Code of Conduct

Default Why have I never smelled Angel Men on anyone?

I have to write this because today as I picked up my Angel Men chrome bottle it dawned on - Why have I never smelled this fragrance in crowd of people?

I have sure smelled the likes of Eternity, Dolce, and JPG - but never Angel for men. The women's you can smell every where around town.....

Default Re: Why have I never smelled Angel Men on anyone?

Perhaps it is because the A*Men people see you coming in your Giorgio for Men and move aside to let you pass unimpeded.

At least that is how things work in my impartial mind!
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Wink Re: Why have I never smelled Angel Men on anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    Perhaps it is because the A*Men people see you coming in your Giorgio for Men and move aside to let you pass unimpeded.

At least that is how things work in my impartial mind!
    Aww Shucks....when you think of Grandma - Apple Pie - Old Glory...you gotta think Giorgio for men! The best male fragrance every launched from the shores of the West Coast of the USA! Its a Beverly Hills dream bottled whats better then that???
    Last edited by scentimus; 23rd August 2008 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    Aww Shucks....when you think of Grandma - Apple Pie - Old Glory...you gotta think Giorgio for men! The best male fragrance every launched from the shores of the West Coast of the USA! Its a Beverly Hills dream bottled whats better then that???
    I agree that Giorgio for Men is the best male fragrance ever launched.. [that's a double period for emphasis! ]
    Last edited by TwoRoads; 24th August 2008 at 12:03 AM.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Boy, did I ever smell Angel men on a guy last weekend. I was out shopping with my wife and this guy had bathed in it. It almost made me ill. I was in Stein Mart and it was a headache inducing cloud that followed him. It was really bad. It made me question why anyone would wear it...and I've owned it several times!!

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Boy, did I ever smell Angel men on a guy last weekend. I was out shopping with my wife and this guy had bathed in it. It almost made me ill. I was in Stein Mart and it was a headache inducing cloud that followed him. It was really bad. It made me question why anyone would wear it...and I've owned it several times!!
    Funnily enough, I've only ever smelled it on youngsters bathed in it in shopping malls - hoping to attract someone using the scent alone, I think - kind of sad.
    Renato

Probably because you're one lucky SOB!
    Looking to swap/buy/receive for free () the following samples/decants:
    Indult Tihota & RÍve en Cuir
    Chant d'Aromes extrait
    Vetiver pour Elle (5ml decant)

Selling/swapping:
    Versace The Dreamer 50ml (1.7oz) BNIB
    ---

"The Sunshine bores the daylights outta me!"
    http://polderposh.blogspot.com/

Out here, Angel Men is rather popular... granted, not as popular as Acqua di Gio or Angel for women, but it has a very loyal and diverse fanbase nonetheless, ranging from business execs to hip-hop fans.

I've smelled it on some folks a couple of times... most notably on a person coming into a post office to mail something right after I was done mailing some stuff. Since the post office was in Glenbrook Square (the big mall here), you could smell his sillage all the way down to JCPenney... he applied that much.
    Last edited by MFfan310; 24th August 2008 at 02:32 PM.
    Top 5 for Winter:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Back to Black - By Kilian
    3) M7 (vintage or Oud Absolu) - YSL
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5) John Varvatos Vintage

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Basenotes Institution

Lot's of AMen in 'da clubs', that's for sure.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 24th August 2008 at 02:35 PM.

Vile fragrance, should only be used to force political prisoners and terrorist suspects to talk. Even that would be banned under the Geneva convention.

I know I am around young males when I smell that, Black XS, Sean John Unforgivable and Kenneth Cole RSVP.

I then thank God I am in my forties...
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Where I live not many people wear much other than the fresh citrus and aquatic designer scents, and teen scents from A&F.

I have NEVER, EVER smelled a deeper, darker, oriental or any type of such fragrance on any man here. Ever. Er no wait, okay, besides Le Male, but I hate that scent.