Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 31 to 45 of 45
  1. #31

    Default Re: Red for men.. horrendous!

    Stuff is my staple go to scent I am so stocked up on it now I will have it for the rest of my living life.

  2. #32

    Default Re: Red for men.. horrendous!

    I'm wearing SpiceBomb and there is something about it that reminds me of the original Red for Men...a sweet spiciness that I used to like. As I said above, I won't touch the new stuff.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

  3. #33

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Rock Hill SC, Near Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    615

    Default Re: Red for men.. horrendous!

    I have it. One of those spray-and-walk-through kind of fragrances.

  4. #34
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bucharest
    Posts
    286

    Default Re: Red for men.. horrendous!

    Great scent.

  5. #35
    Dependent bigsteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisc.
    Posts
    1,731

    Default Re: Red for men.. horrendous!

    Saw Red for cheap at TJ Maxx. Thought of getting it, as Giorgio for men is quite good. But in the end I didn't buy Red. Maybe a good thing after reading this thread.

  6. #36

    Default Re: Red for men.. horrendous!

    Love the smell of this,unfortunately the dry down turns fecal on my skin..

  7. #37

    Default Re: Red for men.. horrendous!

    Quote Originally Posted by skism View Post
    Love the smell of this,unfortunately the dry down turns fecal on my skin..
    Many if not most frags of that era had some sort of animalic note, so if you could be more precise it would be helpful. Is it caraway or a "dirty" jasmine note that bothers you, for example?

  8. #38

    Default Re: Red for men.. horrendous!

    I returned mine...

  9. #39

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    2,501

    Default Re: Red for men.. horrendous!

    I don't wear it very often, but I think it's perfectly nice for what it is - a very inexpensive spice fragrance. One could do much, much worse for much, much more money.

  10. #40

    Default Re: Red for men.. horrendous!

    Bought a bottle at Dillard's back in the early 90's. Good stuff.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

  11. #41
    Surfacing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    A Day Dream
    Posts
    4,490

    Default Re: Red for men.. horrendous!

    Before there was Cerel9, there was Blacklibran1.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Aramis New West, Alain Delon Iquitos, Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Oxford & Cambridge, Azzaro pour Homme (vintage),...etc.

    Seeking decant/sample of PdE Ambre Russe, Jil Sander Feeling Man, Comme des Garcons 2 Man, Giorgio VIP, ....etc. I have samples to swap.

    More HERE
    Please PM me !

  12. #42

    Default Re: Red for men.. horrendous!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    Many if not most frags of that era had some sort of animalic note, so if you could be more precise it would be helpful. Is it caraway or a "dirty" jasmine note that bothers you, for example?
    It was not any note,when in the latter stages of dry down it smelled like shit on my skin had to wash it off lol.only this and the newer boss no1 did that on my skin,the original boss no1 did not do this..

  13. #43

    Default Re: Red for men.. horrendous!

    Quote Originally Posted by skism View Post
    It was not any note,when in the latter stages of dry down it smelled like shit on my skin had to wash it off lol.only this and the newer boss no1 did that on my skin,the original boss no1 did not do this..
    That is so strange! I find that both original and new Boss Cologne/#1 have a "dirty" jasmine but Red only has the caraway and perhaps a hint of the "dirty" jasmine. And in original Red, after half an hour or so, the great wood note comes to the fore anyway. I'd be curious to know if others made any comments when you wore Red. Or did you have a craving for garlic whenever you wore Red? LOL.

  14. #44

    Default Re: Red for men.. horrendous!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    That is so strange! I find that both original and new Boss Cologne/#1 have a "dirty" jasmine but Red only has the caraway and perhaps a hint of the "dirty" jasmine. And in original Red, after half an hour or so, the great wood note comes to the fore anyway. I'd be curious to know if others made any comments when you wore Red. Or did you have a craving for garlic whenever you wore Red? LOL.
    I always test indoors before wearing stuff out so I don't have others opinions.lost me on the garlic bit..

  15. #45

    Default Re: Red for men.. horrendous!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    That is so strange! I find that both original and new Boss Cologne/#1 have a "dirty" jasmine but Red only has the caraway and perhaps a hint of the "dirty" jasmine. And in original Red, after half an hour or so, the great wood note comes to the fore anyway. I'd be curious to know if others made any comments when you wore Red. Or did you have a craving for garlic whenever you wore Red? LOL.
    never had a craving for garlic lol but the dirty jasmine to my nose is spot on. I for one like Red. I like the top notes and i like the middle where i think it turns south and not my favorite is the drydown of the scent aka dirty jasmine.

Similar Threads

  1. Red bottles (now with pictures)
    By tang in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 14th May 2013, 07:32 PM
  2. Red fpr men (some historic info I dug up)
    By scentimus in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 29th May 2008, 02:31 PM
  3. Red Bottles Contest Winner!
    By tang in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 7th January 2008, 04:44 PM
  4. What scent to wear with purple and red
    By FufuLaRue in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 2nd January 2008, 02:19 AM
  5. The perfect red lipstick
    By Herb_Lady in forum Cosmetics & Beauty
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 18th May 2006, 02:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000