Code of Conduct

Thread: Azygos?

Default Azygos?

Today I'm wearing Azygos, by Azygos, apparently.
    http://www.basenotes.net/ID26122340.html

Three sample vials of it were left in an old box from my high school days in the early eighties--score! Doggone early eighties sample vials were small too. I had to use a whole one to get one wearing rubbed over the shoulders, forearms and neck today. One of today's sample vial sizes would have been twice this size.

On to the scent. It seems a lighter variation on Givenchy's Xeryus. Some kind of geranium in the middle, I think, with some powder around the base and maybe some thicker citrus but it might be rooty verbena around the edges.

It smells very go-lucky summertime fun guy circa 1982. The Basenotes directory says its still in production but I've never seen it anywhere. Anyone out there have experience with it?

(I sure like the old box of high school period samples. I guess I raided department store fragrance counters for samples quite a lot then. Best of all, there's a sample of what a girlfriend wore in the old box. It's discontinued, and takes me back to fun times.)
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Default Re: Azygos?

Don't know azygos, sorry. But please - what else was in the box?
    "Donít try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. Ē - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Hirch,
    Unfortunately the Azygos was the only really unheard of one, but there are a dozen or so finger-long vials of JHL in folders, a long Givenchy Gentleman sample from the period, the three Azygos folders, Roger&Gallet's old L'Homme, Oscar de la Renta Pour Lui ("A Classic for a Man"), and Pierre Cardin Man's Cologne.

I wish there were more. I knew I'd be trying the Azygos first for the huge whattzit value.

It's very neat to have this old box come back to me. Think of all of us creating our old-boxes-to-be with the samples we stash in one place today.
    --Chris

Blog Entries

the only thing i know about Azygos is:

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    Hirch,
    Unfortunately the Azygos was the only really unheard of one, but there are a dozen or so finger-long vials of JHL in folders, a long Givenchy Gentleman sample from the period, the three Azygos folders, Roger&Gallet's old L'Homme, Oscar de la Renta Pour Lui ("A Classic for a Man"), and Pierre Cardin Man's Cologne.

I wish there were more. I knew I'd be trying the Azygos first for the huge whattzit value.

It's very neat to have this old box come back to me. Think of all of us creating our old-boxes-to-be with the samples we stash in one place today.
    --Chris
    Great - some vintage gentleman - nice! the R&G too - and the others, great find!
    "Donít try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. Ē - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Nice find / rediscovery
    Sounds really Greek this one Chris ....
    I guess its Ok smelling like a Givenchy ?

Wish I could find my bottle of cologne I used in junior high! Been wondering what the heck it was for ages.

Now the Azygos is pumping out a really nice rose note, sort of like the Chanel No.19 drydown rose, but in Azygos it's rose over hot smelling sand. Kinda cool. I like it more and more.

I like the high school associations too. Reminds me that my nose tastes must have been shaped in part by what was new and glitzy on the counters then.
    --Chris

Dust ... make sure you take your review over to the directory when your satisfied with it after a few wearings ...
    its still listed as available but that must be wrong .
    So Chris even at this early stage do you recomend one to track down in the future ? ...

How did you find the box? Did you even remember having it?
    Last edited by knightowl; 21st August 2008 at 05:24 AM.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

My crazy mom, Knightowl, yellin' at me from half a continent about junk she found in the closet that I never cleaned up. Score! Put those samples junk in the mail, Mom!

But it arrived just before I moved early in the spring. Happened across the box while digging in another packed box for something else. Don't I wish it were full bottles though.

This Azygos is pretty cool. I'd wear this many times again if I were to come across a bottle, Dimitrios. For sure. I'll certainly have to put up a review. I agree though, it simply has to be discontinued.