Code of Conduct

Default Just placed my first order with ThePerfumedCourt

Somehow I had never even heard of this website till last week and the idea of ordering decants was alien to me. That being said I decided to try and spring for some 8ml decants of scents I knew I would never otherwise encounter. So for my first order I got:

Montale--Black Aoud
    MPG--Eau De Iles (used to have a full bottle, knew I would never use the full bottle so I got a nice decant)
    Mazzorali---Lui
    Frederick Malle---French Lover
    I Profumo Di Firenzi---Muschio Nero. A recipe from the 1600s with a note of 'opium' and musk thats never been reviewed or even mentioned on this board? My curiousity got the better of me!
    Lalique--Encre Noir
    Caron--Tabac Blonde Parfum

Can't wait to get them, hopefully by the end of next week!

Now, I did pay a good amount of money for these blind decants, if I don't like them is there any place of BN to post them so I can send them away to a good home free of charge? I don't want to sell them if I don't like them, I just don't want them to go to waste!

Default Re: Just placed my first order with ThePerfumedCourt

First off, congrats.... I just started receiving the first of about 30+ samples I ordered from them during their anniversary sale and I'm loving it. Apparently they're slammed with orders so it's taking a while to receive everything. Just today I received Serge Lutens Borneo 1834 and Iris Silver Mist, Frederic Malle Iris Poudre and Vetiver Extraordinare as well as a ton of samples from BNer Oaksbluff (thanks!)

FYI there are some BN rules about not offering decants in posts because of trademark issues, but you'd have to email BN and get the specifics (even though you're not selling them). That said I'm sure you'll never get stuck with niche decants around here. You can always offer what you don't like to me!

Quote Originally Posted by shalashaska View Post
    Somehow I had never even heard of this website till last week and the idea of ordering decants was alien to me. That being said I decided to try and spring for some 8ml decants of scents I knew I would never otherwise encounter. So for my first order I got:

Montale--Black Aoud
    MPG--Eau De Iles (used to have a full bottle, knew I would never use the full bottle so I got a nice decant)
    Mazzorali---Lui
    I Profumo Di Firenzi---Muschio Nero. A recipe from the 1600s with a note of 'opium' and musk thats never been reviewed or even mentioned on this board? My curiousity got the better of me!
    Lalique--Encre Noir

Now, I did pay a good amount of money for these blind decants, if I don't like them is there any place of BN to post them so I can send them away to a good home free of charge? I don't want to sell them if I don't like them, I just don't want them to go to waste!

Quote Originally Posted by bbBD View Post
    First off, congrats.... I just started receiving the first of about 30+ samples I ordered from them during their anniversary sale and I'm loving it. Apparently they're slammed with orders so it's taking a while to receive everything. Just today I received Serge Lutens Borneo 1834 and Iris Silver Mist, Frederic Malle Iris Poudre and Vetiver Extraordinare as well as a ton of samples from BNer Oaksbluff (thanks!)

FYI there are some BN rules about not offering decants in posts because of trademark issues, but you'd have to email BN and get the specifics (even though you're not selling them). That said I'm sure you'll never get stuck with niche decants around here. You can always offer what you don't like to me!

Thanks for the heads up, I knew I couldn't sell decants but I didn't know if there was any problem with giving them away. How long ago was their sale? By that I mean how long was the turn around time from when you placed the order to when you got your samples? I am a big fan of instant gratification so if it's over two weeks I might go a little crazy lol

I just ordered from them too . HOpefully it works out

Smile Re: Just placed my first order with ThePerfumedCourt

Montale--Black Aoud
    Mazzorali---Lui
    Lalique--Encre Noir

:wave:Well..I feel my home is a good one to send any unwanted decants to.. Especially Niche..:wave:

.................................................. ...................I'm gonna memorize your name.. and then i'm gonna throw my head away!!........:bounce:.............

Sample services are a great help! And TPC is a good one. 1 ml of fragrance is 1 ml of fragrance - i.e. its worth something! I have so many samples now that, added up, its going to take me plenty of time to use them up.

I'm new to Perfumed Court also and I love the site and the service. I've placed 2 orders. I got tired of trying to snag samples from stores or just sniffing paper or trying multiple scents at one time. Now I can try a scent when I like and when I have The Guide or Basenote reviews nearby. PC makes the learning experience much better. The samples from PC are worth every penny. They are well packaged and labeled. I hope PC evolves to a site that sells products full size. They deserve the business.

Thanks for the heads up, I knew I couldn't sell decants but I didn't know if there was any problem with giving them away. How long ago was their sale? By that I mean how long was the turn around time from when you placed the order to when you got your samples? I am a big fan of instant gratification so if it's over two weeks I might go a little crazy lol
    The sale was 8/1, and I've only received half my order, I guess they had to re-order some bottles, which is making everything take longer. This may not be good for your instant gratification requirements...

UPDATE: I just received an email from TPC advising me that one item I ordered is holding up the rest of my order (Guerlain Spirituesse Double Vanille), but it appears that they've shipped me at least some of the remaining order until that arrives. I have to say that those ladies are very nice and the decants are packaged very well.... if only I had more money to spend on decants...
    Last edited by bbBD; 16th August 2008 at 04:35 PM. Reason: update

You sure got some good decants. If you want to find homes for any of them, you can always get a hold of me!!!

Darn, buddy.... that was from a few weeks ago. Ordering TPC decants has become a bi-weekly expenditure for me. My most recent package was of 6 different Le Labo decants, and I just placed an order yesterday for 3 larger Montale decants and another Malle (Musc Ravageur). I've found that if I'm going to bother ordering, the minimum size is 1.5ml, and if I like something then either 2.5 or 5ml gives me enough wears to let me know whether it's worth investing in a bottle.

Of course don't wait for me to not like something - I'm always happy to set up a trade. My decant 'wardrobe' is listed under my 'test list'.

[QUOTE=bbBD;1330293]Darn, buddy.... that was from a few weeks ago. Ordering TPC decants has become a bi-weekly expenditure for me. My most recent package was of 6 different Le Labo decants, and I just placed an order yesterday for 3 larger Montale decants and another Malle (Musc Ravageur). I've found that if I'm going to bother ordering, the minimum size is 1.5ml, and if I like something then either 2.5 or 5ml gives me enough wears to let me know whether it's worth investing in a bottle.

hey bud, let me know if you dig the musc ravageur and we can split a big bottle for Christmas (maybe can throw some more BdA your way as a present/wink!)
    If I accept you as you are, I will make you worse; however if I treat you as though you are what you are capable of becoming, I help you become that”--Von Goethe

top favorites: bois d'argent, havana, jaipur, amber sultan, fumerie turque, chergui, l'homme sage
    willing to swap/sell everything but my lutens. shoot me a pm