Code of Conduct

Default Anti-aging Creams and Lotions for Men

Do you guys use any anti-aging cream regularly? I am 35 years old, so I began using a very powerful retinol cream, with 0.1% concentration of pure retinoic acid (tretinoin). It causes my face to peel, but the results are amazing. My skin is like a baby's botton, most of my age spots have vanished, and the tiny wrinkles that were forming near my upper lips have disappeared.

I highly recommend using retinol. You have to use a lighter concentration in the beginning, because your skin is more sensitive. But after the trial period, use the maximum concentration once or twice a week and you will see the amazing results. If you are scared of doing this by yourself, go to a dermatologist and ask for retinol.

It really works.

Lucius

Last edited by LuciusVorenus; 17th August 2008 at 01:18 AM.

Dependent

Default Re: Anti-aging Creams and Lotions for Men

Quote Originally Posted by LuciusVorenus View Post
    Do you guys use any anti-aging cream regularly? I am 35 years old, so I began using a very powerful retinol cream, with 0.1% concentration of pure retinol. It causes my face to peel, but the results are amazing. My skin is like a baby's botton, most of my age spots have vanished, and the tiny wrinkles that were forming near my upper lips have disappeared.

I highly recommend using retinol. You have to use a lighter concentration in the beginning, because your skin is more sensitive. But after the trial period, use the maximum concentration once or twice a week and you will see the amazing results. If you are scared of doing this by yourself, go to a dermatologist and ask for retinol.

It really works.

Lucius

Is the air very dry and humidity levels very low where ure from?

I'm lucky to have skin that is already like a baby's bottom. However, I know some people who would find your results with retinol very appealing if it could give them a similiar result. Lucius, where do you buy your retinol? Is it a perscription formula or over-the-counter? Do you recommend a particular brand?

Thank you.

Is it tretinoin that you're using? I'm guessing so because retinol is much weaker and wouldn't make much of a difference at 0.1% and you wouldn't need an prescription.

I'm a little scared of using tretinoin (retin-a, retinoic acid) because it's pretty hardcore stuff and my skin can barely tolerate even a simple scrub. But I can handle a cream with 0.05% retinaldehyde from Avéne with great results.

And please note: You have to avoid the sun and tanning while on retinoids. This stuff thins the outer layers of the skin and makes it more sun-sensitive. But the sun is the ultimate skin-ager in the first place so it makes sense to be careful anyway.
    Last edited by Concord; 17th August 2008 at 12:08 AM.

Dependent

Last edited by MFJ; 21st October 2009 at 06:54 AM.

Dependent

Last edited by MFJ; 21st October 2009 at 06:56 AM.

I bought it in Brazil, because there you don't need a prescription. It is a very strong concentration, so I'm sure you'll need a prescription in the US. But there is a pharmacy that sells products "without" prescription here in the US. The thing is, they have a doctor who gives you a prescription online. I've never tried them out and their prices are higher than CVS. here's their address:

http://www.sun-pharmacy.com

There is one thing that I forgot to tell: when you use retin-a, your skin becomes more sensitive to sunlight. So you absolutely must use a sunscreen if you are exposed to direct sunlight during the day. That is why many people prefer to use retin-a during the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by bossanova_boy View Post
    I'm lucky to have skin that is already like a baby's bottom. However, I know some people who would find your results with retinol very appealing if it could give them a similiar result. Lucius, where do you buy your retinol? Is it a perscription formula or over-the-counter? Do you recommend a particular brand?

Thank you.
    Last edited by LuciusVorenus; 17th August 2008 at 01:20 AM.

Yes, it is TRETINOIN that I am using. It is retinoic acid and not retinol.

It is very strong!

Last edited by LuciusVorenus; 17th August 2008 at 01:20 AM.

thanks for the link- I've been looking for something like this..

I have pretty good skin but I would definitely consider using an anti-aging; I am only 28 but am definitely getting wrinkles on my face, very minor but I want to bite it in the butt now. Anyone know of anything with all naturals, meaning no chemicals? I have found that as I have gotten more into scents I have really gotten into personal grooming and am very very particular about shampoos, soaps, shaving creams, etc..
    Last edited by TheAttorney; 27th September 2008 at 06:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAttorney View Post
    I have pretty good skin but I would definitely consider using an anti-aging; I am only 28 but am definitely getting wrinkles on my face, very minor but I want to bite it in the butt now. Anyone know of anything with all naturals, meaning no chemicals? I have found that as I have gotten more into scents I have really gotten into personal grooming and am very very particular about shampoos, soaps, shaving creams, etc..

I recommend WELEDA - all natural. They have a moisture cream for men, which very light. If you are looking for something more substantial, try WELEDA Moisture Cream from the Wild Rose range. VERY good to the skin, and smells divine (red tube).

weleda.com

Thumbs up Re: Anti-aging Creams and Lotions for Men

Quote Originally Posted by TheAttorney View Post
    SkinCeuticals CE Ferulic or Phloretin CF. Results are amazing and scientifically proven, check out their site http://www.skinceuticals.com

Sisley Cosmetics - high end natural based cosmetics, very pricey, aromas are fantastic and their creams absorb and make your skin look better than any I've used. http://www.sisley-cosmetics.com
    Last edited by runstile; 6th October 2008 at 07:06 AM.

I am 32 and I have been using L'oreal men expert Erase Wrinkles for about 2 years now. When I noticed the laughter lines forming I thought that maybe it was time to start using something. This cream hasn't really changed much but somehow I like it as a moisturiser. I didn't want to use something that would be too 'harsh' on my skin.

I'm 47 years old and people are always genuinely surprised to hear it, even my high school students who think everybody is old. My favorite men's lines are Nancy Boy (soap, hair products, night moisterizer), Zirh (Clean, Correct, Rejuvenate), Sharps (scrub, lotion), Kiehl's (herbal toner) and Korres (body wash, eye moisterizer). If you want to go with a more inexpensive line available everywhere, I'd say the L'Oreal Men's Expert line is the best.

Leaving aside the Retin-A for a moment - if you're not moisturising, hydrating, and using sun protection every day, you're going backwards. For moisture and hyrdration, I've been very happy with L'oreal Men Expert; and for sun protection, Garnier's Ambre Solaire For Men SPF 25.

For daytime use I've been using Olay Complete moisturizer with SPF15. It seems to work well.
    Before bed I've been using Tree Hut: Shea Body Butter (Brazilian Nut) - this stuff is definitely therapeutic (got it at Walmart).
    I avoid skin products containing petroleum just on general principles.
    Last edited by aeromatic; 25th December 2008 at 04:44 PM.

There are so many anti aging creams available in the market that makes your skin look younger & brighter. If you are looking for an anti aging skin product to eliminate the lines under the eyes and wrinkles on the forehead there are many available today. But because there are so many products it is a gigantic task to select the best one. So you should do some research before choosing an anti aging skin product. According to experts the best anti wrinkle product is one which has natural extracts of red wine and other essential fatty acids to boost skin tightening. You should be careful while dealing with the subject.

Clinique Anti Aging Eye Cream, Clinique M Gel, and Clinique Maximum Hydrator before bed.
    53yrs old, told I look like I'm in my early to mid 40's

Maybe the genes, my Dad is 74 and he looks like he's in his early 60's

I was in search of anti aging products from long as i have entered the age of 25 and my Girl friend said to start using it from now.

anti-aging cream

Olay 3 point Regenerist lotion.

I only use moisturizing creams (often with anti-acne effect) each day, as well as alcohol free after shave balms, toners and face wash - since I'm only 28 and far more prone to oily and mixed skin, anti-aging is by far not such a problem, so I am at an age when I just need cosmetic products to purify my skin, while also moisturizing without fattening

Quote Originally Posted by LuciusVorenus View Post
    Do you guys use any anti-aging cream regularly?
    No cream is going to help me at this point in my life!

Quote Originally Posted by BoxerDad View Post
    Clinique Anti Aging Eye Cream, Clinique M Gel, and Clinique Maximum Hydrator before bed.
    53yrs old, told I look like I'm in my early to mid 40's

Maybe the genes, my Dad is 74 and he looks like he's in his early 60's
    I've been a Skin care fanatic since I was 20.

Been using anti age products since turning 38. Now 40

My skin care ritual:

Clinique FM or Lancome FM Face Scrub once or twice a week.

Daily:

Clinique FM 3 step - facial wash, Scruffing lotion & M Gel Lotion Summer/ M Standard Lotion Winter

Then aftershave balm on shaved area.

Then Clinique Repairwear Laser Serum around eyes and forehead.

Then Clinique All About Eyes followed by Lancome FM Reenergy Eye cream.

Then Either Lancome FM Age Fight Gel or Truefitt Hill Advanced Age Gel on shaved area and non wrinkle areas.

Then Clinique Youthsurge day cream DAYTIME or Lancome FM Reenergy 3D NIGHTTIME - on wrinkle areas.

My father is 81, but looks 68 BTW

I spend 20 minutes a day on skin care, it's worth it to me !
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit