Code of Conduct

Default Dior Homme Sport. Mainstream fiasco.

Perfumer: François Demachy.

Contains: Citron, grapefruit, bergamot, rosemary, elemi, , cedar, vetiver, ginger , lavender, rosemary, sandalwood.

With its invigorating freshness, Dior Homme Sport try to step outside of the other “Homme” predecessors, as this one don’t really have anything in common.
    While Dior Homme innovated the perfume market starting “the real successful flowery men perfumes” with the lipstick hint of iris for men, Dior Homme Sport’s spicy freshness uses ginger to evoke the sporting spirit.

“D.H. Sport”, is a mainstream zesty, and remains on its own life fresh, soft spicy and linear. Main notes are citron, ginger and vetiver.
    It opens as it finish, fresh and citrusy. I only can detect citron, despiste the grapefruit accords, normally, shows as a grand, strong note.
    It comes quickly a sweet accord of cedar wood and a aromatic touch of elemi. The whole perfume remains citrus ahead, while you can detect, after two of three sniffs the touch of a raw, peppery ginger root, and a dry lavender accord in the background.
    As I mention above, the juice ends calm and fresh, when the sandalwood and the vetiver gives the whole formula a down to earth.
    Nothing really important to mention about this perfume, a popular classy cologne for the mainstream public.
    Read my perfume reviews at: http://perfumenoparatodos.blogspot.com/

Digital art portfolio: www.dreamlandpostcards.com

Default Re: Dior Homme Sport. Mainstream fiasco.

Hm, I don't find this so fresh at all. It opens with citrus notes, but pretty soon, sweeter undertones (very) faintly reminiscent of Dior Homme step into the scene. In the end I thought of it as a brighter and simpler version of Brit for Men. "Mainstream fiasco", I am not sure. I guess some people (not necesseraily you Madrid) are expecting another DH Cologne, which would not make too much sense. After all, this is the fourth version of DH to choose from, and to make an utterly elegant fragrance like DH into something "sporty" does indeed take some effort - resulting in a scent only vaguely reminiscent of its original.

I have noticed that many posters here bash the new Dior cologne. I have not been able to give this one a try because it will be coming to Russia only in September, but i would disagree that the new sport version is a mainstream fiasco. Quite on the contrary, it will be a mainstream success - a fiasco is happening only here on the forum because people always try to find faults with everything. this is a common trend with almost everyone.
    I think that the cologne will become successful in Russia, the general public will like it. I personally cannot recollect a bad fragrance by Dior from recent launches. All of its fragrances, including originals and their variations, have been successful. Higher and Higher Energy, Fahrenheit and Fahrenheit 32 (i absolutely adore the 32 version), so now it's time for Dior Homme and its sport spin off. It will be a success. I predict.
    Just look at what Chanel has done with its Allure. I don't know what's happening in Europe or in America, but in Russia everyone LOVES Allure Homme Sport. It has become one of the biggest best-sellers in the country. People ignore the original Allure and prefer the sport version. The same is with Egoiste - Platinum Egoiste is far more popular.
    I am looking forward to finally trying Dior Homme Sport just because of the fact that, as people say here, it has nothing in common with the original. I am sure it's gonna be a great everyday frag.

Boring, mainstream, short-lived citrus-sports-cologne crap. It was gone within 2 hours, had no projection whatsoever. Any questions?
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Quote Originally Posted by Diman View Post
    I have noticed that many posters here bash the new Dior cologne. I have not been able to give this one a try because it will be coming to Russia only in September, but i would disagree that the new sport version is a mainstream fiasco. Quite on the contrary, it will be a mainstream success - a fiasco is happening only here on the forum because people always try to find faults with everything. this is a common trend with almost everyone.
    I think that the cologne will become successful in Russia, the general public will like it. I personally cannot recollect a bad fragrance by Dior from recent launches. All of its fragrances, including originals and their variations, have been successful. Higher and Higher Energy, Fahrenheit and Fahrenheit 32 (i absolutely adore the 32 version), so now it's time for Dior Homme and its sport spin off. It will be a success. I predict.
    Just look at what Chanel has done with its Allure. I don't know what's happening in Europe or in America, but in Russia everyone LOVES Allure Homme Sport. It has become one of the biggest best-sellers in the country. People ignore the original Allure and prefer the sport version. The same is with Egoiste - Platinum Egoiste is far more popular.
    I am looking forward to finally trying Dior Homme Sport just because of the fact that, as people say here, it has nothing in common with the original. I am sure it's gonna be a great everyday frag.
    This is, I think, what people are responding to. Dior Homme is loved because it's unique and not another 'Allure Homme Sport' (which I like). Dior is most certainly creating a mainstream commercial success, based on the Dior Homme name, instead of putting the effort into making another unique product. In a way it's sort of blasphemous because DH is soooo good. On the other hand Dior needs to make money like any other company and if they can have a worldwide success like AHS they will.

I tried this scent at Sephora and i found it to be very good i liked it alot. i wonder what the price point is going to be though. anyway I thought it was a very clean citrus scent. very comforting. and i dig th ered accents of the spray nozzle. lol anyway at the drydown it smelled similar to so many other scents out there. i hate that .

Mainstream fiasco is harsh.
    I wore this for the first time earlier this week and found it to be quite pleasant.
    I applaud Dior for not just taking the approach of hewing too closely to the original formula.
    This Sport edition is clean and fresh and if we on Basenotes don't see it as something radical and new that does not mean it won't be a mainstream success.
    I'd more correctly label this thread "Dior Homme Sport. Basenotes Fiasco"
    Even then I'd wear this over a lot of other designer frags at my local department store.
    So I guess I wouldn't label it as a fiasco at all.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Somerville Metro Man View Post
    Mainstream fiasco is harsh.
    I wore this for the first time earlier this week and found it to be quite pleasant.
    I applaud Dior for not just taking the approach of hewing too closely to the original formula.
    This Sport edition is clean and fresh and if we on Basenotes don't see it as something radical and new that does not mean it won't be a mainstream success.
    I'd more correctly label this thread "Dior Homme Sport. Basenotes Fiasco"
    Even then I'd wear this over a lot of other designer frags at my local department store.
    So I guess I wouldn't label it as a fiasco at all.
    I agree SMM. I tried this a couple of days ago at Sephora. It was nice. Was it ground-breaking - No. I think someone looking for a clean, fresh scent should look at this over such things like Versace Homme, IZOD, the new Tommy Hilfiger, and a lot of other similar recent releases.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 21st August 2008 at 06:27 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

yup!!! see what i mean!! people are so brutal. ha ha DHS is an ok fragrance not bad at all. but i do agree the original DH is brilliant! power house frag with out making me smell like my dad

I picked this up earlier today, I think its really nice for daily wear. I also bought dior homme with it which I plan to use once the weather gets cooler.

I think it's bloody brilliant. The more I smell it, the more I like it.
    I love Jasmine.

Just to let you know guys that Dior Homme Sport appeared in a Russian online perfume store priced at $140. Is this s fair price? is this what it is worth in other countries?????

Just to let you know guys that Dior Homme Sport appeared in a Russian online perfume store priced at $140. Is this s fair price? is this what it is worth in other countries?????
    $140 USD? Does that include shipping too or is that extra?

Either way, I think it's definitely on the higher side.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

No, this is the price for a 100ml bottle net. I guess it has become the most expensive mainstream cologne in Russia.

Can anybody tell me if Dior Homme Sport is the US branding of Dior Homme Cologne? I actually love the cologne....
    My summer favs: Penhaligon's - Racquets; Acqua di Parma - Colonia Assoluta; Dior - Homme Cologne
    My winter favs: Chanel - Antaeus; Guerlain - Habit Rouge EdT; YSL - Kouros; Calvin Klein - Eternity; Burberry - Brit; Comme des Garçons - Wonderwood

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Fab View Post
    Can anybody tell me if Dior Homme Sport is the US branding of Dior Homme Cologne? I actually love the cologne....
    No. They are two different fragrances.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Xcellent, thanks!
    My summer favs: Penhaligon's - Racquets; Acqua di Parma - Colonia Assoluta; Dior - Homme Cologne
    My winter favs: Chanel - Antaeus; Guerlain - Habit Rouge EdT; YSL - Kouros; Calvin Klein - Eternity; Burberry - Brit; Comme des Garçons - Wonderwood

Here in the US the 100ml is around $70-80. $140 seems absurd for a new release.