Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Institution

Talking Has any New York Basenoters smelled Bendelirious by Etat Libre d'Orange?

That crazy niche line Etat Libre d'Orange was supposed to release an exclusive scent to Henri Bendel in NY, named Bendelirious. I'm not kidding.

If you think the name sounds ridiculous (everytime I see the name I want to say, 'Fergilicious') the list of notes is even more ridiculous: iris, leather, cherry lollipop, violet, pink peppercorn and champagne accord.

It was supposed to be released in June, in a 50 ml size.

Anyone brave enough to make it down to Fifth Avenue to sniff this one? Ruggles...I'm looking at you!

Info from Now Smell This

Default Re: Has any New York Basenoters smelled Bendelirious by Etat Libre d'Orange?

I've been asking the guys at Henri Bendels about this every week when I stop in on my walk from my studio. They laugh and say my guess is as good as theirs. I however recently found an Etats Libre I think I like and whose name I LOVE. Hotel Whore. I mean it doesn't get any better. "What are you wearing?" "Hotel Whore, hmm still dripping down my chest from the last blast."

Cheers,
    Al

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Has any New York Basenoters smelled Bendelirious by Etat Libre d'Orange?

Quote Originally Posted by anak View Post
    I've been asking the guys at Henri Bendels about this every week when I stop in on my walk from my studio. They laugh and say my guess is as good as theirs. I however recently found an Etats Libre I think I like and whose name I LOVE. Hotel Whore. I mean it doesn't get any better. "What are you wearing?" "Hotel Whore, hmm still dripping down my chest from the last blast."

Cheers,
    Al
    How strange...maybe ELDO did a 'PR' of it, before the actual scent was ready. Please report back on this thread, should you smell it in the future.

I remember reading that Putain Des Palaces (Hotel Whore) smelled like Aimez Moi by Caron, in that it featured a similar floral/powdery/jammy accord. Would you agree? Feisthauer who also did Eau des Merveilles by Hermes did this scent, so it piqued my interest when it came out...but the rice powder notes and comments from online bloggers scard me away from trying it. Is it powdery?
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 22nd August 2008 at 06:44 PM.

I would be interested in trying this..

I wish Bendel's website wasn't so freaking annoying...

Basenotes Institution

Henri Bendel has this on their website for sale now - link here

Their description of Bendelirious sounds positively feminine, no?

anak - get over there and smell this and report back!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Henri Bendel has this on their website for sale now - link here

Their description of Bendelirious sounds positively feminine, no?

anak - get over there and smell this and report back!
    Yes sir! Bendelirious seems like it'll be way too girly smelling. Cherry lollipop?? Ohhhh the allusions I can draw from that!

Oh as for "Hotel Whore," its not powdery at all. Delicious Closet Quuen is much more powdery and soft. Hotel Whore is lush and crisp.

Cheers,
    Al