Code of Conduct

Default Lady Caron - my story and impressions of it...

I just posted this over on POL where I post more more often. I decided I really should play a more active role here on Basenotes, because I visit to read the posts every single day...

So here's my story:
    My husband, 21 year old daughter and I, took a trip to New York in May. They are very much aware of my love of fragrances, and often are made to participate in sniffing or trying various perfume samples. During one of our days in the city,I dragged the two of them on a mini-sniffa excursion while we were out and about. They were pretty good-natured about all the walking and sniffing, and I think they shared a little bit of my excitement. After all the sniffing, shopping, and sight seeing, after we had returned to our hotel for the evening, my daughter happily presented me with a bottle of fragrance that she and her father had secretly purchased for me.
    It was a VERY sweet offering - they chose what they considered to be a beautiful scent in a bottle that would commemorate my love for perfumes and the trip to New York: Lady Caron by Caron

I was touched by their love for me and by this thoughtful gift, and thought I should share this sweet story with my fellow perfumistas.

Now, about the bottle.... - (whispering so they won't hear me...) can I just say that the bottle is far from being my idea of attractive. Lady Caron was an exclusive launch in the U.S., introduced in 2000, that comes in a flacon embossed with an artistic rendition of the Statue of Liberty. The overall shape is nice, and the cap is a lovely faceted clear-plastic thingy, but, to my eyes, it is all rather meh - -

The scent: I was worried at first spritz that it was lacking the complexity and depth of my beloved older Carons, and it is nothing like any of my favorites (Parfum Sacre, Farnesiana, Narcisse Noir, Nuit de Noel, Infini) but Lady Caron turned out to be a very nice fragrance on my skin. Sometimes the mystery of body chemistry works out to my advantage!! I'm not usually a fan of white florals, but then, it's made by Caron, and I appreciate everything they make.
    Top: Magnolia, Jasmine, Neroli
    Middle: Rose, Raspberry, Peach
    Base: Oakmoss, Sandalwood.
    While wearing this today, I swear I smell mimosa - and that is a good thing. Again, it must be that body chemistry thing in action.It has moderate/soft sillage and decent lasting power.

Whatever its shortcomings, it's still miles ahead from the middle-of-the-road offerings available in most department stores. I will wear this because it smells nice, makes me happy, and when I wear Lady Caron, I will always think of my dear husband and daughter and what they did for me.
    Last edited by Lorien; 15th August 2008 at 05:08 PM.

Default Re: Lady Caron - my story and impressions of it...

Lovely story Lorien. Both husband and daughter have great taste.
    Welcome to basenotes!
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407