Coming out this September.
    Here is more info:

http://www.mimifroufrou.com/scenteds..._men_2008.html

Default Re: New: Burberry The Beat For Men

strange bottle.

Blog Entries

i'm in. i'm totally getting this.

as a devotion to the MODS and my fascination with 60s london. i loved the female version of Beat when i smelled it...so i was waiting for the male version.

the notes sound great too. look forward to checking it out.

This sounds completely up my alley and since I love Burberry London, I can stay in house
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Looking forward to it.

spicy, woody and fresh? from the house of London and Touch? Count me right in!
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

Sad to say - I am not looking forward to this one : (

Burberry has just became a fragrance mill like Hugo Boss and each new one is more watered down in creativity as the last one....
    Last edited by scentimus; 27th August 2008 at 03:18 AM.

I am looking forward to trying it primarily because i really like and admire London and because I am a sucker for mod style, music and nostalgia..

They have a knack for cool bottle design. Very nice take on Carnaby Street. My only complaint is that I'm sick and tired of new fragrances with "violet leaves" in them. But since Brit Men is one of my fave designer scents and I thought London above average, I'll try this one for sure. Hope it will be released in Germany this year.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Sur la Plage

I am looking forward to trying it.

I think the releases that Burberry has put out are MUCH better then what other designers have done (i.e. Armani, Givenchy, Boss, D&G, Versace, etc.).

I strongly disagree with any statements saying they are a fragrance mill or that their fragrances are watered down in creativity. I would apply those statements to the above mentioned designers.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 27th August 2008 at 04:35 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post

Burberry has just became a fragrance mill like Hugo Boss and each new one is more watered down in creativity as the last one....
    I have to agree.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

I will definitely grab a bottle of this when it comes out.

Respectively disagree. Burberry has a limited amount of scents out there...6 with Summer.. and there is nothing watered down about London. That comment just seems off to me. Boss, on the other hand, has a new version of something old every half year. I wouldn't call anything Burberry has as "Hugo" like. I'm sensing confusion here.
    Last edited by ToughCool; 27th August 2008 at 03:35 PM.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

I couldn't agree more.

Blog Entries

i think some of you are confusing Burberry for Bvlgari...not Bvlgari is a company which makes complete and utter crap! i don't own any Burberry scents, but from what i've tried...they still do use a standard of quality which is pretty decent for a designer company.

Quote Originally Posted by everso View Post
    i think some of you are confusing Burberry for Bvlgari...not Bvlgari is a company which makes complete and utter crap! i don't own any Burberry scents, but from what i've tried...they still do use a standard of quality which is pretty decent for a designer company.
    I love Bulgari Aqua but I also think there is some confusion. They have 6..I believe.. current scents...with Summer...and none of them are "watery" at all except maybe Summer. I'm not sure how London can even fit into this category.
    Last edited by ToughCool; 27th August 2008 at 04:43 PM.
    --Ben Hogan

i love the bottle!!! i think Burberry is so amazing in all of the styling they do to keep traditional with the brand. I mean i would buy the fragrance just for the bottle alone. its so luxe. and as far as their scents.. i adore burberry touch. One of the most comforting amazing brilliant scents alive. so Kudos to the Burb for always being on top of their game.

besos

Burberry makes gorgeous clothing and has a reputation that upholds the concept of the distinguished British dandy. The fragrances are marketing adventures, not well crafted brews. The only Burberry scent that was well executed is the original the others are fads to push the line. It seems that "The Beat" will be no different. Weekend was CK 1 redone, Brit was child puke, Touch was an updated metro Grey Flannel with uneven development, London was a fleeting oriental that has as much presence as the London bridge does in England (the London bridge is in Arizona). I am a Burberry fan so I WISH I could like the scents but I fear Intercos is the problem. They need a real perfumer not a machine.

Cheers,
    Al
    Last edited by anak; 27th August 2008 at 10:13 PM.

They have samples of this at Bloomingdale's if anyone is interested - I have a cold and can't smell anything!