Code of Conduct

Default Hypnose Homme - Gaultier≤ qualities with YSL l'Homme sensuality

Hypnose. I didn't expect much from it.
    But boy was I surprised.

It starts with spicy topnotes.
    When it dries down, the amber is very very prominent.
    There is still enough spicyness to it to keep it manly.

This has the amber qualities from Gaultier≤, but with a toned down vanilla.
    It's not the muscled vanilla beast that Gaultier≤ is.
    The vanilla is correctly done for a male fragrance. More vanilla and it could be unisex.

It also reminds me of a richer YSL l'Homme.... they both have the same sensual feeling.

If you like JPG Le Male, but you want to smell more different and more sophysticated, try this one.
    This is the masculine version of Gaultier≤.
    But the longevity and sillage aren't as good as Gaultier≤.

If you share similar feelings, or you totally disagree, please post.

I do wonder why Hypnose is not talked about at all here on Basenotes.

Oh by the way, can some one recommend me a perfume with a lot of amber, that has good longevity and sillage (niche included) ?
    Last edited by Suppressor; 20th August 2008 at 10:11 PM.

Default Re: Hypnose Homme - Gaultier≤ qualities with YSL l'Homme sensuality

I really like it as well. I also have the fresh version which smells like .........a fresher/lighter version of Hypnose. You are right, that it is not too popular here. I guess the important thing is that *you* like it.

I've always liked Hypnose, but that's a minority opinion around here. I hadn't smelled it in a while and tried it a couple nights ago, and the amber wasn't as rich as I remembered. It's still nice in my book, tho.

I too am a fan of Hypnose. I've often wondered why it isn't discussed often on here, but I figured I just wasn't exposed to finer more discussion worthy fragrances. But I have sampled quite a few, and this one is still better than many I have tried. I haven't tried gautier 2, but hypnose is slighty reminiscent of Le male. Not as spicy/citrucy, but there's some similarity. To me, this is my Le male substitute, which I love but refuse to wear due to its popularity.

Count me as another Hypnose fan... sweet, spicy lavender and amber. Great stuff and a fantastic bottle to boot.

Blog Entries

I'll admit that I liked it in the store. I thought it was fairly distinctive. If my wife had liked it, I might have made an impulse buy, but she was kind of so-so on it, so we looked at other things. I haven't tried it again since.

I also like YSL L'Homme, so I see that similarity, too.

I'm glad somebody is admitting to liking it. And yeah - great bottle, too! I think the hypno-dude with the hand on the bottle is a great ad, although it's just a tad creepy. "You will buy this fragrance..."

The Hypno dude is Clive Owen great actor, anyway a few comments here I love Hypnose Homme and it is one of the most complimented fragrances I have every worn (well all my fragrances get complimented but this one gets better compliments) I see the resemblence to Le Male as well. I can't find the Fresh version of Hypnose though I would be willing to give it a shot but the Macy's or Belk (which both have Hypnose don't have the Fraice version). I bought my Hypnose in a gift set came with a deo at Marshall's for $19.99. Anyway one more note on this tread..........I can't believe you guys can't wear Le Male because it is to popular man where I hang out it is all Acqua Di Gio, Fierce, Curve, Nautica, Adidas, Paris Hilton, Sean John and a few wear Stetson Fresh. It is rare that I am around someone wearing Le Male, Hane Mori, Hypnose or any other sweet smelling cologne. I guess I got lucky that all the people I am around don't care about fragrance and go for the Fresh crap.

The bottle put me off, so I've always overlooked it when testing. Should give it a try sometime. Gaultier≤ smells very boozey on me and I seldom wear it these days.

Quote Originally Posted by tbp82 View Post
    The Hypno dude is Clive Owen great actor, anyway a few comments here I love Hypnose Homme and it is one of the most complimented fragrances I have every worn (well all my fragrances get complimented but this one gets better compliments) I see the resemblence to Le Male as well. I can't find the Fresh version of Hypnose though I would be willing to give it a shot but the Macy's or Belk (which both have Hypnose don't have the Fraice version). I bought my Hypnose in a gift set came with a deo at Marshall's for $19.99. .
    Hypnose Eau Fraiche is still available on Dillards' website:

http://www.dillards.com/webapp/wcs/s...&IN_MERCH=true

Quote Originally Posted by tbp82 View Post
    The Hypno dude is Clive Owen great actor, anyway a few comments here I love Hypnose Homme and it is one of the most complimented fragrances I have every worn (well all my fragrances get complimented but this one gets better compliments) I see the resemblence to Le Male as well. I can't find the Fresh version of Hypnose though I would be willing to give it a shot but the Macy's or Belk (which both have Hypnose don't have the Fraice version). I bought my Hypnose in a gift set came with a deo at Marshall's for $19.99. Anyway one more note on this tread..........I can't believe you guys can't wear Le Male because it is to popular man where I hang out it is all Acqua Di Gio, Fierce, Curve, Nautica, Adidas, Paris Hilton, Sean John and a few wear Stetson Fresh. It is rare that I am around someone wearing Le Male, Hane Mori, Hypnose or any other sweet smelling cologne. I guess I got lucky that all the people I am around don't care about fragrance and go for the Fresh crap.
    Cool where do you live? Thats nice to see that Marshalls has that one already. Anyway, I've said a long, long time ago that hypnose smelled like Gaultier2, but nobody listened.

I live in Tennessee................I have only tried Gaultier≤ on paper and it seems okay but since I already have Hypnose would you recommend getting Gaultier≤?

I don't think they're that similar at all, other than the fact that they're both fairly rich.

Hypnose gift set is available at my Marshalls for $24.99 already. so is the new calvin klein Man gift set.
    Last edited by Maz24; 21st August 2008 at 05:53 PM.