Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: If you had to pick only 4 perfumes to wear from now on, forever...

Nukapai, exactly! My guy could bring:

Chanel Egoiste
    Guerlain Jicky (or Mouchoir de Monsieur)
    Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta
    MPG Ambre Precieux

All of which I would wear
    Last edited by Asha; 19th August 2008 at 05:30 AM.

I've been gone for quite a while, and come back to find I have to pick four frags?! Yikes!

After much thought, I had to look at it from the angle of "quick, pick 4! and run", and which ones would I grab first. Here are my choices:

24 Faubourg
    Lolita Lempicka
    Coco
    Ivoire de Balmain

Now, we're talking full bottles here right? Do we get to pick four more if they're half empty?

This was difficult.

Philtre d' Amour
    Shalimar Eau Legere
    Aimez Moi
    Summer by Kenzo

The man gets to bring onto the island:

A*Men
    Corps et Ames
    Ysatis (he's open minded about what he wears....)
    Vetiver Guerlain

Unfortunately, many of my faves are d/c'd or changed: alpona, first, vent vert, so that made the choices just a little easier.

Great question!!

Jicky extrait
    Ambre et Diamant Noir (Ambregris)
    Encens et Lavande
    Pamplelune

Something for every season, every mood and all scents I have loved for years already.

That went smooth I obviously have too many fragrances.
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

I think I could live with:
    Chanel Cuir de Russie (is it cheating to take both the parfum and EDT?)
    Bois d'Iris
    Bois Blond
    Iris Poudre

This was so difficult but for now I'd choose:
    Mazzolari Patchouly, Neil Morris Gotham, Coco Mademoiselle, Agent Provocateur.
    There it's done, got to hit 'submit' before I change my mind, again!

At this very moment?

Bal a Versailles (vintage perfume)
    Carnal Flower
    Jean Louis Scherrer # 1
    Chypre de Coty
    Olfacta
    also at http://olfactarama.blogspot.com
    Musings and random thoughts about the genie in the bottle

Quote Originally Posted by Asha View Post
    Nukapai, exactly! My guy could bring:

Chanel Egoiste
    Guerlain Jicky (or Mouchoir de Monsieur)
    Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta
    MPG Ambre Precieux

All of which I would wear
    Okay, I'll be setting up camp RIGHT next to you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia View Post
    I've been gone for quite a while, and come back to find I have to pick four frags?! Yikes!

After much thought, I had to look at it from the angle of "quick, pick 4! and run", and which ones would I grab first. Here are my choices:
    Yeah, that's a good way of thinking about it and the way I ended up doing mine FIRST, but my 4th choice changed when I realised I needed a little more variety... nail-biting nevertheless!
    Now, we're talking full bottles here right? Do we get to pick four more if they're half empty?
    The creativity of the cop-outs doesn't cease to amaze me!

Quote Originally Posted by seattlelight View Post
    This was difficult.

Philtre d' Amour
    Shalimar Eau Legere
    Aimez Moi
    Summer by Kenzo
    SNAP on the Summer by Kenzo - it doesn't seem to be so popular, yet I find it irresistible (so glad to see it getting some more love here).

Great question!!
    Thanks!

I think whoever called me sadistic deserves a thanks too; I take it as a compliment

What I want to know is ...When is Somerville Metro Man going to do stats on the most chosen 4 scents???

Quote Originally Posted by pomander View Post
    What I want to know is ...When is Somerville Metro Man going to do stats on the most chosen 4 scents???
    Heh - that's be nice! (Although - it's lovely to see how varied our choices have been!). Guerlain does feature a lot though...

PotL
    Monyette Paris
    Carnal Flower
    something cool, serious and lavender-based (have not found it yet)

I'd like the men to be wearing Gucci Homme. And white cotton t-shirts, please.
    "It's now very common to hear people say "I'm rather offended by that." As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well so fucking what." - Stephen Fry

Amended list
    Midnight Tryst
    L'Air du Desert Marocain
    En Avion
    Bois Des Isles

1. Muscs Koublaï Khän
    2. Black Aoud
    3. Timbuktu
    4. Un Jardin en Mediterranée
    Last edited by Quixotiq; 21st August 2008 at 05:23 PM.

Mitsouko parfum
    SL Fleurs d'Oranger
    Angelique Encens
    Kyoto

Hmm... as of right now:

Daim Blond (Serge Lutens)
    Debut (Parfums Delrae)
    Bois de Paradis (Parfums Delrae)
    Ta'If (Ormonde Jayne)

Remember how I said, "Ask me tommorow?"
    Well, it's another day, and here are four others:

Coco
    24, Faubourg
    Aromatics Elixir

Post Re: If you had to pick only 4 perfumes to wear from now on, forever...

JHL
    Patou pour Homme
    Ambre Sultan
    Tabac Blond.. Parfum Extract
    Last edited by Ron199; 22nd August 2008 at 02:23 AM.
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

Right now, I'll say:

Attrape-Coeur
    Plus Que Jamais
    Bois de Violette
    Mandarine-Mandarin

However, they are all so rich! I need one that is lighter, I think.
    Last edited by MorganFay; 22nd August 2008 at 02:53 AM.

Blog Entries

Helmut Lang Cuiron
    Paco Rabanne
    Rive Gauche
    Knize Ten

EDIT: OOPS!! i posted this in the Female discussion. sorry, girlies
    Last edited by everso; 22nd August 2008 at 09:35 PM.

I must wrench the nail from beneath my fingertips to type this, while I wipe the drips of water from my forehead (from the water torture) to see the screen. Yeah, this is painful.

In trying to limit myself, the only way I've been able to soothe my heart is to say this list could change. But that's the whole point--that it wouldn't. Why. Why would a person do this to themself? It is truly an exercise in organization and restraint. Brilliant--absolutely brilliant--but inherently evil.

I was actually waiting to see when a Desert Island list would surface, in the short time I've been hanging around BN!

It has to be available, huh, not discontinued, too. Had to do that too.

L'Heure Bleue
    Daim Blond
    Fahrenheit (unless I could use the stock of Le De/Givenchy I have...)
    Lipstick Rose

Mitsouko
    Shiseido Susuro
    Bois Fraine
    Unknown (I haven't found something I am so sure as the others yet.)
    Current favorites:

Jicky, Mitsouko, Shiseido Susuro,Or et Noir

Quote Originally Posted by Nukapai View Post
    Ooh, you can still get that?
    Try searching Evil Bay, thats where I just scored a bottle from, its very hard to come by here in Aus !

As for your question, I have to say first up Estee Lauder Private Collection, I simply can't live without it ! The others I need some more time to think about, I will edit when I come up with the rest

Quote Originally Posted by chaelaran1008 View Post
    This was so difficult but for now I'd choose:
    Mazzolari Patchouly, Neil Morris Gotham, Coco Mademoiselle, Agent Provocateur.
    There it's done, got to hit 'submit' before I change my mind, again!

I need to add my Ambra del Nepal, I'm so rubbish at this, need at least five frags!

Hmmm...

Kouros/YSL
    Habit Rouge/Guerlain
    Sybaris/Puig
    Antaeus/Chanel

But I'd have to sneak a few handfuls of samples & minis: L'air du desert Marocain/Tauer, Black Aoud/Montale, Eau des Merveilles/Hermes

Up until several months ago, I had fewer than four fragrances, so this shouldn't be that hard.

DelRae Amoureuse
    EL Pleasures
    Montale Black Aoud
    Tabac Blond

Oh but wait, I need a woody frag (Jardin en Mediteranee). And a light oriental (Sensuous?). And. . . .

Never mind. Even with my relative lack of experience, this is haaard.
    For sale: JL Scherrer parfum (reduced price) and more!

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

As long as I can be near rtamara41, tang, night, purplebird7, lynnaea, Quixotiq, and Pelle, I will be content in:

Serge Lutens Santal de Mysore
    Parfums de Nicolai New York
    The Different Company Rose Poivrée
    Caron Yatagan (orig. 1976 formulation)
    Last edited by Sloan; 24th August 2008 at 05:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by everso View Post
    EDIT: OOPS!! i posted this in the Female discussion. sorry, girlies
    Hey, you're allowed - other guys have joined in too.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fragrant Zebra View Post
    Try searching Evil Bay, thats where I just scored a bottle from, its very hard to come by here in Aus !
    Thank you for your suggestion - turns out the lovely Wordbird is going to send me a bottle & we're doing a bit of a swap this week!

Banned

Wink Re: If you had to pick only 4 perfumes to wear from now on, forever...

That's easy:

1/ L'Heure Bleue (Guerlain)
    2/ Shalimar (Guerlain)
    3/ Le Baiser du Dragon (Cartier)
    4/ Palazzo (Fendi)

This is really hard, luckily it is only hypothetical because in real life I could not cvhoose just four...

Theorema
    Eau de Reglisse
    Organza Indecence
    Parfum Sacre

Cool Re: If you had to pick only 4 perfumes to wear from now on, forever...

Quote Originally Posted by musse View Post

Mitsouko, Rive Gauche, Fracas, A la Nuit.
    Show off. I bet you even have the 1971 version of RG.

--------------------------------------

Well, ladies. About that desert island. For me:

Dior Homme
    Balenciaga Pour Homme
    L'Occitane L'Oranger Neroli
    Macassar or Fueille Verte, I'm easy.

Oh, hold on. I thought you meant what 4 frags you'd have waiting for me!
    Drats! I haven't even smelled any of them, just heard stories . . .

I'd bring:

Guerlian Vetiver
    Dunhill for Men 1934 (which, judging by the reviews, you haven't smelled either.)
    Nicole Miller for Men
    Antaeus

And a botlle of MKK as a gift for you.

Cheers,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

How nice to see you on this side of the fence, Mario!

I HAD it, yes.

Today´s list:
    Envy, Un Bois Vanille, Ilang Ivohibe...and, and...and....
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Blog Entries

Sous les Vent
    Chamade
    Mitsouko
    I guess it shouldn't be only Guerlains, so
    Azuree
    But only 4, that's not fair.

Mitsouko-Guerlain
    Chamade-Guerlain
    Fleurs D'Oranger-Lutens
    Clair du Musc-Lutens
    Feminite du Bois-Shiseido

Not just 4...
    Last edited by klear; 30th August 2008 at 05:26 AM.

For me:

Chanel No. 19 EDP: for feeling dynamic and spunky
    Sisley Soir de Lune: for sexy times
    O de Lancome: for cooling things down in the heat of summer
    Caleche: because it never dates.

Bois des Isles

Angelique Encens

Tabac Blond

Coco Mademoiselle or Pure Turquoise

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Luctor et Emergo
    Snake Oil
    Bois de Violette
    L'Instant Guerlain
    ~Grenouille knew for certain that unless he possesed this scent, his life would have no meaning.~
    Perfume: The Story of a Murderer

Champs Elysees
    Miracle
    Egoiste Platinum
    .....umm..can't decide for the last one, this is hard!

I'm only at the beginning of my fragrance addiction - my nose is still being educated - so I would expect that these would eventually change drastically, but here goes for now:

O de Lancome - I've been wearing it forever, and have never found a citrus that I prefer.
    Sensuous - lately it's just what I want to smell like; I keep going back to it
    Avignon - I would definitely need an incense, it's one of my favourite notes
    ...and maybe Lolita Lempicka?

I don't know - I think I haven't yet met my fourth "desert island" fragrance yet. I feel like I could actually use one of the big classics in place of the LL, but the ones that I've tried so far (No 5, Mitsouko) don't working for me. So the list above is how it would be if I had to decide today, but luckily it isn't carved in stone or anything.

Pleasures (Estee Lauder)
    Maybe Baby (Benefit)
    Secret Wish (Anna Sui)
    Coco Mademoiselle (Chanel)

I want more freebies - honestly, I think my choices are pretty limited.
    "Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way."
    ~General George Patton

Well, right now my answer looks something like this...

Shalimar
    Dune
    Tresor
    Envy

This is very distressing for me, but let's go...

31 rue Cambon, Ecume de Rose, Bvlgari Omnia Crystalline and Eau de Guerlain. A top 10 would be so much more humane.

Red face Re: If you had to pick only 4 perfumes to wear from now on, forever...

This is really hard, y'all. Let me think -- but I guess I would choose:
    Ormonde Woman
    Amouage Gold
    Le De Givenchy
    Murasaki

Le De is in my top 10! I am not sure my four are right - or any four for that matter...

VM I hate civet -- isn't Le De great? It has been in my top ten for many years!

I'm beginning to think that I really MUST get a sniff of Ormonde Woman...

Ormonde Jayne Woman is "fierce", as they say on America's Next Top Model of a really good walk...It is a cool wind whipping tangled vegetation - if it were a film it would be the Blair Witch Project. Taking Leesee's other faves, I feel more comfortable with the dewy lilies in Le De, or the sumptuous richness of Amouage Gold, but I have to admire Woman. It is Murasaki I am curious to try from L's list, as I have been tipped off about that one by a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by VM I hate civet View Post
    Ormonde Jayne Woman is "fierce", as they say on America's Next Top Model of a really good walk...It is a cool wind whipping tangled vegetation - if it were a film it would be the Blair Witch Project. Taking Leesee's other faves, I feel more comfortable with the dewy lilies in Le De, or the sumptuous richness of Amouage Gold, but I have to admire Woman. It is Murasaki I am curious to try from L's list, as I have been tipped off about that one by a friend.
    What an interesting description! Well, now I'm also curious about Murasaki!

Quote Originally Posted by Nukapai View Post
    What an interesting description! Well, now I'm also curious about Murasaki!
    I heard that Shiseido reformulated Murasaki a few years ago. I haven't tested the fragrance lately, since I have a few unopened bottles still. Hopefully you will get the chance to sniff and/or purchase what would be called the original version.

Two permanent, hands-down, can't-live-without-them selections:
    Cuir de Russie (Chanel)
    Envol (Ted Laipdus)

Other two are of-the-moment; most likely will change (I think I'm just nostalgic; modern scents don't appeal to me recently):
    Poison
    Anais-Anais
    Last edited by FroFro; 14th September 2008 at 04:33 AM.
    Veni, Vidi, Visa.

Coco
    Knowing
    Dolce Vita
    Alien