Code of Conduct

Default Quim by Arcana - dark chocolate orange and banana creme

Part of Arcana's recent Tao update. Seemingly just orange liquer in the bottle, on the skin it bloomed into intoxicating Grand Marnier with fragrant cognac and macerated bitter orange, luxurious dark chocolate (no Hersheys here), complex dried fruit, spicy nutmeg, and familiar gingerbread all at once. It then gently settles into a warm (very warm..) musk.

Medium to slight sillage, about 2 persons away. Still evident on me 6 hours on now. No changing into plastic, no funk (not unpleasantly so at least..), no sourness just sometimes a little zingy tartness from the fruit notes. Am now scheming to buy another 10 bottles.

Just under US$16 for 10ml perfume oil.
    Can be found online at The Soap Box Company, Scent Addict and Magical Omaha.

Default Re: Quim by Arcana - dark chocolate orange and banana creme

That sounds like something I'd like to wear on a winter night (whilst inside, of course!).

Also, I'm guessing from the name that that company is not located in the UK? Heh.
    "It's now very common to hear people say "I'm rather offended by that." As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well so fucking what." - Stephen Fry

Am I the only one who finds the name overtly suggestive? Or is that intentional?

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Quote Originally Posted by LedByMyNose View Post
    That sounds like something I'd like to wear on a winter night (whilst inside, of course!).

Also, I'm guessing from the name that that company is not located in the UK? Heh.
    What? You think not many outside of the UK read The Pearl or that longwinded guy named Joyce?

Quote Originally Posted by javagreen View Post
    Am I the only one who finds the name overtly suggestive? Or is that intentional?
    The creator of Quim chose this quote to accompany it:
    " The softest things in the world overcome the hardest things in the world." –Lao Tzu

I really love it! Spiritueuse was vapor thin on me (not to mention the nuclear bomb site hole it left in my wallet ), most of the other chocolates are milk or chocolate wafer-ish, or worse, plastic and I don't like playdoh either. This is a deep, dark, melting chocolate. Also the musk isn't so animalic that I feel the need to walk about brandishing femurs. Just subtly sexy.

The UK is the only place I've ever heard that word used...I think I assumed it was UK slang. As it is, the name was on purpose! That quote is very cheeky and I think I like it.
    "It's now very common to hear people say "I'm rather offended by that." As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well so fucking what." - Stephen Fry

The UK is the only place I've ever heard that word used...I think I assumed it was UK slang. As it is, the name was on purpose! That quote is very cheeky and I think I like it.
    I was thinking the same thing, I too have heard that only from my Brit friends. And, I like the quote too

@Nikkou : Thanks!

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

You are right that it is British, but words do get around, especially of that kind.

Quote Originally Posted by javagreen View Post
    I was thinking the same thing, I too have heard that only from my Brit friends. And, I like the quote too

@Nikkou : Thanks!
    You're welcome! I've come to know of a lot of scents from you all and I'm glad to be able to bring something new to other's notice.

Yes, I'm not sure Lao Tze meant it that way, but then again there must be some deep reason they venerate him as a wise man.

I could never buy a perfume called Quim for fear that someone asks me what I'm wearing. What were they thinking?
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

Now y'all made me run to dictionary.com to see what y'all were talkin about.

I'm just gonna say......Oh my and none for me......thanks.

Now, had it been named after the male counterpart I might haved bathed in it and applied in using "The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" over and over and over again.....*giggle*
    Last edited by Divatologist; 2nd September 2008 at 02:05 AM.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com