Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Red for men.. horrendous!

Stuff is my staple go to scent I am so stocked up on it now I will have it for the rest of my living life.

I'm wearing SpiceBomb and there is something about it that reminds me of the original Red for Men...a sweet spiciness that I used to like. As I said above, I won't touch the new stuff.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

I have it. One of those spray-and-walk-through kind of fragrances.

Great scent.

Saw Red for cheap at TJ Maxx. Thought of getting it, as Giorgio for men is quite good. But in the end I didn't buy Red. Maybe a good thing after reading this thread.

Love the smell of this,unfortunately the dry down turns fecal on my skin..

Quote Originally Posted by skism View Post
    Love the smell of this,unfortunately the dry down turns fecal on my skin..
    Many if not most frags of that era had some sort of animalic note, so if you could be more precise it would be helpful. Is it caraway or a "dirty" jasmine note that bothers you, for example?

I returned mine...

I don't wear it very often, but I think it's perfectly nice for what it is - a very inexpensive spice fragrance. One could do much, much worse for much, much more money.

Bought a bottle at Dillard's back in the early 90's. Good stuff.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Before there was Cerel9, there was Blacklibran1.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Aramis New West, Alain Delon Iquitos, Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Oxford & Cambridge, Azzaro pour Homme (vintage),...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of PdE Ambre Russe, Jil Sander Feeling Man, Comme des Garcons 2 Man, Giorgio VIP, ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    Many if not most frags of that era had some sort of animalic note, so if you could be more precise it would be helpful. Is it caraway or a "dirty" jasmine note that bothers you, for example?
    It was not any note,when in the latter stages of dry down it smelled like shit on my skin had to wash it off lol.only this and the newer boss no1 did that on my skin,the original boss no1 did not do this..

Quote Originally Posted by skism View Post
    It was not any note,when in the latter stages of dry down it smelled like shit on my skin had to wash it off lol.only this and the newer boss no1 did that on my skin,the original boss no1 did not do this..
    That is so strange! I find that both original and new Boss Cologne/#1 have a "dirty" jasmine but Red only has the caraway and perhaps a hint of the "dirty" jasmine. And in original Red, after half an hour or so, the great wood note comes to the fore anyway. I'd be curious to know if others made any comments when you wore Red. Or did you have a craving for garlic whenever you wore Red? LOL.

That is so strange! I find that both original and new Boss Cologne/#1 have a "dirty" jasmine but Red only has the caraway and perhaps a hint of the "dirty" jasmine. And in original Red, after half an hour or so, the great wood note comes to the fore anyway. I'd be curious to know if others made any comments when you wore Red. Or did you have a craving for garlic whenever you wore Red? LOL.
    I always test indoors before wearing stuff out so I don't have others opinions.lost me on the garlic bit..

never had a craving for garlic lol but the dirty jasmine to my nose is spot on. I for one like Red. I like the top notes and i like the middle where i think it turns south and not my favorite is the drydown of the scent aka dirty jasmine.