Code of Conduct

Default Grey Flannel Original or Reformulate?

I posted this thread yesterday under the title "Grey Flannel", but I only got 1 reply. I am posting it again under a more clear title, hopefully I get more replies. Does anyone know if the Grey Flannel that comes in a box is the same as the one that came in a flannel pouch ( which I think is the calssic ), or it has been reformulated? Has anyone compare the two? I've read alot of good reviews, I wanted to know which one they were for. Thanks.
    Last edited by farno; 18th August 2008 at 07:33 AM.

Default Re: Grey Flannel classic verses new.

Test it before you buy it. I gave my bottle for free at the basenotes marketplace. To me, GF is a nightmare, really horrible. Beware!!

I saw your thread ....
    You need to understand if people don't know the anwser they won't respond .
    Posting it again really isn't a good idea ... now we have two identical threads .
    You could have edited it > Go to original post hit > edit then > advanced edit & changed the title ... I often do this fishing for answers & it works by using the key words .
    I think your title can still be improved !! ... try Grey Flannel Original or Reformulated ?
    One last thing if its been discussed before I doubt the older wiser one's will really take the time to answer !! .... why ?
    ... because they don't have time or its been answered many times before .
    My opinion is all newb's must learn how to use the search function .
    Have you searched ?
    It easy , hit search > then advanced > then titles only .
    Good luck in finding your answer
    I would like to know too
    cheers

Farno,
    Dimitrios really has it right. I don't know the answer so I didn't post. Same with other readers no doubt. If we don't know we hope someone else knows and can answer.

I'll delete your previous thread.
    Thanks Dimitrios.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Default Re: Grey Flannel Original or Reformulate?

well done farno & thanks Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios View Post
    I saw your thread ....
    You need to understand if people don't know the anwser they won't respond .
    Posting it again really isn't a good idea ... now we have two identical threads .
    You could have edited it > Go to original post hit > edit then > advanced edit & changed the title ... I often do this fishing for answers & it works by using the key words .
    I think your title can still be improved !! ... try Grey Flannel Original or Reformulated ?
    One last thing if its been discussed before I doubt the older wiser one's will really take the time to answer !! .... why ?
    ... because they don't have time or its been answered many times before .
    My opinion is all newb's must learn how to use the search function .
    Have you searched ?
    It easy , hit search > then advanced > then titles only .
    Good luck in finding your answer
    I would like to know too
    cheers
    You are right, but I thought the title was the reason that no one responded since it was already discussed. I recently bought this scent from TJ maxx and I like it I think I like the mid notes the best.
    On another site, a reviewer wrote that the Original was the real thing and that he loved it, and hated the reformulated stuff.
    Thanks again.
    Thanks for the info for the search function etc. and the suggestion for the title. I changed it.

Thanks Chris.

To the best of my knowledge, there is only one Grey Flannel - thank heavens.

If it's the same dark bottle in the pouch as the dark bottle in the box, with Grey Flannel written on both of them - which it looked like to me last time I casually looked at a pouch - I think it would be safe to assume it's the same stuff.

The only confusion that may arise is when you see a clear bottle with Eau de Grey Flannel written on it, which is very different from the original.
    Renato

P.S. These Grey Flannel threads that have popped up recently prompted me to spray some on my hand. Which in turn prompted me to wonder how I could ever have convinced myself that I didn't mind it. I have to put up with it for about an hour before it turns into something that I think is half wearable.
    Last edited by Renato; 18th August 2008 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LuciusVorenus View Post
    Test it before you buy it. I gave my bottle for free at the basenotes marketplace. To me, GF is a nightmare, really horrible. Beware!!

Couldn't agree more. This stuff is vile!