Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. #1

    Default A Day on The Town...

    so on saturday I decided to go to manhattan to do a little scent shopping/sniffing...and all in all it was a pretty fun experience which I decided to share with you, my fellow basenoters.

    First of all I went in to Bloomingdales, I havent been there in a long time and know of a number of brand new designer scents which are exclusive to Bloomingdales(for now).

    some short reviews of the new fragrances first.

    Gucci - Dissapointed isnt the word.... Stunned....from the house which produced one of the more unique and spicier designer fragrances anywhere, this absolute garbage is their new idea of cologne? I couldnt discern any notes because there were none....it went on as pure alcohol and before alcohol fully settled down you couldnt smell anything at all..... I tried it on 3 different times with the same results...This was the first day Gucci was 'out' on shelves so all the SA's were going berserk trying to have anyone sniff and try it......... I took 2 samples with me, lets see if my horrible first impression will change with another try.

    Versace Pour Homme - I liked this much better than Gucci, which is sort of like saying I prefer it to 1st degree burns, however this one also seemed like your regular run of the mill designer frag although they advertised it as as neroli based, minimalist male perfume....i agree with minimalist and although i did detect floral notes throughout, i sniffed a citrus like background(probably the orange peel they mention in the notes)....all in all i have to give it a second wearing in order to give it a better estimate.

    Cartier Roadster - wow.....well this one has personality and power.....however to me its just wayyy too jumbled up with notes that in no way fit together and produce something I would imagine to smell when you base two pretty good fragrances...in the process ruining both. It goes on very very green and grassy, and the most dominant part of that Green is Mint, Mint Mint....and the mint isnt the cooling mint I am used to and enjoy very much(like in Aramis Ice), the mint is actually very creamy...almost as it has been dipped into Land O'lay butter and cool whip...so its Mint, Grass, Cream....as it dried down the power and sillage of the fragrance didnt subside but my headache from it increaded.....I really, really wanted to like this one but just couldnt.....It is obvious Cartier attempted to make something a bit provocative which is always good in the world of "typical mass market" however on my nose....this attempt failed.

    P.S for collectors, the bottle for Roadster is exquisite.....one of the best bottle designs i have seen anywhere....the bottle looks like a replica of the car moving piece from the Monopoly Game...and the cap is take off sideways as if opening the hood of the car.


    Dolce&Gabbana The One - well the name is fits this fragrance about as much as "THE Guide" fits Turin's book...however, this is a pretty good fragrance.....it starts off with spicy notes of cardamom, patchouli and amber with slight tobacco undertones....the background is fresh and infused with quite a beautiful citrus......as it developes it becomes much sweeter and amber takes over with cedar kicking in..scent reminiscent of very sweet sandalwood...The sillage is slight to very moderate but the lasting power is quite good.....the two big drawbacks - the fragrance is minimal in its power and it's beginning is so incredibly promising where the drydown and basenotes becomes too sweet and almost powder like.


    Before leaving I ended up purchasing Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche.....very impressed with Chanel's take on this one.....not a big fan of lemon, but loved the lemon here.....because it wasnt tart but creamy and pleasant with vetiver accords developing within 20 minutes or so....it is quite pleasant and fresh but with an oustanding creamy/vetiver edge to its tartness giving it a beautiful balance and even....Complexity.


    after Bloomingdales I stopped by Bond #9 boutique on 62nd street and Madison ave where I ended up having an interesting run in with one of the SAs....when I came up to the counter(a male and a female SA greeted me)....the male i think ran the store(and ended up being a very cool guy) while the female(26/russian - as i found out later) was his assistant....

    first thing I asked to sniff was the one I had the most curiousity about - ChinaTown....and this is how the conversation went.

    Me: I would like to try ChinaTown
    her: {puzzled expression}... why would You want to try that?? Its for Women!
    Me: Just let me try it....Thank you.
    Her: But why? let me show you some other stuff...we have an amazing Male and Unisex selection.
    Me: First of all....I asked you for a specific fragrance, which should inform you that I might have a slight clue as to what I am talking about.....Secondly....if you work for Bond #9 and know so much about the "male and unisex selection", shouldnt you at the very least be informed that ChinaTown is a UNISEX fragrance.....and Third, if you confused me for a shy customer....dont....when I want to ask for your opinion on what you feel suits me best, I surely will.......now please, let me smell Chinatown.

    at that point, the manager stepped in (laughing at her) and telling her that she was wrong since ChinaTown IS a unisex fragrance and that he thinks that Chinatown could work wonderfully on a male...especially a confident male.

    I didnt purchase chinatown however I found it incredibly interesting and took samples of it and few other Bonds to try at a later date.....I ended up buying Maurice Roucel's beautiful invention of Riverside Drive.....Strong, Spicy, Clean and Fresh with sillage and power.....what else can you ask for? a great all around and going out fragrance. I smell fresh cucumber and even something like licorice throughout intermingled with a hint of sweet fruit notes(which I wish were present a tiny bit more)....it does become dry as it developes but yet somehow capturing the fresh edge it started off with....overall, a beautiful fragrance very well fitting the reputation of its creator.


    I ended up going next door to Barney's and repurchasing Musc Ravageur(which I noted has gone up in price - $220 for 100ml).....then i made the comeback trip to Bond store just to show the manager of the store (which blew him away and he went to town trying to mix Bonds to recreate that scent)....He failed at that attempt but was happy to find out that Riverside Drive and Musc Ravageur were created by the same mustached genius.


    On the way home I swung through Kiehls' store (recommended by Everso) to smell their brand new EDT- Forest Rain and somehow the original store not only didnt have even a sample of their own fragrance, the SAs didnt even know when its coming in. but they loaded me up with samples of lotions and body washes(no clue why but ok).


    So, all in all.....it was a pretty fun trip....ended up with four bottles( The One, Edition Blanche, Riverside Drive and refill of Musc Ravageur), spent about 450 dollars and got busloads of samples.....

    Chime in Guys and Gals!
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

    My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    brooklyn NYC
    Posts
    1,979
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: A Day on The Town...

    hey nice little mini-shopping spree you went on! and a great story to boot, thanks for sharing it!

    i'm still quite puzzled about the Kiehls shop not having the new one...can't really understand. It's a cool shop though...for soaps and shower gels and stuff....

    I still REALLY need to try out Musc Ravageur. Roucel is a genius...he made the original Helmut Lang EDC/EDP as well, a musk which is just PURE GENIUS.

    Have you been to the Bond store on 9 Bond Street in Noho? that's the flagship store, and VERY cool. I haven't been to the one you mentioned you went to....i didn't even know there were others!

    cheers!

  3. #3

    Default Re: A Day on The Town...

    Quote Originally Posted by everso View Post
    hey nice little mini-shopping spree you went on! and a great story to boot, thanks for sharing it!

    i'm still quite puzzled about the Kiehls shop not having the new one...can't really understand. It's a cool shop though...for soaps and shower gels and stuff....

    I still REALLY need to try out Musc Ravageur. Roucel is a genius...he made the original Helmut Lang EDC/EDP as well, a musk which is just PURE GENIUS.

    Have you been to the Bond store on 9 Bond Street in Noho? that's the flagship store, and VERY cool. I haven't been to the one you mentioned you went to....i didn't even know there were others!

    cheers!
    never got a chance to get out to that one....the location for the one on 62nd is useful because its literally right next to Barney's and like 2 blocks from Bergdorf Goodman's and Bloomingdales.
    I will try to make it there one of these days....Bond line is finally starting to captivate me.
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

    My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

  4. #4

    Default Re: A Day on The Town...

    P.S

    I tried the much balyhooed Infusion d'Homme by Prada, and i havent come out with any opinion yet.....it didnt stand out to me that particular day though i did find the neroli quite lovely....will have to give it a full run.

    Also Kenzo power(great bottle!) - this one I really didnt get any chance to review since it dissapeared too soon from the palm of my hand.....bad sign, however I do want to try it again.....as the notes listed are pretty unique from what i'm typically used to.
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

    My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

  5. #5
    Basenotes Institution
    mikeperez23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    26,516

    Default Re: A Day on The Town...

    Great story about the Bond No. 9 SA - love it. You tell 'em! ((high five))

    I am not really a Maurice Roucel fan club member, but your description of Riverside Drive was intriguing and now I feel like I should smell it.

    I'm glad you like The One for Men. Every time I encounter it one some guy it smells lovely. I swear I smelled it again in the gym restroom today - I went in to wash my hands at the sink area, and it smelled just like someone had applied The One for Men and walked out of the room. It's not a complex or high quality scent, but hey sometimes you just wanna smell lovely for a few hours, right?

    Those Kiehls SA's are quite generous aren't they? I wish they had more fragrances I love. I end up going in their store all of the time, sniffing the top of the shower gels and silently wondering, 'Why can't they come out with an EdT that smells like this shower gel?'
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 17th August 2008 at 11:08 PM.

  6. #6

    Default Re: A Day on The Town...

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Great story about the Bond No. 9 SA - love it. You tell 'em! ((high five))

    I am not really a Maurice Roucel fan club member, but your description of Riverside Drive was intriguing and now I feel like I should smell it.

    I'm glad you like The One for Men. Every time I encounter it one some guy it smells lovely. I swear I smelled it again in the gym restroom today - I went in to wash my hands at the sink area, and it smelled just like someone had applied The One for Men and walked out of the room. It's not a complex or high quality scent, but hey sometimes you just wanna smell lovely for a few hours, right?

    Those Kiehls SA's are quite generous aren't they? I wish they had more fragrances I love. I end up going in their store all of the time, sniffing the top of the shower gels and silently wondering, 'Why can't they come out with an EdT that smells like this shower gel?'

    Thanks Mike...=)

    the funny thing with SA in Bond store, even after telling her that my favorite Bond fragrance is Female designated Nuits De Noho (if you never tried it I really think you will enjoy this one....rich, creamy, complex, powerful with accords of pineapple and coconut to smooth it out) and yet she still continued about how much she hates Chinatown on men because its "way too floral!".....not contemplating thats its even possible that any male could enjoy a floral based scent. Seriously.....she is an idiot and i have no idea how she got a job there.

    as far as The One......it reminds me of a female fragrance I used to love on my Ex...but i dont remember which one it was...maybe Caleche....it was something vanilla based with a bit of woods and fruit thrown in there....its bugging me because i'm desperately trying to figure out which female fragrance it reminds me so much of.

    kiehl's shower gels are understated but nice....i wouldnt mind them coming out with a few fragrances....they are owned by estee lauder, so that wouldnt be out of the realm of possibility.
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

    My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

  7. #7

    Default Re: A Day on The Town...

    Great Reviews!






    Quote Originally Posted by acceptfacts View Post
    so on saturday I decided to go to manhattan to do a little scent shopping/sniffing...and all in all it was a pretty fun experience which I decided to share with you, my fellow basenoters.

    First of all I went in to Bloomingdales, I havent been there in a long time and know of a number of brand new designer scents which are exclusive to Bloomingdales(for now).

    some short reviews of the new fragrances first.

    Gucci - Dissapointed isnt the word.... Stunned....from the house which produced one of the more unique and spicier designer fragrances anywhere, this absolute garbage is their new idea of cologne? I couldnt discern any notes because there were none....it went on as pure alcohol and before alcohol fully settled down you couldnt smell anything at all..... I tried it on 3 different times with the same results...This was the first day Gucci was 'out' on shelves so all the SA's were going berserk trying to have anyone sniff and try it......... I took 2 samples with me, lets see if my horrible first impression will change with another try.

    Versace Pour Homme - I liked this much better than Gucci, which is sort of like saying I prefer it to 1st degree burns, however this one also seemed like your regular run of the mill designer frag although they advertised it as as neroli based, minimalist male perfume....i agree with minimalist and although i did detect floral notes throughout, i sniffed a citrus like background(probably the orange peel they mention in the notes)....all in all i have to give it a second wearing in order to give it a better estimate.

    Cartier Roadster - wow.....well this one has personality and power.....however to me its just wayyy too jumbled up with notes that in no way fit together and produce something I would imagine to smell when you base two pretty good fragrances...in the process ruining both. It goes on very very green and grassy, and the most dominant part of that Green is Mint, Mint Mint....and the mint isnt the cooling mint I am used to and enjoy very much(like in Aramis Ice), the mint is actually very creamy...almost as it has been dipped into Land O'lay butter and cool whip...so its Mint, Grass, Cream....as it dried down the power and sillage of the fragrance didnt subside but my headache from it increaded.....I really, really wanted to like this one but just couldnt.....It is obvious Cartier attempted to make something a bit provocative which is always good in the world of "typical mass market" however on my nose....this attempt failed.

    P.S for collectors, the bottle for Roadster is exquisite.....one of the best bottle designs i have seen anywhere....the bottle looks like a replica of the car moving piece from the Monopoly Game...and the cap is take off sideways as if opening the hood of the car.


    Dolce&Gabbana The One - well the name is fits this fragrance about as much as "THE Guide" fits Turin's book...however, this is a pretty good fragrance.....it starts off with spicy notes of cardamom, patchouli and amber with slight tobacco undertones....the background is fresh and infused with quite a beautiful citrus......as it developes it becomes much sweeter and amber takes over with cedar kicking in..scent reminiscent of very sweet sandalwood...The sillage is slight to very moderate but the lasting power is quite good.....the two big drawbacks - the fragrance is minimal in its power and it's beginning is so incredibly promising where the drydown and basenotes becomes too sweet and almost powder like.


    Before leaving I ended up purchasing Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche.....very impressed with Chanel's take on this one.....not a big fan of lemon, but loved the lemon here.....because it wasnt tart but creamy and pleasant with vetiver accords developing within 20 minutes or so....it is quite pleasant and fresh but with an oustanding creamy/vetiver edge to its tartness giving it a beautiful balance and even....Complexity.


    after Bloomingdales I stopped by Bond #9 boutique on 62nd street and Madison ave where I ended up having an interesting run in with one of the SAs....when I came up to the counter(a male and a female SA greeted me)....the male i think ran the store(and ended up being a very cool guy) while the female(26/russian - as i found out later) was his assistant....

    first thing I asked to sniff was the one I had the most curiousity about - ChinaTown....and this is how the conversation went.

    Me: I would like to try ChinaTown
    her: {puzzled expression}... why would You want to try that?? Its for Women!
    Me: Just let me try it....Thank you.
    Her: But why? let me show you some other stuff...we have an amazing Male and Unisex selection.
    Me: First of all....I asked you for a specific fragrance, which should inform you that I might have a slight clue as to what I am talking about.....Secondly....if you work for Bond #9 and know so much about the "male and unisex selection", shouldnt you at the very least be informed that ChinaTown is a UNISEX fragrance.....and Third, if you confused me for a shy customer....dont....when I want to ask for your opinion on what you feel suits me best, I surely will.......now please, let me smell Chinatown.

    at that point, the manager stepped in (laughing at her) and telling her that she was wrong since ChinaTown IS a unisex fragrance and that he thinks that Chinatown could work wonderfully on a male...especially a confident male.

    I didnt purchase chinatown however I found it incredibly interesting and took samples of it and few other Bonds to try at a later date.....I ended up buying Maurice Roucel's beautiful invention of Riverside Drive.....Strong, Spicy, Clean and Fresh with sillage and power.....what else can you ask for? a great all around and going out fragrance. I smell fresh cucumber and even something like licorice throughout intermingled with a hint of sweet fruit notes(which I wish were present a tiny bit more)....it does become dry as it developes but yet somehow capturing the fresh edge it started off with....overall, a beautiful fragrance very well fitting the reputation of its creator.


    I ended up going next door to Barney's and repurchasing Musc Ravageur(which I noted has gone up in price - $220 for 100ml).....then i made the comeback trip to Bond store just to show the manager of the store (which blew him away and he went to town trying to mix Bonds to recreate that scent)....He failed at that attempt but was happy to find out that Riverside Drive and Musc Ravageur were created by the same mustached genius.


    On the way home I swung through Kiehls' store (recommended by Everso) to smell their brand new EDT- Forest Rain and somehow the original store not only didnt have even a sample of their own fragrance, the SAs didnt even know when its coming in. but they loaded me up with samples of lotions and body washes(no clue why but ok).


    So, all in all.....it was a pretty fun trip....ended up with four bottles( The One, Edition Blanche, Riverside Drive and refill of Musc Ravageur), spent about 450 dollars and got busloads of samples.....

    Chime in Guys and Gals!
    Last edited by Michael Picasso; 18th August 2008 at 03:42 AM.

  8. #8
    Basenotes Institution
    mikeperez23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    26,516

    Default Re: A Day on The Town...

    Quote Originally Posted by acceptfacts View Post
    as far as The One......it reminds me of a female fragrance I used to love on my Ex...but i dont remember which one it was...maybe Caleche....it was something vanilla based with a bit of woods and fruit thrown in there....its bugging me because i'm desperately trying to figure out which female fragrance it reminds me so much of.

    kiehl's shower gels are understated but nice....i wouldnt mind them coming out with a few fragrances....they are owned by estee lauder, so that wouldnt be out of the realm of possibility.
    Caleche by Hermes does NOT smell like The One for Men, I really don't think it can be that. Hmm...now you have me wondering.

    I didn't know Lauder owned Kiehls. Then yes, you're right, they should have some great fragrances in their line too. I am anosmic to the Kiehls Musk, but maybe I'll try the new one as soon as my local Kiehls shop has it.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 17th August 2008 at 11:36 PM.

  9. #9

    Default Re: A Day on The Town...

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Caleche by Hermes does NOT smell like The One for Men, I really don't think it can be that. Hmm...now you have me wondering.

    I didn't know Lauder owned Kiehls. Then yes, you're right, they should have some great fragrances in their line too. I am anosmic to the Kiehls Musk, but maybe I'll try the new one as soon as my local Kiehls shop has it.
    yes, the SA in Kiehl's told me that it was bought by Lauder 6 years ago....and i have heard some very good buzz about Green Forest....so i'm excited and another good thing is, i'm sure the price will be decent as opposed to most niche offerings with quality hopefully almost as high.
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

    My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

  10. #10
    Moderator

    Redneck Perfumisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Spiritually, Kansas
    Posts
    13,298
    Blog Entries
    37

    Default Re: A Day on The Town...

    Great trip report - loved it! One thing that I smelled this weekend that I had never smelled before was the one for women. Wow! It has a distinct resemblance to the one for men (which I love), but with an added floral component that is just strong enough to make it a tiny bit off of unisex, IMO. I could definitely see wearing this frag - as much as any of the florals for men out there. I'm considering a buy for the wife - she liked it, but refused to admit it because she was being cheap and didn't want me to buy yet another bottle for her. However, she admitted liking it under duress.

    I'm looking forward to that Kenzo, too. You may just have to spray it on big-time to keep it from fading. A lot of Kenzo scents seem to be like that.

    Could the scent you are being reminded of be Narciso Rodriguez For Her? I would definitely say that the ladies' version of the one reminded me of that one.

    Such a shame about these occasional dimorphist SAs, like the one you got. At the very least, they should be remembering that old saw that "the customer is always right" - particularly when knowledgeable about product. The guy at Dillards showing me the one for ladies seemed clearly unconcerned with whom I was potentially buying it for. I think he realized completely that it was just a damn good scent.

    Sad about the Gucci, but great to hear about Riverside Drive!

    PS - acceptfacts - regarding your earlier question on that other thread - the frag you recommended to me a long time back was the Chanel Allure Homme Sport, for One-Start SSD. I actually bought the Cologne version instead (also one star), since I liked the citrus-wood combination a bit better than the citrus-spice. At the time, I was in "new to Basenotes, abandon all light scents and AdG" mode, and was laughing at sport frags and light colognes like that. That rec taught me to get off my high horse. I loved that one-star scent so much, I was fighting the urge to wear it every day! It's still a fave, and I rec it to people all the time.

  11. #11

    Default Re: A Day on The Town...

    i'm sure i'm repeating people because i barely had a chance to read over other responses, but great choice on RIverside Drive. I really like Maurice Roucel's work and really enjoy the sample I have of that. I'll eventually buy it, I swear! Same with Musc Ravageur...He really has a a wonderful portfolio.


    To Acceptfacts.. I actually splurged once after a sample and bought a bottle of Chinatown (a Swarovski bottle no less) and really enjoyed it.. unfortunately the girl I was dating at the time liked it so much that she wore it enough that I now associate it with her and had to sell it.
    Point is... you should buy a bottle. I got a really positive response and might even end up getting a small bottle now that I don't think of that.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

  12. #12

    Default Re: A Day on The Town...

    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Great trip report - loved it! One thing that I smelled this weekend that I had never smelled before was the one for women. Wow! It has a distinct resemblance to the one for men (which I love), but with an added floral component that is just strong enough to make it a tiny bit off of unisex, IMO. I could definitely see wearing this frag - as much as any of the florals for men out there. I'm considering a buy for the wife - she liked it, but refused to admit it because she was being cheap and didn't want me to buy yet another bottle for her. However, she admitted liking it under duress.

    I'm looking forward to that Kenzo, too. You may just have to spray it on big-time to keep it from fading. A lot of Kenzo scents seem to be like that.

    Could the scent you are being reminded of be Narciso Rodriguez For Her? I would definitely say that the ladies' version of the one reminded me of that one.

    Such a shame about these occasional dimorphist SAs, like the one you got. At the very least, they should be remembering that old saw that "the customer is always right" - particularly when knowledgeable about product. The guy at Dillards showing me the one for ladies seemed clearly unconcerned with whom I was potentially buying it for. I think he realized completely that it was just a damn good scent.

    Sad about the Gucci, but great to hear about Riverside Drive!

    PS - acceptfacts - regarding your earlier question on that other thread - the frag you recommended to me a long time back was the Chanel Allure Homme Sport, for One-Start SSD. I actually bought the Cologne version instead (also one star), since I liked the citrus-wood combination a bit better than the citrus-spice. At the time, I was in "new to Basenotes, abandon all light scents and AdG" mode, and was laughing at sport frags and light colognes like that. That rec taught me to get off my high horse. I loved that one-star scent so much, I was fighting the urge to wear it every day! It's still a fave, and I rec it to people all the time.

    hmmmm.....i would think it might be NR for Her however i'm almost 100% sure she didnt wear NR for her.....

    another recommendation from Chanel house.....the one I just got - Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche, my god what a wonderful scent.....the combination of extremely fresh and tart lemon with wonderful creamy vetiver and woods is just gorgeous.....absolutely sexy.
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

    My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

  13. #13

    Default Re: A Day on The Town...

    Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    i'm sure i'm repeating people because i barely had a chance to read over other responses, but great choice on RIverside Drive. I really like Maurice Roucel's work and really enjoy the sample I have of that. I'll eventually buy it, I swear! Same with Musc Ravageur...He really has a a wonderful portfolio.


    To Acceptfacts.. I actually splurged once after a sample and bought a bottle of Chinatown (a Swarovski bottle no less) and really enjoyed it.. unfortunately the girl I was dating at the time liked it so much that she wore it enough that I now associate it with her and had to sell it.
    Point is... you should buy a bottle. I got a really positive response and might even end up getting a small bottle now that I don't think of that.


    yes go for it......to me, Riverside Drive is what i wanted Platinum Egoiste to be.....

    and you are right....i will give chinatown a full wearing from the sample i took from bond store....and if there is one good thing about Bond samples, its the ample amount they supply you with.....

    i do have to go through at least 4-5 more scents from Bond that i'm very curious about...

    P.S you tried Nuits de Noho from Bond #9? love that fragrance....I think you will too (in case you dont own it already).
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

    My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

  14. #14

    Default Re: A Day on The Town...

    GREAT post hahahaha... and congratulations on your purchases!

  15. #15

    Default Re: A Day on The Town...

    I love Bond because most of the time I have no problems finding a big bottle for cheaper than retail and a scent that is just what im looking for. Their scents just seem to go great with my image and age. My latest purchase? Lexington Avenue. I loved my sample and just had to get it. It was actually a close comparison - I had 3 choices: Scent of Peace, Chinatown, or Lexington Avenue.

  16. #16

    Default Re: A Day on The Town...

    if there are any Bonds tht im totally intrigued about, its - Chinatown, Riverside Drive, Silver factory and West Side. im glad you tried least two of them....ill watch this space for ur views on them...thnx for sharing.

  17. #17

    Default Re: A Day on The Town...

    Quote Originally Posted by s0me0nesmind1 View Post
    I love Bond because most of the time I have no problems finding a big bottle for cheaper than retail and a scent that is just what im looking for. Their scents just seem to go great with my image and age. My latest purchase? Lexington Avenue. I loved my sample and just had to get it. It was actually a close comparison - I had 3 choices: Scent of Peace, Chinatown, or Lexington Avenue.
    the male SA was pushing Lexington ave hard and I did find it interesting since I rarely seen an almost cotton candy accord pushed at males or unisex direction...and i found that the scent itself was young, playful but interesting...i have a sample ofit and will give it a closer look.

    Scent of Piece is a beautiful fragrance....the unisex/"feminine" offerings from Bond are the most interesting ones to me
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

    My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

  18. #18

    Default Re: A Day on The Town...

    Quote Originally Posted by nthny View Post
    GREAT post hahahaha... and congratulations on your purchases!
    thanks anthony...and your avatar always reminds me when I need to go back to L'artisan boutique at Barney's.
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

    My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

  19. #19

    Default Re: A Day on The Town...

    Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    if there are any Bonds tht im totally intrigued about, its - Chinatown, Riverside Drive, Silver factory and West Side. im glad you tried least two of them....ill watch this space for ur views on them...thnx for sharing.
    yup..I will give them a full run before writing more explicit reviews......
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

    My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

  20. #20
    Moderator

    Redneck Perfumisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Spiritually, Kansas
    Posts
    13,298
    Blog Entries
    37

    Default Re: A Day on The Town...

    Quote Originally Posted by acceptfacts View Post
    another recommendation from Chanel house.....the one I just got - Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche, my god what a wonderful scent.....the combination of extremely fresh and tart lemon with wonderful creamy vetiver and woods is just gorgeous.....absolutely sexy.
    Cool! I've been wanting an excuse to hit the Chanel counter, and I've been curious about that one, too. I was going to pass it up because I figured it might be too similar to either the original or either of the sports. Sounds like a winner. Thanks!!!
    * * * *

  21. #21

    Default Re: A Day on The Town...

    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Cool! I've been wanting an excuse to hit the Chanel counter, and I've been curious about that one, too. I was going to pass it up because I figured it might be too similar to either the original or either of the sports. Sounds like a winner. Thanks!!!
    another one....stop by any Bonds boutique and get a sample of Bleecker Street........i think i'm in love. =*)

    in fact get samples of pretty much all Bonds...Bond #9 is very liberal with their samples and the sample vials are huge.

    wow...wow...wow....i'm getting a bottle of this before the week ends.
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

    My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

  22. #22

    Default Re: A Day on The Town...

    Quote Originally Posted by acceptfacts View Post
    another one....stop by any Bonds boutique and get a sample of Bleecker Street........i think i'm in love. =*)

    in fact get samples of pretty much all Bonds...Bond #9 is very liberal with their samples and the sample vials are huge.

    wow...wow...wow....i'm getting a bottle of this before the week ends.
    Haha I said the same thing when I first smelled it. Try central park too - its kinda similar but I particularly like it because like Bleecker Street, it's very versatile.

    I actually purchased my Bleecker Street bottle because I originally found the scent because I bought a sample pack of decants and that was one the seller chose. Just noted that to show how a decant sale can actually help a fragrance house

  23. #23

    Default Re: A Day on The Town...

    Quote Originally Posted by s0me0nesmind1 View Post
    Haha I said the same thing when I first smelled it. Try central park too - its kinda similar but I particularly like it because like Bleecker Street, it's very versatile.

    I actually purchased my Bleecker Street bottle because I originally found the scent because I bought a sample pack of decants and that was one the seller chose. Just noted that to show how a decant sale can actually help a fragrance house
    i like central park as well.....it stood out to me....bright, green and bright...maybe the best green dominated fragrance out there
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

    My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

  24. #24

    Default Re: A Day on The Town...

    Bleecker Street reminded me of what an ex used to wear so I´m greta it works for all you guys

    I heard that people feel many Bond scents are very much like another perfume already out there, is there a list of that somewhere? It would make ordering samples easier if I know a bit how the perfume smells like.

    On the SA, I had a Guerlain SA tell me Jicky was never made and she gave me a look that said ´poor little girl doesn´t know a thing, best be gentle with her and stir her to the Dior section to get rid of her´.

  25. #25

    Default Re: A Day on The Town...

    Quote Originally Posted by Lian View Post
    Bleecker Street reminded me of what an ex used to wear so I´m greta it works for all you guys

    I heard that people feel many Bond scents are very much like another perfume already out there, is there a list of that somewhere? It would make ordering samples easier if I know a bit how the perfume smells like.

    On the SA, I had a Guerlain SA tell me Jicky was never made and she gave me a look that said ´poor little girl doesn´t know a thing, best be gentle with her and stir her to the Dior section to get rid of her´.
    Hmmm....well lets see if i can help you make a list.

    From the feminine/unisex side

    ChinaTown
    Lexington Ave
    Nuits De Noho
    Scent of Peace
    Chelsea Flowers

    from the rest

    New Haarlem
    Central Park
    Riverside Drive
    WestSide
    Eau De NewYork
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

    My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

Similar Threads

  1. Just One Day......
    By Divatologist in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 19th July 2008, 03:24 PM
  2. Azzaro - Father's Day beckons
    By manicboy in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11th June 2008, 02:06 PM
  3. SotD vs. Fragrance of the Day
    By PigeonMurderer in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 21st July 2006, 01:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •