibes!

SotD - Vero Profumo, Rubj.

A super duper pretty orange blossom/jasmine creature with magnificently large sillage and enough "something" to not suffocate in the meantime. The most traditionally pretty of her 3 works.
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Yves Saint Laurent Opium EDT

Spicy Oriental Masterpiece

A gorgeous late-summer day here in the mid 80s and low humidity. Perfect weather for my friends from PA who will be spending the weekend.

Congrats to the Birthday Boy and special huzzahs and frantic waves to The Diva on her last day of servitude. Hope everyone's aches and pains are relieved - healing energy flowing to you all.

For me - an all-time fave...the shimmery.....

...rates five *s in The Guide and ten from me. According to Turin, Maurice Roucel (of whom I am a GREAT fan) was "uncharacteristically positive" about this "kaleidoscopic floral"...totally luscious.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Mira Bai--old friend is really scratching my itch today. Ahhhhhh.

Be well, my fragrant electronic family. Nukapai, nothing serious, I hope? Shades, Agent, I'd heal you with my touch if those god-like powers I requested would just come through.

Can you imagine how lucky ComDiva's future new co-workers are gonna be to have her in their midst? Envy! (BTW, still snickering inappropriately at your telling of the flying dog story.)
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

TGIF! I can't decide on a SotD yet. We're going to close on our house today, and moving in over the weekend. I won't have internet service again until Sunday evening (Verizon FiOS, yay!). So, see you then!

I hope everybody has a wonderfully fragrance day and weekend!

Oops forgot to post yesters. Happy belated anniversary Tigrushka!

I tested Rasa Extreme yesterday. Whooooa, no likey! Scary! Somehow it's weirdly like defecation and roses. Although I think of it as education for my nose - I've been wondering what civet smells like exactly.

So I scrubbed it off and applied L'Occitane Ambre.

Today I took a break from sampling and wore Cinema Festival d'Ete for uni in the morning and then went to the cinema (to see The Strangers) in the early afternoon. The movie kinda creeped me out

Good luck with the doctor Shadesofbleu!! I'm sure you will be fine, plus you smell gorgeous! *Sending healing vibes to Nukapai (and anyone else who may need them!)*
    Last edited by jillsy; 15th August 2008 at 01:18 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Vettiveru (Series 4: Cologne) by Comme des Garcons

Raining buckets here. In Laura Biagiotti Venezia.

Fracas although I put it on about an half-hour ago I can't smell a thing. . . hmmmmmm
    "While the king is at his table, my perfume fills the air with its fragrance." SoS 1:12

So I made my top 4 list of perfumes, I want to get 2-3 bottles ( and I say I but someone else is going to the States and he was kindly asked by me to go to that and that shop on that street and get 2 or 3 of this list) and many of them are SL bottles. But on pictures it looks like the bottles do not have a spray.

Do any of you ladies know if the Sl bottles come with a spray? If not what are good ways to apply? Decant into a spray bottle maybe?

Surprisingly Datura Noir made it on the list, I´m thinking I got a atomisers that contained some other perfume still so that the first application was horrible but the others were better.

Versus by Versace
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 15th August 2008 at 01:59 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Lian View Post
    So I made my top 4 list of perfumes, I want to get 2-3 bottles ( and I say I but someone else is going to the States and he was kindly asked by me to go to that and that shop on that street and get 2 or 3 of this list) and many of them are SL bottles. But on pictures it looks like the bottles do not have a spray.

Do any of you ladies know if the Sl bottles come with a spray? If not what are good ways to apply? Decant into a spray bottle maybe?

Surprisingly Datura Noir made it on the list, I´m thinking I got a atomisers that contained some other perfume still so that the first application was horrible but the others were better.
    Hi Lian, SL 50ml bottles do come with a spray attachment, however, bell bottles do not.

Congratulations ComDiva... good luck on your new job and try to post often -- I always look for your great posts.

Wearing Angelique Noire today -- got a little sample which I've been hoarding.
    Last edited by dimples; 15th August 2008 at 02:04 PM.
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

Thank you dimples

I´m still going 2 or 3, 2 or 3, 2 or 3 in my mind :s 50 ml isn´t that much.

clear blue skies and hot as you please today. so i'm staying in the house and sampling. if i go out later it'll probbably be in Virigin Island Water... its too humid for anything else.
    ~*~*~*~*~
    One by one the lava lamps are stealing my sanity...

Chanel 19 edt

Rushing off to an appt. here in JOY.
    "Woe to the one who's love of elixirs, grows into madness"
    :bounce:

Doing amber samples this week.
    Today is MPG Ambre Precieux - Refined, lovely, with a touch of lavendar. Soft, tenacious, sweet--but not overly so. Not "gimicky" at all. This amber avoids big, contrasting notes to settle upon a warm, well-balanced formula. A true and classy amber.
    Yesterday I wore Parfum d'Empire Ambre Russe - Cuddly but masculine mix of amber, hard liquor, and leather. Reminds me of men I used to know holding glasses of bourbon on the rocks and wearing leather coats with (unburned) cigars in their pockets. Very clever fragrance.

Today I am easing into the day with the sweet and salty:

Bois 1920 Sandalo e The

Have a great day everyone!

Putain des Palaces

I'm late posting today as I've spent this very rainy day on a trip with the kids to the aquarium.
    Cor they're tiring! 3 parents and 4 walking kids aged 2-4 plus a baby who is 8 months old and does NOT want to ride in the pushchair. Train ride, aquarium, pizza for late lunch then train home. I think we're all shattered now!!!!

I was in L'Eau d'Hiver both for it's allusion to water and for its gentle, soothing heliotrope waves of calm. It worked. I didn't get too frazzled.

Hope the medical matters worked out for everybody. Congratulations on leaving work ComDiva and enjoy a well-earned rest before you start the next one and move on to even greater achievements. You'll be wonderful at it. Don't undermine yourself before you start!

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend.
    x
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Basenotes Plus

VISA edp for me today.

Happy b'lated anniversary to Tig!
    Congratulations to ComDiva! Breathe deeply, luv! Enjoy the SL EdL.
    Best wishes for an excellent result on the x-ray for Nukapai & a good report from the doctor for shadesofbleu.
    Happy birthday to Alba's dear son!
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Quote Originally Posted by Lian View Post
    Thank you dimples

I´m still going 2 or 3, 2 or 3, 2 or 3 in my mind :s 50 ml isn´t that much.
    You're welcome!
    Also, if you are purchasing from the US, they only sell the export line in 50ml bottles -- I don't believe that they sell the bell bottles. so maybe if 50ml is not enough, you'll have to double your order..... that's 4 or 6, 4 or 6, 4 or 6... LOL
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

DK Gold edp with a little Alyssa Ashley Musk layered over it

Today is the first full day of school for the girlies! I thought I was not ready for them to go back and then the last 2 days of summer break they were so hateful I was having fantasies of snatching them both bald ( as my grandmother used to say).

I wore CSP Vanille Abricot to spinning ans now am wearing AG Songes to have luch with a friend.

Have a great day everyone!

Haling vibes and best wishes to all of those entering the belly of the medical beast today.
    ScentMother enjoy your last day of work, breathe deeply and think of next Friday when it will be nothing but fun, fun, fun.
    My Scent of The Very Early Morning as I watched the Olympic Gymnastics and made a sample was:

CdG Monocle Scent One: Hinoki

a very pleasant scent to go to sleep to and to wake-up to.

Now after a shower and getting ready to take Somerville Metro Woman out to lunch and a movie I am wearing:

Domenico Carecini

Awesome lovely roses and other things in it that just make this uniquely good rose scent for a man.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

I'm in SHALIMAR today

Quote Originally Posted by tdem1961 View Post
    Birthday greetings to your son, Alba!
    Nukapai, good luck with those x-rays dear.
    Thank you! everything went fairly smoothly; will have to wait 14 days for results. Bleh.

P.S. I love that Devo song!

Good luck to all who ail- xrays, feet, rheumatologists, et all ...
    Happy Birthday, Alba boy !

I'm late today- so much going on.
    Trying to evaluate my mother for hospice- out of state; all sorts of crazy here.
    Full moon coming on, too, folks-
    Be cautious.

Went to bed in Bois Farine; workout in Eau de Campagne.
    Tango post shower, I think.

Love you all.

If I'm sporadic, you know why...

So many doctor health things indeed, and I´m going to have a piercing removed tomorrow. Eeek. I had enough of it really after 9 years or so, always need to keep it in mind etc.

Wishing you lots of strength chayaruchama and many hugs!

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Nukapai, nothing serious, I hope? Shades, Agent, I'd heal you with my touch if those god-like powers I requested would just come through.
    Thank you, Quarry (and thank you everyone actually - only just realised how many little nods in my direction there were today, awww thanks guys! ).

Oh, and it's nothing serious, just one of those "let's eliminate possibility X" type of tests that docs put you through. I've had unexplained dizzy spells and Labyrinthitis (feelings of vertigo) for about a month. Probably some inner ear stuff going on.

Sounds like a day of old chapters ending & new ones beginning ~ for me too. Putting our oldest sheltie down this afternoon
    On the up-side, our new lab/shepherd pup (who came into our lives purely by chance last week) is our new beginning. What a joy to observe the little furball discovering the world!
    I've been neglecting my bottle of EL's Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia, and having been reminded (by Tovah ) of it's beauty ~ I'm off to the shower, and to spritz myself into floral freshness!

Wishing you all hopeful beginnings and happy endings!

Oh, I'm both sorry and happy for you, Ubu. Hope it all goes well. (hug)

Back from the family celebration. I finally decided to wear Osmanthus. Thank you so much for your congratulations. It's amazing: 18 years ago I held him in my arms and he was so small (and smellt so wonderful) and now he's tall and athletic and smells of chanel allure sport cologne. I had too much cake and probably too much champagne, but it was a happy day, I hope you all had one, too!

Good Morning. You all smell wonderful!!

Lian, Datura Noir is my first and only (so far!) SL purchase and I love it. I've been craving deep florals lately so next want to try A La Nuit, Un Lys, and Fleurs d'Oranger. Must try Douce Amere as well. Like another basenoter lady (who was that?) has said... "So many 'fumes, so little skin...!"

Today wearing by Kilian Beyond Love - a beautiful, fresh tuberose.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukapai View Post
    Oh, I'm both sorry and happy for you, Ubu. Hope it all goes well. (hug)
    I really appreciate that ~ thank you!

On this hot, hot day, I'm wearing Adrienne Vittadini. It's powdery light on me.

Hope everyone having doctor's appointments and tests today are all fine. Happy belated birthday to Tigruschka. Chaya, good thoughts your way so you can work through all the things you need to handle.
    Alba, he'll always be your baby to you...

I am wearing the lovely Lolita Lempicka today. Yum.

SMM - for your stats
    SotE - SL A La Nuit
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

'Sampled Halston Catalyst for women today. It's very nice, in a 70's kind of way. A chypre.
    And discontinued as many things I like seem to be.

'Hope everyone's day turned out okay. 'Lots going on, even in my neck of the woods. 'Perhaps the full moon.

Wore Agent Provocateur for daytime and evening. Was complemented on it too.

SotD was Kelly Caleche. SotE is Chanel 22.